Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Presentation

• Facebook
  • Display
    Thanks Chris. My question on neutral site game was actually opposite what you were answering. My question is can you assign an away stadium as a "home" game and get the "home" field art any given week (still assuming that team didn't have home game that week). That would of course replace a neutral site game for the week.

Another question that just popped up: With the new mechanic of assigning "neutral" site games, do we now have control over in-conference games as well in scheduling?

Did Arizona's stadium upgrades make it in (new scoreboard, north end zone expansion)?

How often are we going to get uniform updates? Last year was a complete fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Thanks Chris. My question on neutral site game was actually opposite what you were answering. My question is can you assign an away stadium as a "home" game and get the "home" field art any given week (still assuming that team didn't have home game that week). That would of course replace a neutral site game for the week.

Another question that just popped up: With the new mechanic of assigning "neutral" site games, do we now have control over in-conference games as well in scheduling?
    - I think I'm being dense on this one. Let me explain how it works in-game and if I am not answering it correctly, ask again with some specific teams to get through my thick skull. The Neutral Site Games feature exists (as of early March, at least) within Custom Schedules. Currently, you highlight a match-up and toggle left/right to change vs./away. Now, if you press Square/X you can select what stadium for the game to be played at for the NSG. I believe the vs./away factors in to determine the home & away team for the game.

If you are asking whether you can set the NSG to be at the Away team's stadium and get dual-team field art...I suppose it would just change it so the Away team is now the Home team and get the standard field art. I can double check, but that is what it does if you try it for the home team.

- For your team? Yes. You could put WSU vs. Cal at Sam Boyd Stadium (UNLV) - provided UNLV doesn't have a home game that week.

Quote Originally Posted by kabbey520 View Post
    Did Arizona's stadium upgrades make it in (new scoreboard, north end zone expansion)?

How often are we going to get uniform updates? Last year was a complete fail.
    - Re: AZ. I do not know if I am at liberty to disclose field art/stadium updates. Let me see if I can get the green light as I do know about UAs videoboard & field art. (I'm not sure on expansion, however.)

- I have not heard any concrete details on the Uniform Store, but saw a preview today that said they hoped to have more updates this year.

From Operation Sports:

On the equipment side of things, the team has added gloves and base layers this year. The NCAA team has also added many of the uniforms missing from last year and more for this year. Also, uniforms are getting more support for post-launch eqipment additions.

For example Cal just announced new uniforms at their Spring game, but they won't be available on disc. However, Cal's new uniforms likely will be added post launch, but there was no mention if there will be a cost.

OK, not sure of what your answering so here's a team example lol. Presuming WSU would be the home team for the week, if I set WSU vs Oregon at Husky Stadium, is there a way to set that as a WSU home game with only WSU field art just like it were at Martin Stadium? Or does it strictly have to be a NSG because it's not the Cougs' official home site?

Vice Versa, could I go play Arizona in the Alamo Dome as the Away team where their field art covers both end zones and midfield, or will that automatically be set up as a half/half NSG.

So basically can you have a TRUE home game at an off-site, or will anything not on your home field be set as a NSG?

Also, for the uniform store, I hope they REALLY step it up this year. Anything like the new Cal uniform should be a day 1 post release launch and it should be FREE, since it's their new regular jersey.

And WHOA WHOA WHOA, you know about AZ videoboard and field art yet not the WSU press box upgrade?

I understand now! Picking any non-home stadium will give you the field art for both teams. I think I answered every variation of the question except for what you were actually asking.

I know..... I'll make a push in a few weeks for details on stadium updates in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I understand now! Picking any non-home stadium will give you the field art for both teams. I think I answered every variation of the question except for what you were actually asking.

I know..... I'll make a push in a few weeks for details on stadium updates in the game.
    LOL thanks for the depth. On stadiums, they said they got to 30 stadiums for chants and such. Are stadium updates ALWAYS and ONLY in that group of attended stadiums? If so we can just say who got touched and who didn't based on the 30 sites they attended.
    Last edited by Jayrah; 04-18-2013 at 10:32 PM.

so its basically a bowl game setup? would that make the crowd split 50/50 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    so its basically a bowl game setup? would that make the crowd split 50/50 as well?
    I believe so. I don't think there is any logic for crowd make-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    LOL thanks for the depth. On stadiums, they said they got to 30 stadiums for chants and such. Are stadium updates ALWAYS and ONLY in that group of attended stadiums? If so we can just say who got touched and who didn't based on the 30 sites they attended.
    No. Stadium updates will occur for any stadium, but they will wait until the major renovations are complete and go on-site to use their fancy laser scanner.

It is a completely different crew that records audio from those who visit stadiums for updates. Any two jabronis can go to a stadium and record the audio, but they send out some devs (and maybe contractors?) to scan and photograph stadiums.

The logic for the crowd should be geographical location. Example: Im playin with OH. ST in cowboys stadium against texas. TExas should have more fans.

Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
    The logic for the crowd should be geographical location. Example: Im playin with OH. ST in cowboys stadium against texas. TExas should have more fans.

it'd be nice too, if not every game was a sellout.

While that would be nice, you're talking about a whole bunch of extra programming to determine how much crowd is for what team.

This wasn't 100% as of March, but here is what I believe that plan to be: You can schedule any game at any FBS stadium - provided there isn't already a game at that stadium that week.
    Can you also set the time of day for the game or is it set like in previous years?

Any two jabronis can go to a stadium and record the audio
    This.

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

True

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    While that would be nice, you're talking about a whole bunch of extra programming to determine how much crowd is for what team.
    not every closer team has the crowd advantage. in the wisconsin/tcu rose bowl game a few years ago, wisconsin probably had 60% of the fans, despite being 500 miles farther away from pasadena than tcu.

however, a dynamic travelling crowd size wouldnt have to be super complicated. i just hate seeing the crowd being 95% for the home team and only 5% for the away team.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    not every closer team has the crowd advantage. in the wisconsin/tcu rose bowl game a few years ago, wisconsin probably had 60% of the fans, despite being 500 miles farther away from pasadena than tcu.

however, a dynamic travelling crowd size wouldnt have to be super complicated. i just hate seeing the crowd being 95% for the home team and only 5% for the away team.
    I say just split it 50/50 and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I say just split it 50/50 and be done with it.
    This Then have the closer (geographical) team be the "home" team or allow the user to set the "home" team.

Are there new team entrances this year?

If so, do you know if Louisville's entrance made it in this year?

And did Louisville's new field design make it into the game?

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2013/4/...rdinal-stadium

I cannot post attachments so here is the link to the article showing what the new design will look like.

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by countryboy; 04-20-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Watching the MSU spring game has me wishing spring games would come back to the series... pointless yes but great for my personal immersion.