Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Defiance (PS3, 360, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Trion Worlds shuts down San Diego office

Almost immediately after an announcement that Scott Hartsman was rejoining the company as its new CEO, news has surfaced that Trion Worlds is closing its San Diego office.

A Trion Worlds representative was able to confirm the news for Gamasutra. The news comes on the heels of reports from several months ago that company-wide layoffs had all but eradicated the team dedicated to Defiance. Here is the full statement:

"We can confirm that the San Diego studio will be closing. The day to day operations of Defiance will be moved to our Redwood City studio where it can be managed alongside Rift and our other in development titles including ArcheAge and End of Nations. As part of this transition, we are working hard to ensure that a number of great people will be making the move from San Diego to the Bay Area and continue their work at Trion."

It is unclear at this time how many workers will be affected by the studio's closure. Gamasutra has followed up with Trion for clarification but has not yet received a reply.

Goddamn these fucking server disconnects! I go racing across the entirety of Marin at top speed to get to a Scrapper Major Arkfall, go through the hassle of destroying 5 different crystals, get to the final section with the "boss", and while running to refill ammo before starting the final fight, the fucking thing freezes and I get a disconnected from the server error.

It's really starting to piss me off. It only happens during goddamn Arkfalls, and it completely ruins everything I spent the last 5-10 minutes working on, only to end up with nothing to show for it. After this latest occurrence just moments ago, I've said fuck it. I just shut off the 360 and am gonna watch some TV, maybe try and get caught up on my DVR, which is currently 84% full.

You have put in some crazy hours on the game already, I enjoyed the hell out of it, but BL2 has spoiled the hell out of me as far as gun diversity.

If Defiance would add some diverse guns then I would be all in, but I understand that's not their MO. I need to get back into it though, the arkfalls are almost always kinda laggy so disconnects are always a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    You have put in some crazy hours on the game already, I enjoyed the hell out of it, but BL2 has spoiled the hell out of me as far as gun diversity.

If Defiance would add some diverse guns then I would be all in, but I understand that's not their MO. I need to get back into it though, the arkfalls are almost always kinda laggy so disconnects are always a possibility.
    Yeah, I was playing the hell out of it last week. I haven't been on it since Saturday night, hell, I haven't even had my 360 on at all since Saturday night, but maybe later today or tomorrow, during some of the down time before Thursday, I may jump online for a bit, keep my mind occupied and distracted.

I agree on the gun diversity. I generally stick to the same guns just because they work so well for my personal tastes and combat style, and because they work better than any of the other guns I ever pick up in my inventory. If there were more weapons and better weapons in the game, and every weapon actually had a true advantage and a true disadvantage over other guns, I'd be more willing to regularly change up my weapons and used different layouts. But for now, I just stick with the status quo and use what works best for me.

New "Gunslinger Trials" DLC available today:

Been forever since I put this in. Need to fire it up again soon.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Been forever since I put this in. Need to fire it up again soon.
    Same here. I was doing really good with my character, he was getting up there in level and I had some really good weapons. I really need to fire this back up sometime. It'll help with the show coming back for its second season in June. That'll really get me in the mood to dive back into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Same here. I was doing really good with my character, he was getting up there in level and I had some really good weapons. I really need to fire this back up sometime. It'll help with the show coming back for its second season in June. That'll really get me in the mood to dive back into the game.
    I need to finish the show too. I think I have 5 or 6 episodes I didn't get to.
    The dude abides.

I need to finish the show too. I think I have 5 or 6 episodes I didn't get to.
    Damn. And you were the one to get me turned onto the show and game.

It was a good season, I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing where they go in season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Damn. And you were the one to get me turned onto the show and game.

It was a good season, I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing where they go in season 2.
    The DVR was getting backed up so I deleted them thinking Amazon Prime was supposed to add them in January (they haven't yet). So I might just have to figure out another way to watch

As for the game. It was a great time waster. Looting and weapon finding.
    The dude abides.

The DVR was getting backed up so I deleted them thinking Amazon Prime was supposed to add them in January (they haven't yet). So I might just have to figure out another way to watch

As for the game. It was a great time waster. Looting and weapon finding.
    Yeah, that game is a great time waster. I remember when I was last playing it, I was literally doing nothing but racing back and forth across the map in my Charger going from Major Arkfall to Major Arkfall. I think I spent a solid week straight not even doing story missions or side missions, I just was doing Arkfall after Arkfall. Definitely a great game if you want to just waste some time and have maybe only an hour or two to spend.