Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: General Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

General Dynasty Discussion Thread

(Sticky please)

So I've setup a Long Beach State Teambuilder school. Why?

How cool is that?

Anyway, I used San Jose State's roster and swapped LBSU with the Spartans.

Didn't know that their opening game of the season is against Alabama. Methinks I might be changing that ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Preseason All-WAC ... the following are the players not from Boise State:
    HB V. Taua, Nevada
    WR G. Salas, Hawaii
    K K. Goessling, Fresno
    P A. Shapiro, Fresno

Otherwise it's every starter from Boise. Oy.

I think it'd be best if we don't use stickies in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I think it'd be best if we don't use stickies in this area.
    Well boo to you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Well boo to you, sir.

OK, so I'm kinda doing a user-participation thing. I'm bringing back a dynasty team I used in NCAA '07/'09 on last-gen with Cumberland University (Tennessee) or another TB school, and I'd like to get some user-created TeamBuilder teams in the dynasty to fill up 8 other spots, since I'm doing this on more than one site, post me a link to your team with any base roster, and I'll include them in.
    Last edited by Iron Dragon; 07-28-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
    OK, so I'm kinda doing a user-participation thing. I'm bringing back a dynasty team I used in NCAA '07/'09 on last-gen with Cumberland University (Tennessee) or another TB school, and I'd like to get some user-created TeamBuilder teams in the dynasty to fill up 8 other spots, since I'm doing this on more than one site, post me a link to your team with any base roster, and I'll include them in.
    Here you go:
    http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...165:1280344154

Iron, not sure what level you're looking for, but if 1-star is fine, http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...665:1279001424

It doesn't matter how good or bad the teams will be. All I know is that my team will be D- in all categories.

Also I've only got two spots left..

If I remember, I'll make a couple edits to LBSU's roster tonight. I just remembered I made some changes that you probably wouldn't want in your dynasty, lol.

Alright now I've got 12 teams.

LBSU is updated if you want to use them.

Just won 31-0 at The Big House. So satisfying to hold M*ch*g*n to under 100 yards of total offense, and rack up 461 myself.

Can anybody try out these links and let me know if they work?
    http://is.gd/e1hEZ
    http://bit.ly/aEwvek

They're supposed to link to one of my Dynasty Wire stories on a Public dynasty, but a friend is saying they don't work. For me, they only work if I'm signed into the Online Dynasty site. But I wrote them, so they might be even further limited than that.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Can anybody try out these links and let me know if they work?
    http://is.gd/e1hEZ
    http://bit.ly/aEwvek

They're supposed to link to one of my Dynasty Wire stories on a Public dynasty, but a friend is saying they don't work. For me, they only work if I'm signed into the Online Dynasty site. But I wrote them, so they might be even further limited than that.

Would appreciate any feedback.
    Definitely not working.

Weird. One of those is the link that EA provides on the "share" button.

I dont have time to do the long dynasty threads so I thought I would start one where you can come in and update however you like.

I usually start my dynasty with multiple coaches, one with the team I am going to be and others who I may recruit for and play a couple games with. This year I just started with 2 coaches. My team would be ULL and the other was NMSU.

ULL is a fun team to build up my first year was difficult. The team was in transition from a spread no huddle team to a more pro style attack the first half of the season would be an failure at 2-4. the second half of the season would be more successful. ULL finished out the year at 6-6 with a suprising bowl bid. ULL would face a superior houston team and come home with a whipping in the bowl game.

Year two looked promising with a year to get used to the new style and a senior heavy team ULL looked to challenge for the Sun Belt. The season started off fast with 3 straight wins. In week 4 ULL had to travel to kansas state for a tough road game against a big 12 team. Nasty weather and a few timely turnovers would help ULL beat KSU by 3. The win was great but I lost my best player for 4 weeks in the game and losses to MTSU and Ark St would ruin any chance at the Conference Championship. ULL finishes 9-3 and another Bowl Bid vs Northwestern. This bowl game was closer but still ULL would come home defeated. ULL would go from a 1* team to an 2*

Year 3 would be a year to forget, 3-9 with not much to be happy about. After last year some very promising players would transfer in but all of them would have to sit out for a year. The increase in *'s also helps. I think there was 5 seniors on this very young team.

Year 4 was great, all of the transfers would be eligable to play, and the young guys have a year of play time under their hats. A tough non-conference schedule would keep ULL at 8-4 for the year but a Sun Belt championship would be ours. After 2 attempts at the bowl games ULL would finally win one and party like it was 1999. A motor city bowl win vs UTEP is the highlight of my coaches career so far. LOL.

Coach ULL would recieve offers from Wake Forrest, VT, Clemson in year 4 (after turning down NAVY, SMU, Houston) in previous years. Clemson was coming off their 2nd consecutive losing season and was rolling out the red carpet for Coach ULL (pride stickers, multiple uniforms, death valley, and that cool tiger roar when you score LOL) coach ULL chose to take the offer from Clemson. His time in Louisana was successful ULL would go from a 1* to a 3* with better recruits to go after and a team with a very well stocked pantry.

What's your recruiting experience been like, griffin? I haven't had a low-tier-team dynasty that I actually stuck with, so I don't have much to go on.

Recruiting as a 1* program on All-American is TOUGH. Playing as New Mexico State, I'm having a hard time getting even 1* players to commit. Of course, it doesn't help that I've been under .500 each of the first two years, but I've been starting with like seven players with me in their top ten, total. I've done pretty well getting into guys' top two or three, but it takes pretty much the whole season, and most of the time, some other team swoops in and steals the recruit right out from under me, which I actually think is pretty cool. Unfortunately, I've got something like 41 players on my roster, which isn't quite as cool.