Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Presentation

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Presentation

With presentation details now disclosed, use this thread to ask any Presentation related questions of community event attendees.

Keep in mind that the last time we played the game was early March and numerous elements were not fully implemented at that time.

We will answer questions to the best of our abilities.

How much material did they add for the half-time show? My biggest worry/fear is that it is going to get old/stale quickly.

Are the in-game instudio updates still in this year? Did they add any commentary to it from last year?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    How much material did they add for the half-time show? My biggest worry/fear is that it is going to get old/stale quickly.

Are the in-game instudio updates still in this year? Did they add any commentary to it from last year?
    The half-time show was not in the March build.

As of March, Studio Updates still in. Work has been done to make sure they do not interrupt drives. New commentary was not in the March build.

Any games shown in Studio Updates will be in the end-of-game dynamic load screen so you can see the final score.

Are there new team entrances this year?

If so, do you know if Louisville's entrance made it in this year?

And did Louisville's new field design make it into the game?

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2013/4/...rdinal-stadium

I cannot post attachments so here is the link to the article showing what the new design will look like.

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by countryboy; 04-20-2013 at 09:00 AM.

How much are we able to do in the creation of neutral-site games? Can we make any non-conference opponent a neutral-site game? Is it just limited to the kickoff classics, CCGs and bowl games?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    How much are we able to do in the creation of neutral-site games? Can we make any non-conference opponent a neutral-site game? Is it just limited to the kickoff classics, CCGs and bowl games?
    This wasn't 100% as of March, but here is what I believe that plan to be: You can schedule any game at any FBS stadium - provided there isn't already a game at that stadium that week.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    This wasn't 100% as of March, but here is what I believe that plan to be: You can schedule any game at any FBS stadium - provided there isn't already a game at that stadium that week.
    Excellent! As long as it's set so we can schedule non-conference games as a neutral-site game at any (open) stadium, then that works for me. It'll give me a chance to every once and a while get out of the same old, same old home/away cycle of scheduling. Especially if I have a rivalry "grow" during my dynasty and I personally consider a team to be a rivalry after a couple years, even if the game doesn't.

Now that moves Dynamic Rivalries up my list, so that the game actually will consider those games to be rivalries in the game. Or make it so we can create our own rivalries.

Can you also set the time of day for the game or is it set like in previous years?

I guess I should've put this over here:

Another detail that makes a big impact is the inclusion of pre-play player chatter. Now, in addition to hearing the QB bark out audibles, you can listen in as defenders call out their adjustments. You might catch the center calling out the number of down linemen or the QB calling out the Mike Linebacker. Linemen can make calls to alert potential blitzers, and the defense will counter by calling out strength of formation. You may even hear the location of the tight end or which players the defense will be keying on. You’ll also hear players celebrating between whistles as they make game-changing plays like TDs and INTs.
    My question here is does any of this matter? If I call 34 Under and the defense calls out the offensive strength do they now align correctly? Can I now set a strongside and weakside linebacker? Or is all this just chatter to increase "presentation"?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I guess I should've put this over here:

My question here is does any of this matter? If I call 34 Under and the defense calls out the offensive strength do they now align correctly? Can I now set a strongside and weakside linebacker? Or is all this just chatter to increase "presentation"?
    I wasn't aware that was even in until this morning (a lot of presentation stuff still wasn't in in March) but my speculation is that it's purely presentation...

Is the chatter purely pre-snap or could we finally hear assignment changes being called out during the play? Like when LB's change up their coverage responsibilities when in man coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Is the chatter purely pre-snap or could we finally hear assignment changes being called out during the play? Like when LB's change up their coverage responsibilities when in man coverage?
    I am unsure of that.

As you guys can probably tell from the answers, a lot of presentation changes were not in the build we played.

In a quick e-mail from EA, we know that the vast majority of presentation features and improvements were added in the last four weeks.

Though, keep the questions coming. If we do not know the answer, we'll try to find it if future media/blogs from the devs do not give you your answer.

Hey guys,

New to your site, and am a regular OS poster. I want to copy and paste a post of mine from OS and put it here because I would like to get your thoughts. It really surprises me that EA does not put more attention on crowd atmospher and crowd AI. IMO, the crowd energy and interaction is 70% of what makes watching football games so fun. I would like to understand your thoughts on crowd audio, and maybe this is something you guys could push next time you go down, for future iterations. Thanks!

I wish EA would stop being so obsessive with crowd chants, when the actual crwod audio itself has been horrible for years. For me, the biggest part of presentation that makes a sports game exciting is to have a crowd that sounds like a real stadium crowd.

Not only does the crowd need to ebb and flow, and sound like a real crowd. They also need to fix the crowd AI and have the crowd react APPROPRIATELY TO SITUATIONS ON THE FIELD.

-On 3rd down the crowd should be going ballistic.
    -On a deep pass there should be a gasp and sense of excitement while the ball is in the air, followed by an appropriate crowd reaction depending on who comes down with the ball.
    -During a big running play the crowd should build with excitement as the play develops
    -During a Touchdown or turnover the crowd should be erupting with cheers, or hear a heavy sigh and level of quiet if its the opposing team.
    -Before big drives like a 2 minute drive or end of game scenario, the crowd should be laser focused and into it.
    -Between plays the crowd should be much more docile and calm, and not the constant drone we always hear all game long.
    -If a big hit occurs there should be a loud gasp from the crowd, followed by cheers if its the home team

I really wish EA would understand the importance of this. Having realistic crowd AI, and a great sounding crowd with all the high and lows, ebbs and flows, and energy of a real crowd would do wonders for their product.

EDIT: Also, please make the "Pump Up The Crowd" feature work. It should be situationally dependant depending on the down or situation. But when I pump up the crowd I want it to feel like the crowd is reacting. Go to a Ravens game and watch a 3rd down play where the defense is pumping up the crowd.

Hey ch - good stuff and agree completely. From what I understand, crowd noise will be getting some improvements in 14. It sounded like the audio team made some strides between NCAA 13 & Madden 13 in crowd noise (Madden crowd was better IMO) plus the standard improvements with another year to build on. I don't think the final crowd audio was in for the March event. (The main focus of that event was Dynasty/Gameplay, but we definitely talked to Christian & the presentation team about their plans and what was going in.)

Pumping Up the Crowd is a weird one. For some reason it seemed like it didn't work in 13. I'll see if we can find out if it will be improved in 14.

We have been given the green light to discuss/announce Alternate Camera Angles. There are four camera angles to select: Regular, Zoom (closer behind ball-carrier), Wide, Broadcast (overhead/blimp but will dynamically zoom in on action based on result & is basically a hybrid between Blimp and Sky cam).
    Last edited by cdj; 04-18-2013 at 12:59 PM.

We have been given the green light to discuss/announce Alternate Camera Angles. There are four camera angles to select: Regular, Zoom (closer behind ball-carrier), Wide, Broadcast (overhead/blimp but will dynamically zoom in on action based on result & is basically a hybrid between Blimp and Sky cam).

Question on the cameras. Will you still be able to use the player lock on defense with these camera angles. I like Zoom (Madden) on offense but on defense it really is distracting since you can barely see your player and they really should have the option to at least flip the camera around.

With the new weather changes will we finally see different weather events during the game (sunny to rain to no rain, etc).
    Snow, will it accumulate over time?
    Chain Crew? Had to ask.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 04-18-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post

Question on the cameras. Will you still be able to use the player lock on defense with these camera angles. I like Zoom (Madden) on offense but on defense it really is distracting since you can barely see your player and they really should have the option to at least flip the camera around.

With the new weather changes will we finally see different weather events during the game (sunny to rain to no rain, etc).
    Snow, will it accumulate over time?
    Chain Crew? Had to ask.
    Yup forgot to ask about weather. Good question

I do want to say, the Presentation in game definitely received significant additions. Last May, a member on OS (DorianDonP) put together an excellent resource showcasing real-life presentation. I don't know specifics as to how it looks/works in NCAA14 but I know that in playing in March, a lot of what he shows in his real-life examples were starting to show up in the game. It was still very much a work in progress (very little was in the build we played) but you could get the feel that this is what they were targeting.

Hopefully we see more about that in the coming weeks.

So now we have outfitter specific footballs. It'd be nice if they could put the schools logo on their respective balls though.

I have seen people in the OS forums asking about a few things so I figured I'd ask them here. Are there dreads in the game? There aren't any visible in any screenshots. Has the weather improved to make rainy games look more realistic? Are there any new facemasks or cleats in the game? Are the pre-game intros the same every time or is the montage more like NBA 2k in that way too, dynamic?

So all new FBS schools have their stadiums included?