Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)

• Facebook
  • Display

Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)

Can't wait!

We knew Polyphony has been working on Gran Turismo 6 since 2011 at least, meaning we had our hearts set on playing it shortly after the launch of the PS5. Turns out we may get the game a little earlier, as in this year on the PS3.

This is according to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Senior Vice President Michael Denny, speaking with Silicon Republic (audio here): "Look at the games coming out on PlayStation 3 this year, like The Last of Us, like Beyond, GT6...."

Sony confirms that GT6 is in development and has been since 2010, but offers no additional comment about a release this year.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/28/gr...ony-exec-says/

woot gt6 on ps3 nice! no need ft a ps4 then.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    $1M in-game credit from Amazon is nice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The dude abides.

GT6 2013 Academy Demo is up.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...00000000000000

Track is Silverstone
    GT Academy style demo
    Unlock special content once you prove your skills
    Cars include the Nisan Leaf, 370Z and GT-R

Awesome.

The Nissan Leaf , really GT I want race cars not grocery runner.

GT6 will have a large day-one patch

When Gran Turismo 6 launches on December 6, it will come with a sizable patch. The day-one patch will primarily address a few issues with the game's online features, Polyphony Digital boss Kazunori Yamauchi told Eurogamer, adding that the developer is "still overflowing with stuff we'd like to do. So I think the day one patch will be a fairly large patch."

Yamauchi noted the patch isn't out of the ordinary for the developer, as Gran Turismo 5 was updated shortly after the game's launch. "It's the same every time. Everything's very tight. It's an incredibly tight schedule," Yamauchi said. "As to being able to include everything we want to on day one, we probably won't be able to. I think for the 12 months following the release we'll continue to update the software. Because in Gran Turismo 6 we're preparing a lot of different things we haven't even touched on yet."

That patch may include audio improvements

Gran Turismo 6 players may not notice any improvements in the game’s engine notes come its release on December 6, although series kingpin Kazunori Yamauchi admits they may provide an audio overhaul to GT6 owners via a patch later on.

“I think I mentioned this in the past, but we're really working to change the fundamental way that the engine sound works,” Yamauchi said in a press event at Polyphony Digital’s Tokyo office, reports Eurogamer. “Right now I have a feeling that it might not make it for day one for GT6.”

IMHO this was a huge mistake by Sony not making this a PS4 launch title. Yes there are more units to sell games on the PS3 for but GT6 would have likely sold more systems.

I'm not too worried about it. The PS3 is still going to get a lot of action the next year or two.
    The dude abides.

Just announced, drive the lunar rover on the Moon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Just announced, drive the lunar rover on the Moon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4
    Really Sony

Shit, I think it's kinda cool.

The dude abides.

Over 120 new cars have been added to GT6 – taking the already comprehensive total car tally to an unprecedented 1200+ vehicles.
    In addition, the number of track layouts has swelled to 100 and features returning classic tracks and brand new locations and circuits such as Ascari, Spain and the world famous Silverstone, Goodwood and Mount Panorama tracks to name just a few.

The carefully considered and curated car and track list is supported by a completely overhauled physics engine making gameplay even more dynamic and realistic, a new interface, and enhanced online functionality to allow you to tailor your multiplayer gaming sessions as you wish.

The technical innovation in the game also extends to hugely ground-breaking technology that will see in future updates a new game feature known as ‘GPS Logger’. The GPS Logger will employ the GPS function of your phone or tablet and Gran Turismo’s in-game Course Maker to recreate your everyday school run or work commute as a circuit – the trip to college or work will never be the same!

Courtesy: PlayStation Blog

Following some heat on Forza for microtransactions, Sony has stated that while they are also available in GT6, they are not necessary to advance.

Gran Turismo 6 will include microtransactions with in-game credits that players can acquire using real money, but Sony said the transactions are "not required" for players to advance in the game. In a statement to CVG, a Sony spokesperson said the publisher will "not penalize players for not making transactions (they still have access to everything) and it is completely optional." The microtransactions are so optional that players won't be prompted to buy-in during the game "at all."

"As with previous installments of Gran Turismo, users are able to earn in-game credits and unlock additional cars by competing in races or event challenges," the spokesperson said. Players will be able to purchase credits in increments of $500,000 on PSN to speed up the process of unlocking content. Sony also provided the opening cinematic for the Gran Turismo 6, which players can see firsthand when the game launches tomorrow on PS3.

Courtesy: Joystiq

Here is the opening cinematic:

Last edited by cdj; 12-05-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Looks cool. May just wait for it to get really cheap or just wait for GT7 which is rumored to come in 2014.
    The dude abides.

Anyone here playing this? I haven't read or heard much about GT6 in terms of community reaction.

A free update for Gran Turismo 6 has given players two new cars and a challenge in which to test their mettle - and their metal. Included in the 1.02 update for the game are the Red Bull Racing Kart and Red Bull X2014 Junior, as well as the Red Bull X Challenge. The challenge, as described by the PlayStation Blog, is designed to mentor players in "the art of driving an authentic formula car." Two more Red Bull cars - the Red Bull X2014 Standard and Red Bull X2014 Fan editions - will be coming to GT6 in a future update.

Things aren't all energy drinks and F1 karts in the land of Gran Turismo 6, of course. Mario Andretti's first car, a 1948 Hudson Hornet, is also now available in the game. Don't know why that's a big deal? First Love, a tie-in documentary presented by Gran Turismo 6 that tells the story of Andretti and his car, is now available to watch online for free.

The 1.02 GT6 update also brings with it multiple tweaks to the game's already-existing features. Credits earned in Career mode have been increased, logging online for consecutive days nets a bonus to all credits awarded - up to a potential 200 percent increase, and players now only need a National B license to participate in seasonal events. There are also two new seasonal events; one will run from December 20, 2013 to January 17, 2014, while the other goes from January 2nd to January 30th, 2014.

Courtesy: Joystiq