Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Gameplay

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Gameplay

Last week was a barrage of news and info related to Gameplay... so what questions did the information bring up for you? We'll do our best to answer them.

Keep this strictly to Gameplay... we can't answer anything related to Presentation, Dynasty, NCAA Ultimate Team, etc.

How's the option and run blocking?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Ditto. I really want to run a dynasty with an option team this year.

I think this refers to gameplay or at the very least affects it. Will there be sliders for fatigue and injuries?

What, if any, changes were made to defense this year?

And did o-line/d-line interaction get an upgrade this year?

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Because I'm a bad passer, I ran a spread option offense similar to Oregon but not fast like Oregon (I huddled). I'd love to keep running that type of offense and better run blocking would be awesome. I don't care if my line fails in blocking. That was never my issue. My issue was always the non-blocking. Running past LBs to block the safety out the play. Pulling guards turning around to block trailing defenders instead of blocking LBs. Guards being matadors and letting DTs come through unblocked. That irked me to no end.

How effective is the pistol run game this year? Also does the fb/te continually miss his block resulting in big losses in the backfield?

Pistol is awesome smashmouth power running this year but i would advise more of a speed back if u are running out of pistol all day

How did you guys feel about the collisions? Did you feel the were overdone? Specifically when using the truck and/or stiff arm.

What did you think about zone coverages? Did you see much improvement?

Did you see that damn DB glitch on option plays where the DB would continue to backpedal until the play was over?

Thanks guys!

• How quickly does the "energy level" fade from players? - does it depend on a player's stamina rating? - if so does a 99 stamina guy ever get gassed or can you just hold down speed burst the entire game with him?
    • Physics - can you still put Kickers in at o-line and he will still block 300lb d-lineman - i.e. does weight matter?
    • Personnel based playcalling - is this on the playcalling screen where you can say I want 5 WR and then it will give you all the 5 WR formations and plays regardless of the formation or is it just a limit on your audibles?
    • How does "acceleration burst" differ from the old "turbo"?
    • Defensive Breakdown - is this a manual control or an automatic thing?
    • Hit Stick - they are acting like they increased the effectiveness of the hit stick this year - How powerful is it? Is it causing allot of fumbles? Is the timing the same or even easier than previous years to pull off?
    • Truck Stick - same as hit stick - does it matter whether the RB is a power or speed back or can speed backs just truck their way through DL and LBs?

• How (if at all) has pass defense been improved - safeties still not getting deep, zones messed up, etc....
    • Are QBs still too accurate?
    • Pass rush - has it been improved any to where elite DEs can really get to the QB in a standard 4 man front no blitz play call?
    • Are there any other gameplay improvements EA has made that they haven't already mentioned or is this it?

1. Can you give any more detail about what spread-option plays were added, and how the defense defended them?
      Was there a midline read out of the spread? Inverted veer?
      Does defense respond with a "scrape exchange" or anything similar to defend it?
    2. Can you give any more detail about the personell-based playcalling?
      Is this for calling plays out of the huddle, no-huddle, or both?
      How is this affected by package subs?
    3. Any chance we can customize our formation audibles? Or are they still pre-set with run, short pass, deep pass, playaction?

Bear in mind that these answers are all based on my trip at the beginning of March so it was all still very much a work in progress. The event wasn't focused solely on Gameplay so my attention was spread out to the various areas. These answers may not necessarily reflect the final product in July.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I assume you mean option blocking or do you mean option in general?

For the option this year, the big change is that you see the "icons" pre-snap to tell you who to read. You only see this by pulling up the Coach Cam (R2 + r-stick up) but even then it's not terribly off-putting. The Read man (typically DE/LB) was indicated by with a white box around him and it said "Read" above it. The Pitch man (could be LB, CB, S depending on situation) is indicated by a white circle around him that said "Pitch".
    Personally, the pitch indicator became something that was huge because even going back to NCAA13, I'll start yelling at my TV "WHY THE **** DIDN'T YOU BLOCK HIM"... now I know that it wasn't an error but rather by design. Granted if it's 3 on 1 (QB, HB, & lead blocker), then I still think the blocker should pick up that one defender but now you'll at least expect that he won't.

In general, the run blocking was considerably better, particularly the lead blocking. For one, you should no longer see a lead FB or pulling OL that stops & turns in the middle of the hole he's leading you through... instead, he'll continue through the hole and find someone to block ahead of you. As well, runs to the outside, the lead blocker should do a better job of finding the biggest threat.

I think this refers to gameplay or at the very least affects it. Will there be sliders for fatigue and injuries?
    To my knowledge there are not sliders for fatigue nor injuries. I don't believe there are any slider changes other than the usual tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    What, if any, changes were made to defense this year?

And did o-line/d-line interaction get an upgrade this year?
    Defense is "better"... by that I mean the cleaned up some of the really ugly bugs that were in NCAA13 (DB Glitch, Option Defenders, etc.) though there aren't a lot of changes to the overall gameplay mechanics of the defense. The one major mechanic was the "breakdown" that was added... I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. Theoretically it should be a big benefit but I'm not sure that it improves your chance to tackle when broken down or not like it should. As well, the breakdown is automatic if memory serves correctly... it's not like pressing strafe makes you breakdown.

No... the o-line/d-line interaction is essentially the same as was in NCAA13.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    How effective is the pistol run game this year? Also does the fb/te continually miss his block resulting in big losses in the backfield?
    To be honest, I don't remember if I ran very much pistol or not. In NCAA13 I have a nice mix of it in my playbook and don't have too much trouble with it though I know it's not good enough to really use it as an every-down offense.

As mentioned, the run blocking in general should be considerably better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    How did you guys feel about the collisions? Did you feel the were overdone? Specifically when using the truck and/or stiff arm.

What did you think about zone coverages? Did you see much improvement?

Did you see that damn DB glitch on option plays where the DB would continue to backpedal until the play was over?

Thanks guys!
    I didn't think the collisions were all that over the top. I personally didn't play Madden 13 very much so I can't really compare the two but comparing the little bit I did play, it certainly appeared cleaned up. As for the truck & stiff arm, I honestly didn't notice a great deal of difference in the trucking however with the stiff arm, it seemed much more of a viable option. In the past, it seemed like stiff arm was only for when there's a guy directly beside you but now it seems as more you can use it in most cases and the ball carrier will try to find the best target to try to use it. As well, there are considerably more variations of the stiff arm animation.

Zone coverages seemed quite a bit better... I know on NCAA13 I try to avoid calling it whenever possible mostly because the hook zones drop too deep, often for no reason. That said, I found a lot of success (possibly too much?) calling Dime 326 Cover 3. I don't think it will be the "one coverage to rule them all" but it certainly was a sign that zone coverage in general was improved.

Related, one of the major gripes that we passed along was that buzz zones (pink zones) were being pulled down to the flats when they shouldn't be... they were still doing that with NCAA14 but one of the gameplay devs had an idea on how to fix that and seemed confident it should be working properly by release.

I never saw the damn DB glitch on option plays in NCAA14.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    1. How quickly does the "energy level" fade from players? - does it depend on a player's stamina rating? - if so does a 99 stamina guy ever get gassed or can you just hold down speed burst the entire game with him?
    2. Physics - can you still put Kickers in at o-line and he will still block 300lb d-lineman - i.e. does weight matter?
    3. Personnel based playcalling - is this on the playcalling screen where you can say I want 5 WR and then it will give you all the 5 WR formations and plays regardless of the formation or is it just a limit on your audibles?
    4. How does "acceleration burst" differ from the old "turbo"?
    5. Defensive Breakdown - is this a manual control or an automatic thing?
    6. Hit Stick - they are acting like they increased the effectiveness of the hit stick this year - How powerful is it? Is it causing allot of fumbles? Is the timing the same or even easier than previous years to pull off?
    7. Truck Stick - same as hit stick - does it matter whether the RB is a power or speed back or can speed backs just truck their way through DL and LBs?
    1. I can't speak to specifics because I don't know all the ins & outs but it is definitely a noticeable difference... if your HB has a long run (let's say 40 yards), you probably won't see him in on the next play. Same goes for a WR running streak routes. I can't say for certain but I would expect that the stamina rating plays a big part but at the same time, I can't imagine that a 99STA guy would stay in the whole game.
    2. I didn't test your specific example but my best guess is that a kicker would still at least engage with the DL most times due to the way they have OL/DL interactions. That said, they've said in the past and others have tested and shown examples that weight does matter to some degree...
    3. It's in the playcalling screen... just like today where you can backout and see plays by type (run inside, run outside, shotgun pass, etc.), you can do the same and see plays by personnel. I didn't use this much but I know it's there. Where I think it will come in the most handy will be in practice mode so that you can theoretically call "11 personnel random" and then call an appropriate defensive formation and choose random plays.
    4. I'm not 100% positive but this is my understanding of it... on NCAA13, if you didn't press speed burst, you'd top out at say 90% but then when you hit speed burst, you'd get to 100%. On NCAA14, if you don't press speed burst, you'll still eventually get to 100% speed it's more gradual and is automatic; however, if you press R2 to accelerate, you're manually telling the player to get to 100% now and you'll notice a quick first step to get there. Obviously you can't go from 0% to 100% that way but if you're running through the OL and line up your hole, you can press that to hit the hole hard.
    5. I believe it's mostly an automatic thing but I honestly didn't get a full understanding of it while I was down there.
    6. Truth be told, I didn't notice a great deal of difference with the hit stick. Now, that said, with the infinity engine, you'll notice new animations and specific body parts reacting (it's awesome to see a runningback's head jar backwards) but the actual mechanic seemed pretty much the same to me.
    7. No, I'm fairly certain that it will be ratings driven... just like on NCAA13, if you have high TRK, you'll be able to push defenders backwards and pickup an extra yard or two falling forward. However, I think there are new animations that you'll see that will give you more chance to truck through a tackle instead of being wrapped up most times.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    1. How (if at all) has pass defense been improved - safeties still not getting deep, zones messed up, etc....
    2. Are QBs still too accurate?
    3. Pass rush - has it been improved any to where elite DEs can really get to the QB in a standard 4 man front no blitz play call?
    4. Are there any other gameplay improvements EA has made that they haven't already mentioned or is this it?
    1. There was still work to be done with the coverage but for the most part, it was better. I didn't see very much of the "DB glitches" that NCAA13 has. That said, it was often too good... on NCAA13, going with Cover1/Cover0, DBs are toasted 99.9999% of the time on out-routes, curls, etc. However, on NCAA14, they were sticking to them too tight 99.9999% of the time. As I made sure to tell the devs, it shouldn't be an "every time" thing... there should be a lot of variety and obviously be ratings driven. Overall I expect it to be better than NCAA13 but at the same time, not necessarily to the level that it needs to be at.
    2. For the most part, QBs seemed to be about the same as NCAA13... on the "too accurate" side with very few balls hitting the dirt. That said, at the end of the week we had a discussion about various tweaks, changes, etc. that could/should be made to improve upon this.
    3. I don't think you'll see a great deal of difference from NCAA13. I'm sure it will be tuned & tweaked to a degree but not to the point that it needs to be... to get there, they'll essentially have to completely redo OL/DL interactions IMO.
    4. I'm sure there are some (mostly minor I imagine) that haven't been touched on but truth be told, between a busy week last week and all of that information all coming out at the same time, I'm not certain what has & hasn't been touched on.

Quote Originally Posted by PDuncanOSU View Post
    1. Can you give any more detail about what spread-option plays were added, and how the defense defended them?
      Was there a midline read out of the spread? Inverted veer?
      Does defense respond with a "scrape exchange" or anything similar to defend it?
    2. Can you give any more detail about the personell-based playcalling?
      Is this for calling plays out of the huddle, no-huddle, or both?
      How is this affected by package subs?
    3. Any chance we can customize our formation audibles? Or are they still pre-set with run, short pass, deep pass, playaction?
    1. As I think one of the news pieces last week eluded to, they added so many different spread option plays that they added a new generic playbook just to contain it all. Quite a few new formations (Shotgun Split Big is the first one to jump to memory - 22 personnel), new plays, more automotion options, etc.
      • I want to say I'm 99% sure that there was a midline read but can't remember for certain. There definitely is an inverted veer though; I remember because that's been the "when are they going to add" play for the past few years. There's also a triple option shovel (ala Florida under Meyer) to where you can pitch forwards (shovel) or backwards (as we have in the game today). The two pitches are executed with the L1 & R1 buttons.
      • Unfortunately option defense is largely the same to my knowledge... there isn't that chessmatch that needs to happen like it should.

2. As mentioned, personnel-based playcalling is done similar to how you can call play type (back out a menu, then pick By Personnel). From there, it gives you the various personnel sets, though I didn't really use it.
      • Both. When in huddle, you can back out a menu but when you run no huddle, it will only give you plays that match the same personnel as what you started with. The biggest benefit from this will be that the CPU is restricted to this as well... you won't see them call 5WR and then no huddle to goalline the next play.
      • It is affected by package subs poorly IMO... let's say you call a play from Shotgun Normal Y-Slot (11 personnel) but then package sub to 4WR. If you go no huddle from there, it will still only give you 11 personnel sets so you can still end up with a speedy WR lined up as a typical TE which is what I think they were wanting to avoid. There are countless other examples but that's the easiest one to explain. I made sure to complain (I think I was the only one there really complaining about it) and they understood my complaint but it certainly won't be changing this year. They indicated they expect to expand more on it in the future but no idea how soon that would be.

3. Nope... to my knowledge there are no changes to custom playbooks, formation audibles, custom packages, etc.

Not asked but I still want to comment on...

The computer running the Option (Flexbone, Shotgun Spread, etc.) should be better. Not only will they be better at playcalling but also at execution. Not that they said it but I think they saw the laughs/complaints from the E3 Triple Option video they put out last year showing how poorly the CPU ran the option and they've done a good job of correcting that. At the event, there was still some work to do with not only playcall scripts but also execution but in talking with the devs, it sounded like they were already working on it.
    Watching a Navy vs Navy CPU game, I noticed that they both called quite a bit of triple option (as they should) and executed it well for the most part, however the lacking part was that once they got to the corner, if there was no pressure, the QB wouldn't commit to either tucking & running or pitching; instead he'd keep the pitch relationship. I talked to a dev about it and I got the impression that that should be fixed by release.

4-2-5/3-3-5 Defensive Alignment seemed to be largely fixed. There was still some quirks running it with Cover 0 but I made sure to point those out.

One of the major complaints that several of us made sure to harp on was that CPU playcalling was still extremely poor, especially in late-game situations (ex. calling HB Draw in must-score situations, etc.) That said, sometime after we came back home, we did have communication that indicated that they had found a bug that was causing that to occur and hopefully should be considerably better for release. Obviously I can't say how much better it will be by then but I'm fairly confident that we should see marked improvement in (at the very least) late-game situations.

Continue to ask more questions... seeing as it's been a month since we've had time with the game, it's always much easier to answer questions (helps jog our memory) then it is to just say "here's everything I know".
    Last edited by gschwendt; 04-09-2013 at 01:29 PM.

-What different types of options have been added? (Inverted Veer, Mid-line reads, etc...)

-Is the blocker logic/decision making and execution improved significantly?

-Has WR blocking been improved/overhauled? Especially on WR/bubble screens but also on run plays.

-Can you tell us about any defensive improvements that will help counter the improved blocking? (Do defenders play with leverage? Realistic Run-fits? Etc...)

-Are interactions still static? (Do blockers and defenders come to a halt and chicken fight in place still or do these interactions have momentum?)

-With the foot planting: Are small agile players affected the same way larger players are or does agility and acceleration factor in? Do defenders suffer the same consequences of changing direction as offensive players? Do defenders still reverse course at the exact instant the ball carrier does? Is the right stick worth using to juke or is it still the unnecessary self-imposed penalty it has been in recent years?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    1. -What different types of options have been added? (Inverted Veer, Mid-line reads, etc...)
    2. -Is the blocker logic/decision making and execution improved significantly?
    3. -Has WR blocking been improved/overhauled? Especially on WR/bubble screens but also on run plays.
    4. -Can you tell us about any defensive improvements that will help counter the improved blocking? (Do defenders play with leverage? Realistic Run-fits? Etc...)
    5. -Are interactions still static? (Do blockers and defenders come to a halt and chicken fight in place still or do these interactions have momentum?)
    6. -With the foot planting:
      • Are small agile players affected the same way larger players are or does agility and acceleration factor in?
      • Do defenders suffer the same consequences of changing direction as offensive players?
      • Do defenders still reverse course at the exact instant the ball carrier does?
      • Is the right stick worth using to juke or is it still the unnecessary self-imposed penalty it has been in recent years?
    1. Honestly, too many to really recall... Inverted Veer, Mid-line (99% I want to say yes), Triple Option Shovel (described when answering PDuncanOSU in my last post), and really there are quite a few more variations of what we've had before but my mind is drawing a blank to describe all of them. The new generic Spread Option playbook is (I believe) 100% new plays, new formations, etc. Really, there was so much in there that it was hard to get to it all. Assuming we get the game early, I'll make sure to record a video stepping through that playbook.
    2. Yes, I'd certainly say significantly. It's not the full OL/DL overhaul that we want/need but in terms of just logic of who to block, etc. it is certainly noticeable.
    3. I'm fairly certain that they said to expect it to be much better on bubble screens, etc. but honestly I didn't test it to be sure. As well, run blocking should be better but to what degree I'm not sure.
    4. Honestly, there's not a lot of improvements like you're describing... they don't play specifically with leverage, utilize run fits, etc. My understanding is that it's largely similar run defense that we saw in NCAA13.
    5. Blocking interactions are still pretty much static.
    6. Honestly I don't have a good answer for this one... here's my response to each question
      • I'm not certain but I would assume it's all ratings driven... size probably doesn't play very much.
      • I would assume yes but honestly didn't pay very much attention to that... sorry.
      • I would assume it's the same as it was in NCAA13 but I can't say for certain... they certainly didn't say it was changed in NCAA14.
      • I'd say with the foot-planting that it will be better but how much better I can't really say...

More comments... I also forgot to mention, defensive playbooks did receive some love as well. Some of the biggest changes I saw were to the 3-4 playbook that saw more 3-man rushes such as a Cover 3 Man Under (MLB drops deep as a sort of Tampa 2), Cover 3 Sink (MLB drops deep), etc. I know there were more changes but I don't remember all of them.

Defensive Alignment/Assignment Questions:

Have they fixed defensive alignment? In a 2-high shell are the safeties always aligning 1-2 yards outside of each hash.

Have they fixed the bug where on the PS3 the left corner will never bump the reciever? I know you can't test that while in Orlando.

Can a defender in man coverage actually cover an out breaking route regularly?

Does the defense attempt to contain the ball carrier when playing Cover 1 or 3 and conversely in Cover 2 or 4 does the defense attempt to spill the ball outside?

Do cornerbacks playing Cover 2 (man or zone) still shoot inside the WR block without any regard to attempting to contain the play and not allow the ball carrier outside of them.

Do safeties in 2-high shells fill the alley (area between the EMOLS and the corner) once diagnosing run?

Do safeties in 1-high shells attack the ball carrier or do they continue to sink back into coverage?

Do coverage defenders play with leverage? Do Cover 1 or 3 corners attempt to funnel recievers to the FS - Will a Cover 1 corner play low and to the outside of a receiver once the reciever is inside the divider (on yard inside the numbers), does the coverage defender play high and inside with the reciever outside the divider?

Does a Cover 2 Zone corner midpoint the zone between the #2 (corner route) and #1 (hitch) or do they stick on the hitch leaving the corner route wide open?

Does a Cover 2 safety actually play the corner route?

Do offensive linemen in the zone running game get movement from the defensive front either vertically (inside zone) or horizontally (outside zone)?

If so, do defensive linemen attempt to maintain gap control and if so are they able to get hooked while still pushing the linemen horizontally on outside zone running plays?

Do linebackers attempt to maintain gap control until the ball crosses their face, think of the backside middle linebacker in a 3-4 defense over running the play with the offense running inside zone leaving the backside A-gap wide open.

Do linebackers pursue differently depending on the type of run - for example on quick outside running plays (Toss, Speed Option, etc) do they turn and run, on inside running plays do they keep their shoulders square and shuffle?

Are their partial wins in the blocking game? Can a defender be blocked but still be able to push the blocker into the ball carrier or is it still the instant win/loss?

Defensive scheme questions:

Are there more disguise coverages in the game, for example Cover 2 disguise in the 3-4 Nickle formation?

Is there any pre-snap movement by the defense in non blitzing plays in an attempt to disguise coverage?

Can you vary the depth of corners without manually moving them or while also moving the safeties? For example, I want to be able to play bump (tight), 2-4 yards off (normal) or man off (7 yards off) out of any coverage without moving the safeties.

Offensive Questions:

Do wide recievers run smart routes, take the corner route, if the defense is in Cover 3 does the reciever square off his route more giving the quarterback a throw without throwing into the corner (without using precision passing as that doesn't help the CPU)?

Do recievers running post routes actually run to the nearside goalpost instead of running their post route all the way across the field usually ending up on the backside hash?

Do pulling linemen kick out defenders if a defender is attempting to contain the play, if there is no defender to kick out will the pulling linemen pull through the hole and look to seal defenders to the inside? If no defenders to seal do they continue up the field?

Is there better logic on screen plays? Is there dynamic blocking on WR screens, namely quick screens and bubble screens depending on defender alignment to get the most favorable blocking angles? On bubble screens does the WR blocking the outside corner attach the outter half of the defender looking to seal him inside, heck do they even just block the defender?

That's probably enough for now, I've got more however.

Did you notice the new option plays in several different formations or was it limited to 1 or 2? For instance, am I going to be limited to running Inverted Veer from 1 or 2 formations?

4.I'm not 100% positive but this is my understanding of it... on NCAA13, if you didn't press speed burst, you'd top out at say 90% but then when you hit speed burst, you'd get to 100%. On NCAA14, if you don't press speed burst, you'll still eventually get to 100% speed it's more gradual and is automatic; however, if you press R2 to accelerate, you're manually telling the player to get to 100% now and you'll notice a quick first step to get there. Obviously you can't go from 0% to 100% that way but if you're running through the OL and line up your hole, you can press that to hit the hole hard.
    is that available in online head to head or is that still set to auto ?

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Happy to do it guys... I know I'd be wanting to ask a million questions myself.

Thanks for doing this gschwendt. I know you take the time to answer our questions every year, but I just want to say that is one of many reasons that makes this such a great place to visit.

My questions:

1. Any new ratings in the game (QB attributes from Madden, OL blocking strength and footwork make a return)?

2. Any changes to Special Teams (new formations, long FG kicking logic improved on Heisman, blocked kicks a possibility)?

3. Does the CPU defensive zone adjustments switch off from balanced still like in NCAA 10, 11, 12, and 13(at any point during a game usually quite early the CPU will switch their zones mostly to aggressive but sometimes conservative and then leave it like that for the rest of the game, aka the DB glitch)?

4. Penalties? Tell me you finally saw some pass interference penalties being called on both offense and defense?

5. Did EA Tiburon give us any more options to toggle on/off (game plan adjustments for both offense and defense) or add any new difficulty levels(scouting)? scratch that part on scouting since it probably falls under Dynasty.

6. Foot planting aka player movement tweaks. How does using the left stick only feel when controlling the player? Ice skating all over the field is what player movement in NCAA 12 and 13 felt like to me especially when I wasn't using jukes or spins.

7. The speed of the game increased again? It sure seems each new version just amps up the on field speed a notch from normal to fast. I recently played NCAA 11 then 12 then 13 all on normal speed and anyone can tell the default speed of the game increased each new version.

8. Pass Rush? How much time in the pocket we have gotten in last couple NCAA's and Madden's is beyond ridiculous. The norm in football at a high level is 3 to 4 seconds where as in EA Tiburon's world it is 6 to 8 seconds. Has this changed at all for NCAA 14?

9. More pass rush questions this one deals with finesse moves for 85+ FMV ends. In NCAA 12 and 13 only power moves mattered has this been remedied. Finesse moves were used often in NCAA 11 so why they became practically extinct the last 2 years is mindboggling. Do we finally see the return of finesse moves by my CPU teammates in NCAA 14?

10. Does the QB still drift to the right on pass plays resulting in the LE getting the vast majority of sacks during gameplay?

11. Please tell me the OL/DL interactions at least take into account ratings differences in NCAA14? In NCAA12 and 13 the LT was dominant no matter if he was a 70 rated pass blocker or a 95 rated all-American resulting in the 95 rated RE playing patty cake baker's man all day with the LT.

12. Any changes to throw a WR open? My problem with NCAA 13 and Madden 13 was that any WR could instantly change his route because the QB simply pushed a certain direction on the stick while passing. Way to overpowered for my liking in last year's games.

13. Any insight on the RT turbo button? How does it impact fatigue on a single play if used more than once? How quickly does it help to go from zero to top speed(i.e. is it 2x or 3x as fast compared to not using turbo to get to top speed)?

14. Injuries related to fatigue? More injuries for my team or is it still my QB, HB and WR?

15. Mario running? Finally gone?

16. Last question honest, lol. Anything overpowered in the early version of the game you played. I know that doesn't mean it will be come demo time or for the actual release. Really only concerned about the run game. Pro style running using 2 TE's and FB's? HB Counters too easy like NCAA 11? Running between the tackles? Option both under center triple option and Shotgun read/speed option? Just curious if you felt anything was too easy since from your videos I can tell we play very similar.

Thanks again we all appreciate it.