Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FIFA 14 (PS3, 360, PC) - Fall 2013

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The demo is out.
    Played the demo a few times today. It plays well, better than 11,12, and 13. It's small but it does feel more refined but I would not say there is a huge improvement n gameplay IMO (although Matt would know better than I as I opted out of FIFA last year). I struggled passing the ball and tackling in the demo but the games were pretty competitive. Visuals are stunning and the commentary continues to be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Played the demo a few times today. It plays well, better than 11,12, and 13. It's small but it does feel more refined but I would not say there is a huge improvement n gameplay IMO (although Matt would know better than I as I opted out of FIFA last year). I struggled passing the ball and tackling in the demo but the games were pretty competitive. Visuals are stunning and the commentary continues to be decent.
    I've only played, I think, 2 matches with the demo. For me, the biggest changes are the Variable Dribbling Touches - which make it much more difficult to maintain possession when dribbling at pace, Pure Shot Ball Physics - I've seen some shots from distance on target and even put a few in from 35 yards or so in practice, and just the fact that the build up through the midfield is much more realistic. With the midfield play being improved and Variable Dribble Touches, it will be extremely difficult to make long runs in possession. Instead, patience will be much more important in your build up.

Aside from that, are you getting NHL 14? Eric runs a Connected Career with like 6 or 8 guys including JB and snoop. I'm getting in this year and think it would be great if you were able/willing to join in.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

I've only played, I think, 2 matches with the demo. For me, the biggest changes are the Variable Dribbling Touches - which make it much more difficult to maintain possession when dribbling at pace, Pure Shot Ball Physics - I've seen some shots from distance on target and even put a few in from 35 yards or so in practice, and just the fact that the build up through the midfield is much more realistic. With the midfield play being improved and Variable Dribble Touches, it will be extremely difficult to make long runs in possession. Instead, patience will be much more important in your build up.

Aside from that, are you getting NHL 14? Eric runs a Connected Career with like 6 or 8 guys including JB and snoop. I'm getting in this year and think it would be great if you were able/willing to join in.

Thanks for the offer Matt! I would totally be in BUT I currently don't have the game... yet. Lack of time and funds right now or else I would totally be in for another tgt league. I'm am just swamped at work right now so I think I would be holding you guys back. I however will be watching the standings closely to see how you guys are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Thanks for the offer Matt! I would totally be in BUT I currently don't have the game... yet. Lack of time and funds right now or else I would totally be in for another tgt league. I'm am just swamped at work right now so I think I would be holding you guys back. I however will be watching the standings closely to see how you guys are doing.
    Good deal, buddy. Speak up if something changes.

Traded Madden 13 and Fifa 13 in today on reserving Fifa 14, I think the guy at gamestop felt sorry for me, he used an instore coupon to give me an extra %, went from a whopping $9 credit to $11 .....better than $0 right?

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Traded Madden 13 and Fifa 13 in today on reserving Fifa 14, I think the guy at gamestop felt sorry for me, he used an instore coupon to give me an extra %, went from a whopping $9 credit to $11 .....better than $0 right?
    Gamestop is AWFUL in trade-ins I NEVER go there b/c I always get a better deal just using Amazon.

For those who want roster/uni updates every other year, here is your chance.

Buy FIFA 14 for the 3DS and bend over for the full price.

The FINE folks at GameFly shipped this PS3 bad boy to me today so I should get it Thursday or so and if I desire purchase it used for $45. I doubt I'll buy it but I'll probably play it until Nov and then possibly purchase the PS4 title depending on how solid it looks.

Finally got on board, getting the PS3 Digital Download tonight from Amazon for $34.99. It's downloading now.

Finally got on board, getting the PS3 Digital Download tonight from Amazon for $34.99. It's downloading now.
    The dude abides.