Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blogs This Year

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by PISTOLxCOACH View Post
    but im one of those people... i barely played 10 at all... maybe 4-5 weeks online, and a tiny bit of OD, just hooked back up with 2 good OD's from this site... i am one of them that had planned on not buying the game for the first time at all... but they have provided solid proof for their efforts this year...

dont understand that comment, the mood here is positive, relaxed, and enjoying the features/re-installs of the game that are coming out this year... why im here more than utopia purely because everyone here may have low expectations, but nobody is regurgitating the same stuff every feature/release/blog/recap we get... im glad they made this site myself, dont have to read through 30 posts of useless stuff to get to any good solid info from the CD guys... they are keeping their input on stuff streamlined along with the release blogs and videos... love it

"E"
    I agree on the progress the game has made this year. I couldn't be more impressed with what has been released so far & the depth of every announcement they've made. Huge leaps from what I can tell so far.

What I meant about the reason this site started was that at utopia, it seemed like you couldn't post an opinion(positive or negative) without having it viciously attacked & having to defend it. What caught my attention in your post were the words "not tolerating negative remarks". Maybe it was just the way you worded it & you didn't really mean it that way but that's all I was commenting on.

You and I are in complete agreement about the info on the game we have this year, I just wanted to point that out because something as simple as that can be misunderstood that's all.

Hell I don't mind teasing....there is still stuff that hasn't been announced that will blow you away

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Maybe it was just the way you worded it & you didn't really mean it that way but that's all I was commenting on
    yeah i could have worded that different... my point being that i almost stopped posting altogether on utopia because of that crowd, but now with this site, i can share my views with the like-minded, and can input X's & O's talk on utopia still...

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Hell I don't mind teasing....there is still stuff that hasn't been announced that will blow you away
    this.... kind of stuff... makes me

"E"

Must...stay...strong...keep...low...expectations.. .ugh!

coaching carousel?????

Offseason Improvements?!

You're killin me smalls!

Oh and Pistol, I hear ya man. I felt the same way about utopia. I don't mind people disagreeing with me or even complaining about the game. I just want them to be respectful & productive while doing so.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by coogrfan View Post

busting out the 45's LOL

OK Don't take this the wrong way JB , but your a Teasing Whore! (VBG)

but please keep it up.

Let's hold our horses here guys... JB just said "blown away"... Heck, this could be positive or negative...

For instance, I would be "blown away" if they found a way to make Season Showdown more useless and annoying... I think everyone here would. Haha, not to say I think this is what's going to happen, I'm just leaving room for you guys to keep your hopes down if you like to be pleasantly surprised

Windsocks 2.0

:p

Quote Originally Posted by BlindRedBaron View Post
    Let's hold our horses here guys... JB just said "blown away"... Heck, this could be positive or negative
    i seriously doubt he would even mention anything that would blow us away with negative stuff... especially with move to the this forum =D

"E"

I've never understood why anyone would waste so much of their time posting on (or Moderating) a site devoted to a game that they haven't played in years. That's Utopia nowadays. I joined Utopia in 03 and it was alot like this place is now. But somewhere between then and now, the focus changed. I wonder if there are any Mod's left there that even care about NCAA 11. Or if any of them played 10 or 09.

The point is, that site had 3 really good Mod's. 3 guys who were passionate about the series. 3 guys who believed that the negativity took away from the community's purpose. Guys that felt that there is a better way to provide criticisms than to say, "F--- You, EA!" and that felt that there are better ways to disagree with a fellow community member than to say, "your opinion blows ass."

Those 3 guys are here now and that's why I'm here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    Windsocks 2.0

:p
    You and your windsock jokes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Must...stay...strong...keep...low...expectations.. .ugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    If we don't get a blog tomorrow, perhaps you guys could just spill the beans on a few things.
    All This: HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    any time frame on when new info comes out?
    Like G and others said no commitment from ea on news this season, which is smart, and quite honestly really good for the team. But the past couple weeks we've got 2 pieces of info throughout the week. I think the past 2 tue and fri. Still a lot of things to touch on that we are expecting. Like for example Uniforms, and maybe some defensive position updates (we've hit all the offensive positions "I THINK"), Teambuilder, season showdown, more espn integration stuff, obviously the other 2 dynasty blogs, and the 'superstar' or 'heisman' mode update, I forget what that's called because I never play it. That's what I EXPECT to come out at some point. Stuff I hope to hear about includes special teams updates, post game (in espn), weekly scouting, and I don't know what a new mode could be, but I think they try and add one every year, so there's that possibly.

Basically though, since Team Entrances was last week, I think I'll be surprised if we don't get a mini-Uniform blog on Friday. We should get something

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Ihose 3 guys are here now and that's why I'm here too.

ditto... no brown nose... lol

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Basically though, since Team Entrances was last week, I think I'll be surprised if we don't get a mini-Uniform blog on Friday. We should get something
    We should be due for blogs on uniform & stadium upgrades/additions. Those are always interesting as the details add up quickly in sports games IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I've never understood why anyone would waste so much of their time posting on (or Moderating) a site devoted to a game that they haven't played in years. That's Utopia nowadays. I joined Utopia in 03 and it was alot like this place is now. But somewhere between then and now, the focus changed. I wonder if there are any Mod's left there that even care about NCAA 11. Or if any of them played 10 or 09.

The point is, that site had 3 really good Mod's. 3 guys who were passionate about the series. 3 guys who believed that the negativity took away from the community's purpose. Guys that felt that there is a better way to provide criticisms than to say, "F--- You, EA!" and that felt that there are better ways to disagree with a fellow community member than to say, "your opinion blows ass."

Those 3 guys are here now and that's why I'm here too.
    We're glad to have ya here!

so... i havent paid attention... you guys are done totally with Utopia or...? what? im a little ...

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOLxCOACH View Post
    so... i havent paid attention... you guys are done totally with Utopia or...? what? im a little ...
    Yep, no longer affiliated with that site. This is our new home.