Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: General Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    What's your recruiting experience been like, griffin? I haven't had a low-tier-team dynasty that I actually stuck with, so I don't have much to go on.
    The recruiting is very hard. ULL starts out as a 1* and that is pretty much the caliber of recruit that you can go for with a few 2* guys who may be interested. Forget anything above 2*. As my season progressed and I finished up 6-6 my first year with a bowl bid, more 2* guys were interested the next year. My second season I was 9-3 with another bowl bid and my team also went from a 1* to a 2* team so the next season there were about 5-6 3* recruits that had me on their list. What I noticed is that: if you are a 1* the highest recruit that will be interested is 2*. When I became a 2* team the highest recruit that I would see is 3* player with some interest. The best way to recruit with the lower teir teams is to stick to your pipeline and to guys that have you on their lists. Its very refreshing because in past NCAA games after 3-4 years I would have already won the NC with ULL

Gotta get my Xavier dynasty up.

I find it partly ironic that conference invites seem to be quite turned down this year. Lot fewer teams changing conferences ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I find it partly ironic that conference invites seem to be quite turned down this year. Lot fewer teams changing conferences ...
    Yeah, I'm actually pretty disappointed in that. I was hoping to own the Big East with my teambuilder team for a few years and then make the jump to the SEC or something.

Don't mind me, just seeing how this looks.

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

Last edited by Iron Dragon; 11-04-2010 at 06:51 PM.

I'd take the (Offense) out of the Position columns, or at least abbreviate them so they're not so long ... otherwise looks pretty slick.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I think I'll be bringing my Buffalo dyansty over here once I get a season done..

For all my CC guys... how do you guys feel about jumping after Year 1?

If you signed a 1 year contract I don't see an issue with it.

How do you pick the length of your contract? I have only been offered two year deals.

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    How do you pick the length of your contract? I have only been offered two year deals.
    I don't think you get to pick the length. You're stuck with whatever the CPU/game offers you.

Basmare
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I don't think you get to pick the length. You're stuck with whatever the CPU/game offers you.
    From what I see in my tryout dynasty with the no-edit rosters playing MTSU, I tried out the CC multiple times. Offers from TTU, WMU, NIU, Baylor and Maryland in 5 attempts, every attempt offered 2 or 3 deals out of those 5 and
    every time a 2 or 3 year-deal. Sometimes TTU offered me a 2-year deal, sometimes a 3-year deal and sometimes no deal.

My start with Temple was a 4 year contract but I bailed after year one to join NC State and got a 3 year deal (all as OC)

Yeah, I recall JB saying you can get anywhere from a 1 year contract, to as long as a 7 year contract. It just depends on what the game pops in there for the number.

Well, Temple just effed up! They should of locked me into a lifetime contract... I'm a flippin' legend, what were they thinking? Oh, thats right... they weren't.{smh}

How are you guys handling recruiting? Personally, since its not one of my goals I'm allowing the CPU to handle it. I don't want to be bias towards one side of the ball. I am going in and setting Team Needs as 'High, Medium, or Low' in the Recruit Plan section. Giving the coach advice is what I like to call it.

What are some of the things you guys are doing?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Well, depending on the length of my contract, I've actually not been worrying about it in either of my ODs since I don't plan on sticking around in either of them after the first season.

Also, in my offline dynasty, I just saw first hand a major change in my Coach Prestige by switching jobs after the first season. Went from a C to a D+ because I jumped ship after one season.

Basmare
    Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    How are you guys handling recruiting? Personally, since its not one of my goals I'm allowing the CPU to handle it. I don't want to be bias towards one side of the ball. I am going in and setting Team Needs as 'High, Medium, or Low' in the Recruit Plan section. Giving the coach advice is what I like to call it.

What are some of the things you guys are doing?
    Actually always the same with recruiting. No CPU influence and I always keep a small board of 10 people, based on needs first, then on interest and depth. It's one of many strategies, but it keeps things simple and organized and
    I always make sure I give as many scholarships as roster spots after this season, so the roster doesn't exceed 70. You always have to cut anyways and time is mostly short if you scout on a big board, I think.
    I have no trust in the CPU, I joined nevada as an OC and they had some of the needs open and an overload of DT's scouted. I'd rather do it myself, even if I know I'll be leaving.

I understand that. Makes sense.

Am I the only 'View Whore' in this forum? I love seeing my views go up, it motivates me to keep going and trying to make it 'worthwhile'.

Thanks for all of those who have satisfied my view whore addiction