Thread: Hello! Just wondering how are people pulling of -30 in 18hole tourney?

• Facebook
  • Display

Hello! Just wondering how are people pulling of -30 in 18hole tourney?

Noticed in a online club tourney some had -28 to-30 in a single 18hole tourney.

How is this or do they've cheat codes.

Thanks

They are playing on amateur with boost pins and maybe even from the red tees.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    They are playing on amateur with boost pins and maybe even from the red tees.
    Yeah I don't even bother checking the country club tourneys at this point with the settings like this and all of the glitches I face I play one round a day in my career and call it a day.

I've wondered the same thing, however it is "funny" to see some of these people posting scores like you've said, -25-30 on 18 holes, then when there is a daily tourny set up on hard settings with all that disabled. I still shoot my usual -3-9 under and they shoot +1.....cheaters only cheat themselves.

It's human nature to assume people are circumventing the rules when they themselves can't achieve similar results. There are no cheat codes. The game is significantly influenced by math and once you figure that out, if you have enough free time and dedication, it's pretty easy to reduce the game to child's play.

Quote Originally Posted by ER1CKSON View Post
    It's human nature to assume people are circumventing the rules when they themselves can't achieve similar results. There are no cheat codes. The game is significantly influenced by math and once you figure that out, if you have enough free time and dedication, it's pretty easy to reduce the game to child's play.
    Cheating or not. I am probably one of the rare people that like this game b/c it's golf....I'm just not liking the idea of being able to shoot -30 on 18 holes. In the perfect world, if you had an albatross on every par 5 and par 4, (same thing also called a hole in 1 on a par 3) and say the par for the course was 72 for this example. If you were able to do that on every hole you'd shoot a 36 on par 72, -36....I'm not seeing how that's realistic.

Even the best of the best struggle to shoot better than 59 (which has only been down 4 times). So shooting a -30 under just isn't realistic. It's cool I guess to be able to do it in video game golf, but that's for someone else to enjoy.

I'd rather have the option to set my bag up on the game like I have it in real life. So a far I'm able to get it close.

I have a Ping Anser 2 putter so on the game I use the Ping Anser.

For my real life woods I have TaylorMade 07 Burner 1,3,5 wood...on the game I use the Master's edition since either I haven't unlocked them yet or the TaylorMade's aren't on the game.

For my irons, in real life I have a combo set MP 53 5-7 iron and 8-PW MP 63, I wish on the game you could make a combo set. I use the MP 63 on the game.

My real life wedges are Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 52, 56, 60 wedges, here again not sure if it's b/c it's Nike vs Titleist on the video game but there are no Titleist brands on the game...I think this must be a Nike issue....so I use the Master's edition wedges.

My golf ball of choice is a toss up between a Titleist ProV1 and Titleist NXT Tour S (hi viz yellow). On the game there again are no Titleist brands, this is beyond me as Titleist is the number 1 ball in golf....you'd think "if it's in the game...it's in the game (thanks EA)".

I also like to walk the course in real life and either carry my clubs or use my push cart. I think it would be cool on this game if as an amateur you had to carry your clubs. It would be cool to see them walking down the fairway with their bag on their back. The only time an amateur gets a caddy in real life is when they play in a PGA event (i.e. the US Amateur or the US Open) all the other times like in college tournaments they have to carry their own clubs.

Back to the side note of the "Nike issue" this must be something that Nike requires of it's staffed players in real life. Nike is the only guys/gals you'll see on tour that are 100% 1 sponsor, hat, shirt, pants, belt, belt buckle, socks, shoes, ball, clubs, bag, glove, umbrella, EVERYTHING. All the other Ping, TayloMade, Cobra, etc..etc.. will have players with a hodgepodge of sponsors, maybe it's b/c the Nike contract pays so much or they (nike) doesn't want their brand with any other. The only time I've seen this rule broken is with Tiger, he has a blacked-out Pingman grip on his putter. He's always used a Pingman grip, even when he played Mizuno irons with a Scotty Cameron putter before changing to Titleist irons and then later onto 100% Nike.

thanks for listening....back to golf...TPC Sawgrass this week, going to be a good one!

yep i saw -57 on 18 holes earlier on tw13

really this "issue" is just a fundamental disagreement on how the game should be played. it's really no different than in ncaa/madden/etc....

some (i call them casuals) like to run for 10 billion yards a season and score 200 points per game winning the national championship/super bowl every season

others (i call them sims) like the scores/stats to by and large reflect something close to reality.

there is no right/wrong way to play a video game. its simply a matter of preference.

i STRONGLY prefer a more sim like approach so i haven't really messed much with the country club dailies as the vast majority of them are setup to where you need to score -30 or so just to have a shot at winning.

i'd much prefer a tourny where E could win a 4 round tourny for a "major" and -15 or so would win most events for 4 rounds (-4 or so per round).

the ONLY way to get those settings is to play with advance shot shaping and probably play on the simulation difficulty (or a custom version of tourny difficulty).

I just cannot get motivated to spend hours at a time of playing a fairly easy version of darts. However, if that's what floats your boat more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    really this "issue" is just a fundamental disagreement on how the game should be played. it's really no different than in ncaa/madden/etc....

some (i call them casuals) like to run for 10 billion yards a season and score 200 points per game winning the national championship/super bowl every season

others (i call them sims) like the scores/stats to by and large reflect something close to reality.

there is no right/wrong way to play a video game. its simply a matter of preference.

i STRONGLY prefer a more sim like approach so i haven't really messed much with the country club dailies as the vast majority of them are setup to where you need to score -30 or so just to have a shot at winning.

i'd much prefer a tourny where E could win a 4 round tourny for a "major" and -15 or so would win most events for 4 rounds (-4 or so per round).

the ONLY way to get those settings is to play with advance shot shaping and probably play on the simulation difficulty (or a custom version of tourny difficulty).

I just cannot get motivated to spend hours at a time of playing a fairly easy version of darts. However, if that's what floats your boat more power to you.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post

I can't really disagree with any of this. It's all a matter of personal preference and that's what's beautiful about video games. There was really no "realistic" way to make the game difficult in the old days. We used to do tournaments with irons only, sometimes even a 7 iron only, and we'd still shoot stupid low scores. We created tour pro back in 2004 before EA did, we just called it no spin no boost. The game has finally evolved so you can truly make it difficult now, but, many of the guys who have played online for years remain loyal to the easier modes. Habit maybe? Who knows. I personally like to play a bit of everything as I like to be a well rounded player. Amateur is the least stressful for me and what I play most of, but, I'm quite competent in all modes because I think it's important to know how to play every aspect of the game.

What I don't enjoy is people who only play one mode and look down at, or think less of people who play multiple modes. There's plenty of ways to play this game and as long as everyone can enjoy the game they want then I'm happy.

Hopefully I don't come across as "looking down at" others that play the other modes. I just don't find any enjoyment in it, nothing else. Like others have said and I agree, I don't play NCAA football and try and score 100+ points or rush for 500+ yards per game. Some people do and it's fine with me, just not my cup of tea.

The morale of the story is, I don't play in too many of the daily tournaments b/c they have scores like -20--30, which I assume is not done on the max difficulty. I do try the other daily tournaments that are setup on harder difficulties and enjoy those, I'm just not as active with the other settings.

I guess it's just a different mindset, I play the game like I play golf in real life (there is no way I shoot low scores like that in real life) but I do "play the ball down" or "as it lies". Sometimes I go out and have a great round and shoot in the mid-high 70s, other days I have not so great rounds and shoot in the mid 80s.

It seems like no matter what the video game world does there will always be people trying to cheat the system someway or another...I read on other forums how people are upset b/c people play more than the 2 rounds, or they have multiple usernames and therefore are able to submit multiple scores...I guess that's what they're going for, maybe I'm missing some bigger picture like I'd win some real money or something, it just seems like they are fudging their scores or bending the rules for what??? I submit 1 round only if I shoot a not so great round, atleast I got to play.

I'm that way too Giggs....I wanted to make my league where getting a birdie was rewarding, but it just isn't popular, so I made a few things more challenging, but still kept it at a tour pro type level so there was more participation.

I enjoy playing this game, most of you guys are just in a different league than me. I've been playing video game golf since back on Sega PGA Tour II, I did alright on that game and then later on Tiger Woods have done ok, I think in all my time playing I've only had a handful of holes-in-one. It's been a few seasons maybe since TW09, well last night in the daily CC tourny at the old Masters course I had a hole-in-one. I was pretty excited, sent JB a PSN message...I was all pumped. Then I went online and looked at the weekly stats for the CC, well it was Wednesday and 3 days into the WEEK the leading person has 14 holes-in-one THIS WEEK!

Talk about getting kicked in the jimmy! I was like, well atleast I have one one LOL

A lot of those guys play a lot of amateur and nothing else, so that's the reason why. I got only my 2nd ace this year last night. It's a lot harder to ace this year I think. Last year I had around 20 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    A lot of those guys play a lot of amateur and nothing else, so that's the reason why. I got only my 2nd ace this year last night. It's a lot harder to ace this year I think. Last year I had around 20 I think.
    Congrats on the ACE.