Thread: FIFA 14 (PS3, 360, PC) - Fall 2013

• Facebook
  • Display

FIFA 14 (PS3, 360, PC) - Fall 2013

Nice!

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

It's a pretty solid series and other than the "too easy to score goals" problem I have with the game I should buy this every year but not sure what (if anything) EA could add this year to make it worth it for me to buy it again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    It's a pretty solid series and other than the "too easy to score goals" problem I have with the game I should buy this every year but not sure what (if anything) EA could add this year to make it worth it for me to buy it again this year.
    Try my sliders. Even worse, 's

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

He was blowing it up on my sliders. He needs to play on Legendary with Manual controls.

I have tried that, but I'm in 21st in the npower Championship League with that setup. I have the most talented roster in the league too.

That said, I'm working on a set for Manual controls on World Class.

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today unveiled innovations to the greatest sports game on the planet that will enable fans to experience the emotion of scoring great goals when playing EA SPORTS™ FIFA 14 on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PC.

Innovations to the franchise’s award-winning* gameplay will make FIFA 14 the complete matchday experience, introducing features that inspire fans to build play through midfield, dictate the tempo of a match and create rewarding opportunities. Great matches are achieved through measured build up and incredible finishing. A new feature in FIFA 14 called Pure Shot and a brand-new ball physics system will transform shooting, making every shot attempt feel real, and when players connect with the perfect strike, feel exhilarating.

“FIFA 14 will play the way great matches are contested with build up through midfield, tension throughout the match as chances are created, and incredible finishing,” said David Rutter, Executive Producer for FIFA 14. “Opportunities in FIFA 14 will be rewarding and great goals will look stunning.”

Finishing has been transformed with Pure Shot so players have the intelligence to adjust their stride and approach angle to find the best position for hitting the back of the net. Well-hit balls feel more exhilarating and rewarding. New shot types include pure strikes, as well as off-balance and rushed shots. Plus, Real Ball Physics now determines the trajectories of balls, enabling players to kick the ball with force from distance, drill low rising shots with accuracy, and blast dipping or turbulent shots, just like real players.

Fans will be able to create rewarding build up to opportunities and have the tools to dictate the tempo of a match through four new features. Protect The Ball will enable players to fend-off and block defenders from the ball while dribbling at any speed, or out-muscle opponents for position before receiving the pass, then turn defenders to carve out opportunities. Teammate Intelligence has been improved on both sides of the ball. New decision-making logic delivers tighter, smarter marking and improved run tracking where defenders recognize opportunities to provide support and win back possession, while attacking players have new ways to outsmart their opponents by creating space for themselves, running along the backline and checking their pace. Major changes to ball control add new tools to win the midfield battles. Sprint Dribble Turns enable players to turn in every direction at sprint speed while preserving momentum, delivering the control and confidence to take on defenders one-on-one. Variable Dribble Touches introduces variety on touches when sprinting. Skilled players will have better touch and more control when sprinting with the ball.

In addition to innovations to gameplay, FIFA 14 is introducing a game-changing new way to play Career Mode. The Global Scouting Network brings the world of professional scouting to life. Players now develop and refine a scouting network and search for talent year-round. Scouts can evaluate players all over the world to uncover the attributes and traits of every player in the game, in preparation for the transfer windows. Plus, a new hub delivers easy navigation, fewer interruptions and live scouting reports.

FIFA 14 will deliver engaging online** features and live services that connect fans to the heartbeat of the sport—and to each other—through EA SPORTS Football Club, making FIFA 14 soccer's social network, where fans connect, compete and share with millions of others around the world. The game will also feature:

Changes to the wildly popular FIFA Ultimate Team

A new online Mode that will encourage social competition

Multiple new features and benefits to EA SPORTS Football Club, the live service that is the heartbeat of FIFA

Complete authenticity with more than 500 officially licensed clubs.

FIFA 14 is in development at EA Canada and will be available in stores world-wide this fall. Additional platforms will be revealed in the months ahead. The game has not yet been rated.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    He was blowing it up on my sliders. He needs to play on Legendary with Manual controls.

I have tried that, but I'm in 21st in the npower Championship League with that setup. I have the most talented roster in the league too.

That said, I'm working on a set for Manual controls on World Class.

Yeah I've tried and I was winning games 7-0; 8-1; etc.... I also tried the sliders Steeler suggested from OS but those I'm also winning most games 3-0; 4-1; etc...

Perhaps I am expecting too much from a game since I have played and coached soccer since Kindergarten. IMHO its just too easy to "trick"/manipulate the CPU AI into going exactly where you want them to go opening up the field for easy goal opportunities. If you have a decent understanding of the game and how to make/create space for teammates it just gets easy to create scoring opportunities.

Demba Ba should be on the cover. Not Messi

Holy cow EA not putting FIFA 14 on the WIIU. EA puts FIFA on everything that connects to a power supply. There was even PS2 version of FIFA 13 sold in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Holy cow EA not putting FIFA 14 on the WIIU. EA puts FIFA on everything that connects to a power supply. There was even PS2 version of FIFA 13 sold in Europe.
    Sounds like it won't be on next gen either.

The dude abides.

Sounds like it won't be on next gen either.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...d-screenshots/

An EA spokesperson told ONM that "additional formats will be revealed in the months ahead"

I am betting they are just waiting on MS to get off their ass and show off their console. That said I am betting on handhelds and the next gen versions to be revealed. Maybe the WiiU was also left out because it will have different features due to the gamepad?

Yeah I've tried and I was winning games 7-0; 8-1; etc.... I also tried the sliders Steeler suggested from OS but those I'm also winning most games 3-0; 4-1; etc...

Perhaps I am expecting too much from a game since I have played and coached soccer since Kindergarten. IMHO its just too easy to "trick"/manipulate the CPU AI into going exactly where you want them to go opening up the field for easy goal opportunities. If you have a decent understanding of the game and how to make/create space for teammates it just gets easy to create scoring opportunities.
    Did you switch ALL controller settings and such to Manual? If you're beating the CPU on Legendary with FULL manual controls that easily, you should be winning $ playing the game.

Make sure to check all the settings inside and outside of your career. When I first made the change, I thought the same thing until I realized that my career was still set to World Class.

Did you switch ALL controller settings and such to Manual? If you're beating the CPU on Legendary with FULL manual controls that easily, you should be winning $ playing the game.

Make sure to check all the settings inside and outside of your career. When I first made the change, I thought the same thing until I realized that my career was still set to World Class.

I checked and I am playing Legendary but I don't see the settings for manual/semi/assisted in my career mode. Just won a game 5-0. Maybe its just "my game" of death by possession until the CPU backs break down is what is killing it. I had like 2/3 possession in the game. I've noticed if I try to press the issue I make a ton of mistakes leading to counter attack goals the other way. I dunno I just don't have the desire to play 6-5 soccer matches against the CPU. I've tried a few set of sliders but none of them really seem to make that much a difference.

I checked and I am playing Legendary but I don't see the settings for manual/semi/assisted in my career mode. Just won a game 5-0. Maybe its just "my game" of death by possession until the CPU backs break down is what is killing it. I had like 2/3 possession in the game. I've noticed if I try to press the issue I make a ton of mistakes leading to counter attack goals the other way. I dunno I just don't have the desire to play 6-5 soccer matches against the CPU. I've tried a few set of sliders but none of them really seem to make that much a difference.
    Follow this path, in the main menu:

Customize FIFA > Settings > Controls > Wireless Controller Settings

Once there, set the options like this:

Auto Switching: Air Balls
    Auto Switching Move Assistance: Low
    Passing Power Assistance: Off
    Pass Assistance: Manual
    Through Pass Assistance: Manual
    Shot Assistance: Manual
    Cross Assistance: Manual
    Lob Pass Assistance: Manual
    Save Assistance: Manual
    Analog Sprint: On
    Defending: Tactical Defending

If you're set like that, and getting the results you are, you can't be helped - you are the Lord of All Things FIFA.

Follow this path, in the main menu:

Customize FIFA > Settings > Controls > Wireless Controller Settings

Once there, set the options like this:

Auto Switching: Air Balls
    Auto Switching Move Assistance: Low
    Passing Power Assistance: Off
    Pass Assistance: Manual
    Through Pass Assistance: Manual
    Shot Assistance: Manual
    Cross Assistance: Manual
    Lob Pass Assistance: Manual
    Save Assistance: Manual
    Analog Sprint: On
    Defending: Tactical Defending

If you're set like that, and getting the results you are, you can't be helped - you are the Lord of All Things FIFA.

Well that's probably not the case then b/c I NEVER use any of the dribbling moves. My offense is simply about creating space. Actually its pretty much my high school's offense make runs, create space and make runs into the space that someone just left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmj-...e_gdata_player

The latest blog from EA SPORTS focuses on Teammate Intelligence.

One of the most memorable moments from the 2006 FIFA World Cup occurred when Argentina strung together 24 passes before scoring a fantastic goal against Serbia and Montenegro. The attackers knew exactly where they should be to open up the opposition and they executed flawlessly.

With Teammate Intelligence in FIFA 14, players will have better decision-making and teams will play smarter on both the attack and defense to bring the beauty of the game to life.

Open Up the Pitch

FIFA 14 introduces new run types to make goal-scoring opportunities even more exciting. Players will have the intelligence to break down defenses by creating space for themselves and separation from defenders.

You will notice that attacking players will watch the backline to avoid being caught offside before breaking free for a pass or through ball. Attackers will also now perform checked runs to confuse defenders.

Additionally, the center-forward will back into a defender to hold position and receive the ball, creating space to gain possession. Afterward, he will either release to another player or turn and shoot on goal.

Closing the Gap

In FIFA 14, defenders will be better at tracking runs without over-committing. They will recognize opportunities to support and apply pressure from anywhere on the pitch. Rather than always covering the player closest to them, AI defenders will better position themselves to reduce the chance of someone being left wide-open.

Defensive decision-making will be based on multiple frames enabling defenders to continually analyze the play to search for the most dangerous player. This will improve run tracking and man marking. Smarter, tighter marking will change the way games unfold as more action is driven to the middle of the field, leading to tighter passes and a greater emphasis on strategy.

Also introduced this year is defensive pressure—teammates will recognize good opportunities to win back possession and support with tighter marking and more pressure. Previously, once a team had a lead late into a match, they would begin to slow the pace to run down the clock. Now, Defenders will recognize this and press the attacking players in an attempt to win back possession.

When combined with Protect the Ball, Teammate Intelligence opens up the entire field. Plays will form organically as smarter decisions are made, meaning a more realistic football experience.

For additional gameplay details, check out our previous FIFA 14 features on Pure Shot, Real Physics and Career Mode.

Stay tuned for even more on FIFA 14 in the coming weeks.

•Develop and refine a personalized scouting network as you search for talent around the world — you can evaluate players who may bolster your squad during the transfer windows with a new hub that provides live scouting reports in Career Mode

From FIFA 14... this sounds very interesting. I may need to come up with the pennies again to pick this up in the fall.