Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: General Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    I had never really paid attention to number of views for my dynasty until this post. Pretty sweet to see my dynasty's views at almost 2,500. Either way, whether I was the only one viewing or posting in it, I'd still keep going just because I'm having fun with it and I've been posting dynasties on various sites since probably NCAA 2003.

As a 'rookie' I get caught watching the scoreboard. I don't mind people not posting but if nobody views it then that means I'm not updating it enough One day I'll be a vet and will get my head into the game and off the scoreboard. But right now I'm trying keep up with you guys... some of these are turning out to be really special. We may need a HOF forum to put some of these in once its all said and done.

How did y'all handle the conference re-alignments? Right now I have a five team WAC, smh

In past versions of NCAA football, it was possible to play a (non-online) dynasty with twelve, or so, user controlled teams. It looks to me like I can only control one team in a dynasty, is this true? Am I missing something?

Haven't looked into that but it still gives you the option to play offline during an OD so maybe you've just over looked it (?)

Quote Originally Posted by nmccauley View Post
    In past versions of NCAA football, it was possible to play a (non-online) dynasty with twelve, or so, user controlled teams. It looks to me like I can only control one team in a dynasty, is this true? Am I missing something?
    Yes. It's not quite as straight forward as years past, but it's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    First up ... how to setup a multi-team offline dynasty ...

I've seen the question asked several times: Yes, you can still play as multiple teams in a single offline dynasty. However, there are a couple of things you'll need to know before diving in.

1. For Offline Dynasties, only your first coach can "Use Existing Coach". I do not see any way to switch additional coaches to user control. It may be there, but, if it is, it's not obvious. So you can either have 1 existing coach plus X new coaches, or X new coaches in a multi-team offline dynasty.

2. The initial setup will be like you're doing a single-team dynasty. You'll create (or choose to use existing) your first coach, then do any pre-dynasty steps like Custom Conferences or Importing Teambuilder schools, then proceed into dynasty. Once in dynasty you'll go to the new "Coach Central" category and choose the "Coach Info" option. That's where you can customize existing coaches, or add new ones.

3. Any newly created coaches, within Dynasty, are assumed to be user coaches. However, after creating the coach you can select them and choose "Make CPU Controlled".

4. Age and Specialty are not set during creation. You'll have to edit the coach after creation to change these.

5. Prestige and Job Security are not editable within dynasty. You'll be starting at D+ prestige.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

not sure if this is the area for this, but it's dynasty related- mostly directed towards cpu stat tweaks/player progression. this list is taken from my 2015 offline dynasty. hopefully, this can be used to tweak some areas to help bring a little more balance to the game. my opinions will be in bold.

10 games into the season so far, my fullback (91 OVR) leads the nation with 56 pancake blocks. the next closest player in college has only 36. the next closest on my team only has 7. i frequently slide protect up, but why it only affects my FB, idk?

9 of the top 15 pancake blockers are right tackles (1 FB, 1 C, and 4 LT's are the rest). the first guard appears at #27 on the list. more balance is needed. one position shouldnt dominate the list

the top 4 WR's in receptions all have over 100 catches 10 games into their seasons. the #5 place WR has 65. why the sudden drop off?

the best rated player in 2015 is a punter (98 ovr). 8 of the top 13 are either punters or kickers. cant explain this.

there are 12 players with 99 speed, 9 of which are WR's. more balance is needed. the other 3 players were RB, FS, and CB.

there are 10 players with 99 strength: 5 DT's, 4 RT's, and 1 RG this might contribute to why DT's are more dominant in the game than the DE's. Right tackles seem to get a lot of love in this game

there are 69 players with 99 awareness. 17 WR's have 99 catch ratings, 12 receivers have 99 route running ratings. way too many 99's across the board. imo, ratings should be lowered across the board, which would help distinguish the different levels of players (great from good, good from above average, etc).

there are 5 QB's with 99 throw accuracy, however, my qb is the only qb in the country completing more than 60% of his passes. (this with cpu qb accuracy on 35). the completion %'s of the 5 qb's with 99 accuracy are: 44.8%, 61.8% (my qb), 51.5%, ---, and 55.4%. one of the qb's is a redshirt freshman and isnt even the starter. this is completely retarded....probably mostly due to the qb accuracy slider at 35, but then why are these elite accuracy qb's not even close to being a leader in completion percentage?

the top 8 rated block shredders are either LOLB's or LE's. again, balance. might just be a freak thing though?

5 of the 9 players with 99 pursuit are FS's. other 4 were a DE, MLB, SS, and CB....again, balance is needed. imo, a mixture of all positions should be listed here.

of the top 8 rated players with the best play recognition rating, 6 are CB's....all are defensive backs. cant explain this. LB's and the d-line should get some love, LB's especially.

I've been bouncing around a few dynasty ideas ... might as well bring them here, see which one strikes interest.

#1: The "Resurrection Dynasty" thread I started over a year ago was supposed to be a Death-Penalty dynasty in NCAA 11. The idea still intrigues me. While I don't totally want to go back to NCAA 11, it probably would be good for me to ease back into playing football, and there are some things I wanted to learn in NCAA 11 that may carry over to NCAA 13.

#2: Head Coach 09 dynasty with Saints - I started to write a dynasty thread with the Saints in Head Coach 09, and then my free time dropped to nothing. So glad I didn't write up that thread. Anyway, I took the Saints with Sean Payton, started with the 2008 NFL Draft and had one of the best drafts I could ever imagine. Drew Brees has plenty of weapons, let's just put it that way.

#3: Head Coach 09 dynasty with Falcons - This is an idea that just hit me a couple days ago. The Falcons, with the Head Coach 09 preseason roster, have practically no QB (Chris Redman, 68 OVR), and huge cap room ($66M). They have a lot of solid WRs, but other than a few highly ranked players (John Abraham, Keith Brooking, K/P), they have a lot to re-build. Obviously in the 2008 draft they took Matt Ryan. No matter what path I choose, I wouldn't be picking up Matty Ice (though I'm a huge fan of his). I'd either be trying to survive Year 1 with a veteran QB (trading away practically all my draft picks) and then building a normal offense, or try one of the game's "college offenses" (i.e. Rich Rod Spread, Florida Spread, Wishbone) and build a completely different NFL team. Of course, the rub with NFL Head Coach 09 is that the computer is controlling the entire on-field play, so I'd be running an option using the CPU. It would be very interesting.

Anyway, thoughts?

I got in a game of NCAA 12 this morning. My CAL dynasty is going well. We are now in the year 2020. I played UCF today and I had a ridiculous 9 sacks. I looked up UCF's stats to see the ratings et al and as I expected, they had no TACKLES or GUARDS listed on the team (they also had 6 QB's and 9 WR's but that's another story). For those of you who had not played past five or so seasons, the depth chart/roster issues are just as severe if not worse than NCAA 11. This has to be fixed for 13.

Wait, no Tackles or Guards at all? Or just none on the depth chart?

Wait, no Tackles or Guards at all? Or just none on the depth chart?
    They had no guards or tackles that I could see. I have ran into similar situations versus other teams but nothing to that extent. Centres, HB's, FB's TE's, Qb's etc. all were used to fill the positions. I just played another game versu Arizona and other than a few too many Qb's (six again) there were no major glaring issues.

I wonder if they just had a bunch of walk-ons. It shouldn't be possible to have 0 at a position that has a minimum.

i played arizona in my offline dynasty, and their #2 and #3 wr's were both quarterbacks. when i first saw the personnel on the playcall screen, i was like, "what the hell? 3 qb's?"

Anyway, thoughts?
    Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

Anyone, anyone, Bueller?
    Option #1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone, anyone, Bueller?
    Sorry man, I meant to reply back when you first made the post but completely forgot to. I agree with steeler. Option #1, then Option #3 as a secondary pick.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more Option #1 interests me the most. I may still do Options #2 or #3, but not as an on-board Dynasty.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more Option #1 interests me the most. I may still do Options #2 or #3, but not as an on-board Dynasty.
    So, in the interest of a lack of time, Option #1 is definitely not happening. Only two months until NCAA 13 releases, and I'm not going to play nearly enough to do a decent death penalty dynasty in two months. And I'm pretty confident that 13 is going to be enjoyable enough that I will stop any 11 dynasty dead.

So, going back to the original reason I was revisiting the Resurrection Dynasty ... there are a couple things I want to work on in preparation for 13, and get myself back in the right frame of mind to play. So I'm just going to start a new dynasty, with the deck only slightly stacked against me, and go from there.

To that end, I'm planning to start a new Dynasty with Cincinnati in the Big Ten. I'll probably simulate Year 1 and get us to 2011, or go ahead to 2012. Cincinnati's pretty highly ranked with the default rosters on NCAA 11, so two years under CPU control should take them down a peg or two. Anyway, that's the plan, and I hope to begin the first weekend of June, so keep an eye out.

While not something regarding NCAA, I'm just gonna borrow this thread instead of clogging up my current dynasty thread with side talk.

With the death of the NCAA series and thus no longer any rush on my seasons, during the stretches when I'm not really feeling like NCAA games, or the week or two stretches between seasons in NCAA, I'm looking at firing up a Madden 25 franchise to run alongside my NCAA dynasty.

This is something that I'm not figuring on starting for a couple weeks, so it'll be a bit. I'm also still trying to decide what I want to do with it. If I fire it up as a coach or an owner, after doing some numbers work and eliminations, I had my team considerations whittled down to 5 teams: Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Oakland and Tampa Bay. Essentially I was going for the sucky teams from the last 1-3 seasons.

Through some more numbers work, I cut the list down to three teams: Buffalo, Jacksonville and Tampa Bay. A little more numbers work, whittled it down to just Buffalo and Jacksonville. Technically, Jacksonville was the winner out of 100 head to head simulations (52-48), but I'm still keeping Buffalo in the running.

Now comes the decision to make regarding what I do. I could do a quick simulation through RTG to create a player and have him drafted, then transfer him over to Madden 25 and run from there as a player.

I could take over a current player. If I were to go that route, while I wouldn't mind playing for a team other than Denver, my top pick for current player would probably be Zac Dysert, third-string QB for Denver. He went to high school in Ada, Ohio (just an hour away from me, and I actually played against him my senior year in high school), so he's someone I'd probably enjoy playing as, "local boy" and all. As third-string, wouldn't be playing much in the early years (if at all), but he's also a rookie (as far as Madden 25 is concerned), so I'd have a whole bunch of years to grow his skills and either move up the chart in future seasons at Denver or hit the free agent market and sign somewhere else.

And whether I go as a NCAA '14 created RTG player moved to Madden or start as a current player, do I just do a player career or move onto a coaching career after I retire? Or, do I forgo playing entirely and just start off as a coach at Buffalo or Jacksonville?

So that's what I'm giving thought to right now. My NCAA dynasty will still be going, as long as NCAA '14 still loads up and plays in my 360, I'll continue my dynasty. Just giving thought to firing up a Madden dynasty to change things up when I'm between seasons in NCAA. NBA Live/2K is too long with an 82 game season, NHL is too long with an 82 game season, FIFA soccer wouldn't be too bad, with seasons only from 30-60 depending on whether I was in the MLS or Europe, but while I follow soccer, while I watch it regularly, my knowledge level is not on the same level as steeler's, so I by far would fail to do a FIFA dynasty justice with my posting about it. So Madden fits the bill with a relatively short season of just 16 games (20 max if you include all four rounds of the playoffs), so it would make it easier to get through seasons.

Like I said, it'll be a while. Only four games into my current NCAA season, I want to finish the current season before I even think about creating a thread or setting things up for a Madden franchise, so it could be March before I even give thought to setting anything up. Just putting my ideas down in post form so I can come back to them later, and if anyone wants to give any feedback as well, I'll take it into consideration when it comes to make the decision on what route I want to go. Another thing I have to decide, whether I go coach or player to start, is how in-depth I try to get. I'm not sure I'm going to go quite as in-depth in regards to play by play and everything else in games like I do currently with NCAA. NCAA games already take a good 3 hours to do between playing and typing everything up. I wouldn't mind shorting things up a little bit if I add Madden to the fray.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 02-03-2014 at 04:34 AM.