Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 25 Info

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I'm not "losing it". I'm merely pointing out that the "hype" surrounding NCAA/Madden this year doesn't to be nearly as strong as the "norm". Perhaps its a coincidence but I suspect that is b/c significant resources are being put into PS4/720 and that this year is just a "bridge" (i.e. nothing much "big" for either title) before next year's release on next-gen.
    I doubt he was talking about you. You definitely aren't going nuts

There are those "it's the end of the world, EA is trash, I'm not buying it because this video is a day late" people out there....

Decent article explaining how "run free" works (i.e. how to pull the moves off)

http://underthecode.com/2013/05/14/m...y-impressions/

Are these moves also on NCAA as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    No spoilers that I know of. I expect to see full 32 team control in franchise, a transaction log, being able to play any game on the schedule if we want. I think the imported draft class is a tougher thing because of the story mode built into the draft and CCM through the scouting process. We'll see.
    I really hope the play any game feature makes it back. To me this was a huge omission. However, I'm not sold it will be back... but I sure hope it's back for 14.

I'm not "losing it". I'm merely pointing out that the "hype" surrounding NCAA/Madden this year doesn't to be nearly as strong as the "norm". Perhaps its a coincidence but I suspect that is b/c significant resources are being put into PS4/720 and that this year is just a "bridge" (i.e. nothing much "big" for either title) before next year's release on next-gen.
    Make no mistake - I did not think you are losing it. I was referring to some guys at OS and Twitter losing their minds over the delay. JP is one of them and I've read cursing and other stuff too. Some people are way too serious.

Looking more and more like it's not coming out tonight as well. No big.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeSO View Post
    Looking more and more like it's not coming out tonight as well. No big.
    Pasta Padre posted a blog/article on his site noting this and wondering what is going on at EA. Also mentioned rumors of exclusivity with MS and EA are in the works. Honestly, I wouldn't mind see EA go to MS which would potentially open up Sony to bring in their own NFL product.

Pasta Padre posted a blog/article on his site noting this and wondering what is going on at EA. Also mentioned rumors of exclusivity with MS and EA are in the works. Honestly, I wouldn't mind see EA go to MS which would potentially open up Sony to bring in their own NFL product.
    An exclusive deal would kill EA, regardless of how much Microsoft gives them. EA already has a lot of negativity associated with its name. Imagine removing Madden, NCAA, and FIFA from PlayStation users? People, including those organizations I just mentioned would go nuts...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    An exclusive deal would kill EA, regardless of how much Microsoft gives them. EA already has a lot of negativity associated with its name. Imagine removing Madden, NCAA, and FIFA from PlayStation users? People, including those organizations I just mentioned would go nuts...
    I agree...I just don't see how it's possible.

But I've been wrong before. Could it be just for earlier release of EA games?

Typed by thumbs.

Totally unrealistic, Cam Newton doesn't go down that easy.
    Last edited by LeeSO; 05-15-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeSO View Post

totoally unrealistic, Cam Newton doesn't go down that easy.
    Interesting. Can you imagine if the actual gameplay looked like that? The game can be so stunning when it's zoomed in and on replay. Anyways, back to the clip... I will still reserve judgment until I see actual sustained gameplay footage.

Interesting. Can you imagine if the actual gameplay looked like that? The game can be so stunning when it's zoomed in and on replay. Anyways, back to the clip... I will still reserve judgment until I see actual sustained gameplay footage.
    Yep and in recent years EA has given very little of that prior to release. It's ALWAYS the smooth close up replay views which ALWAYS look nice but not so much when you get the final product.

That blog and video were very underwhelming to me. Nothing in there makes it seem like it will play significantly different than last year. More emphasis on the hit stick? I've never even been a hit stick guy. Heat seeker? Just more marketing buzz word crap EA loves to use. Enough already with the catch phrases and back of the box bullet points (Infinity Engine, Force system, etc). Sheesh. It's called the tackle button and I'm sure it will work very similar to last year.

What I really take out of this video is the fact they have done NOTHING to improve the DL moves or to actually break blocks. There is no modifier system for the defense. They just tweaked the current options a little bit. I want to control my spin, rips, clubs and other moves on defense. DL play needs a big upgrade in controls. It's not even up to last gen snuff imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That blog and video were very underwhelming to me. Nothing in there makes it seem like it will play significantly different than last year. More emphasis on the hit stick? I've never even been a hit stick guy. Heat seeker? Just more marketing buzz word crap EA loves to use. Enough already with the catch phrases and back of the box bullet points (Infinity Engine, Force system, etc). Sheesh. It's called the tackle button and I'm sure it will work very similar to last year.

What I really take out of this video is the fact they have done NOTHING to improve the DL moves or to actually break blocks. There is no modifier system for the defense. They just tweaked the current options a little bit. I want to control my spin, rips, clubs and other moves on defense. DL play needs a big upgrade in controls. It's not even up to last gen snuff imo.
    Yeah I've been generally underwhelmed as well. I generally get NCAA just for the love of dynasty mode and college sports. Madden since I started law school always has to prove its worth it to me since I don't really have a team that I follow (other than my fantasy team on NFL Redzone)

EA is getting rid of the online pass. Used gaming values just went up next year. This should apply to Madden.

http://beyondmediaonline.com/forums/...ic=147.new#new

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIfI...e_gdata_player

simfballcritic releases some new info about ol/dl interactions in Madden 25 dealing with new animations and locomotion in pass blocking, pass rush, run blocking, etc...

Sounds intriguing, I can't wait to see it in action at E3 and in the demo. If it is a nice upgrade to ol/dl interactions I may skip NCAA altogether this year unless NCAA gets the same treatment.

Edit: He is just going over a list of info he received from EA Tiburon no actual video of any changes
    Last edited by WolverineJay; 05-16-2013 at 01:58 AM.

ESPN's article talking about defense. Nothin' major.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tec...ve-adjustments

I haven't read anything about this game that makes me wanna get aboard the hype train or even check the schedule to see when it may arrive.

Madden has sadly gone to a game that unless the demo interests me, then I won't even bother checking out hands on reviews. I used to live for "Madden Holiday", but now, its just another day.

Amazon has a good deal on the Anniversary edition of Madden 25. For an extra $40 you may get access to NFL Sunday Ticket but there are a lot of catches.

Personally I think those Anniversary editions are a good idea and money maker for EA if they were done properly. If you really want people to buy them at a premium price then sell those copies a week earlier. It's an easy cash grab as some guys will pay almost anything to get an early copy. Furthermore every anniversary edition should have an older game packaged inside on the disc. They should make it a game from 10 years prior. Just load Madden '04 on the disc and let people play it. Those old games can't take that much room. Last year's Madden downloaded at under 5 GB so there should be space. The MUT extras don't interest me at all but having a chance to play an old PS2 classic would.

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I haven't read anything about this game that makes me wanna get aboard the hype train or even check the schedule to see when it may arrive.

Madden has sadly gone to a game that unless the demo interests me, then I won't even bother checking out hands on reviews. I used to live for "Madden Holiday", but now, its just another day.
    I know how you feel. I used to get Madden every year and then 2K ruined that for me with their enhanced presentation and line play. It made Madden harder to enjoy and I quit buying it after Madden 05. I got hooked on the NCAA series and couldn't wait for the next game - until this generation. I've just given up hope for that series this gen as I view the developers goals as being opposite of what I want. The focus seems to be solely on online dynasty and getting the cpu to play a half-ass decent game was an after thought along with real player weight and momentum. The last couple years I haven't even seriously thought of buying NCAA. I still keep tabs on the series but I've gotten Madden the last two years again and I did enjoy CCM last year despite the game flaws. Both games cpu AI has been lousy and haven't improved in years. They are WAY behind the other sports games in this department.

I am looking forward to Madden 25 but it's not the "can't wait to get this game!" feeling anymore. In the past I would have driven an hour each way if I could have gotten the game early. Not anymore. A part of me thinks we are all better off waiting to buy the game after the first patch since the games have gotten so buggy lately.