Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 - General Thoughts & Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Really love the game. I have had three crashes during loading screens now. 1 on a daily event, 1 doing the featured event, 1 in an online match

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Really love the game. I have had three crashes during loading screens now. 1 on a daily event, 1 doing the featured event, 1 in an online match
    Weird. Haven't had a crash. #KnockOnWood

This is the first year I've had the move and ps3 camera so I'm making a gameface. In the past I always tried the digital camera picture uploaded to EA then went from there. It seemed to take close to an hour to do it that way.

I just finished taking my front/side pictures w/ the move/camera and adjusted the markers. It's only been min or so and it's up to 20%. Should be neat to see how it turns out!

Will be cool to see the difference in my golfer, been on the bike a lot, running and walking, eating better. This time last year I was 218 lbs for the gameface picture, this year down to 185 lbs.

I also purchased the SKLZ sim stix to go along w/ the PS-move controller, anxious to try it out, tried last night but the move controller was dead, had to charge it, then fell asleep...

Second take on the gameface, first go around I didn't have the proper lighting or something, the face looked right but I looked like a bad burn victim, looked like someone took a blowtorch to my face.

This time it came out and my face was green.

Took 2 digital photos, uploaded them to the easports site, trying that route....
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 03-29-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Current thoughts:

I do like this year's game. Seems to be more challenging, yet a bit forgiving as well.

Some things I do not like:

The putting view after you putt is just horrible. I have had situations where, depending on the distance, the roll of the ball to the pin is blocked by the player. I also don't like the zoom out to the different view. If anyhthing, I wish it was just a zoom out to a overhead view or at least give a couple of different options.

I still have info screens that come up during game play that block my golfer's view. I have to go into the game menu and then back out to remove the the block.

I like what I see so far.

Quote Originally Posted by natcret View Post
    Current thoughts:

I do like this year's game. Seems to be more challenging, yet a bit forgiving as well.

Some things I do not like:

The putting view after you putt is just horrible. I have had situations where, depending on the distance, the roll of the ball to the pin is blocked by the player. I also don't like the zoom out to the different view. If anyhthing, I wish it was just a zoom out to a overhead view or at least give a couple of different options.

I still have info screens that come up during game play that block my golfer's view. I have to go into the game menu and then back out to remove the the block.

I like what I see so far.
    A follow camera is coming with the patch

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    A follow camera is coming with the patch
    Cool.

There is an in-game promotion where if you watch a sponsored video, you get a free pin pack. I noticed it this evening, but do not know how long it was there or will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    There is an in-game promotion where if you watch a sponsored video, you get a free pin pack. I noticed it this evening, but do not know how long it was there or will be there.
    Still there as of 7:30 mt

Anyone here Legend every event? I think I'm 20 or so away, but won't get them all. Some are just too tough for my skill level.

Anyone here Legend every event? I think I'm 20 or so away, but won't get them all. Some are just too tough for my skill level.
    I have most of them on legend but there are just too many hole in ones/hole out from 200+ yards away that I don't think I'll bother going for the plat for quite a while.

Not yet, not sure if I will pursue them. If there is no Tiger 15 who knows, I may try for it . Just popped the silver for leading all majors in quick tournaments.

Probably in here talking to myself . Was over at the ea forum (down to checking it about once a month now) and lo and behold the near 70 page bug thread has been removed......about the same time one of the developers posts two threads (great posts in these btw) linking to great reviews of the game...........what a business model ea has.............

Here are the threads, probably get deleted like the complaints/issues/bugs thread.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9871640.page
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9887910.page
    Last edited by SCClassof93; 01-05-2014 at 01:28 PM.

They are FINISHED with the game which is why I mailed it back a LONG time ago. I won't be buying the PS4 version either. It might make my GameFly Queue depending on what else is out and then after a month or so we shall see.

Owen needs to play more non-sports games having Madden, NCAA and Tiger in his top 8. Heck he he needs to play other sports games based on that list.

EA Sports is bringing us a Golf Game This year. Free to Play Pay!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/king...se/id804147058

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    EA Sports is bringing us a Golf Game This year. Free to Play Pay!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/king...se/id804147058
    or.............not

Question:

Is there a way to search the country clubs by type? I'm wanting to join a Simulation style. I've kinda wanted to start something new....

Here's my idea. I'd like to start an LPGA club, make a female golfer, put the game on simulation style only and build up a new golfer. Play from the tees 1 up from the tips (I've read the LPGA plays 1 tee up from the tips at most courses.)

I have no idea if there would even be an interest in this, maybe I should just play offline. Who knows...

When I go online to the lobby or search the games being played it's rare to find an online game that doesn't have the full spin stuff turned ON, putt preview, etc...they will birdie every hole and eagle every par 5, shooting in the 50s if not in the 40s for 18 holes. I guess that's neat for some, I play golf in real life and enjoy the challenge. When I play NCAA football I don't enjoy scoring 120 points a game...same idea applies here to golf, it's supposed to be challenging no?

The problem I find online is if I create a room online that has those simulation settings people will join, probably not knowing or reading the settings and we play 1 or 2 holes and after they bogey or worse the quit. Must be hard to not eagle and birdie every hole on the game.

I did get into a great online game last night, it was alternate shot, not on simulation the level just below that, we could still zoom into the green to see where the ball was going, no putt preview and no green grid, it was really fun. Totally random people from the lobby, the guy I was paired up with we won 1-up and it went the distance to 18. It was a blast, wish they had more rooms/matches created like that AND people would play the entire time. I've played other times where one team will get 2 down and quit, we were 3 down last night and crawled our way back to all square then went 2 up finally winning 1-up.

Ok, this is interesting, I started a new career, made Holly Sonders from Morning Drive as my golfer. I started on the LPGA tour and played the first event the US Amateur.

I have it on simulation which makes it quite difficult. The good thing is the pins were in "easy" location. I made it to -4 going into the 18th hole. I had 1 bogey, birdied all the par 5s, parred all the other holes. On 18 I hit driver into the rough, it's tough to see where it's going to land from the tee box. Then I punched out to 100 yards, wasn't sure of the headwind so I added 1 club going into the green it came in hot and bounced hard once, then into the drink. Knocked it up and 2 putted for a double-bogey 7 to drop me back down to -2 which was a tie for 1st. Went to a 3 hole playoff.

Birdied 18 the 2nd time around, parred 17 to win the playoff.

With the 1 win of the first simulation event my new golfer Holly Sonders jumped from a level 0 to level 7. It gave me boo-koo experience points, something like 6.00x

Edit: I know this game is dead and EA won't do anything to fix edit it, but one thing that would be really cool would be to have a yardage book. On simulation difficulty you can still press the select button (PS3) and it will show you the overhead view of the entire hole, but it doesn't have yardages to anything, (lay-ups, bunkers, dog legs, etc..) in real life they have yardage books. So far that's my only complaint about playing on simulation, unless you have the course memorized there are some shots that it's like shooting in the dark.

I play my home course fairly often, I have a nice Garmin Approach G3, but the course also offers yardage books which break each hole down and give you vital yardages to the above mentioned. Would be cool if you could have a caddie-like feature on this game so you could flip through the yardage book. I don't mind doing the math on the fly, would be nice to know the numbers though. It would be very helpful to know front/middle,back of the greens, a pin sheet so you know when to attack and when to play smart.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 05-24-2014 at 05:07 PM.