Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Going to give this one a second chance. While I am not a big fan of the combat system, I do love the open world games. First time I did not get very far but one thing that I did appreciate was the detail in the sidequests. Not your typical fetch, fetch and then fetch some more.

Good news, I have it. Bad news, not sure when I'll have time to start it
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Good news, I have it. Bad news, not sure when I'll have time to start it
    You need a lot of time. Book off the weekend to really get into the game!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    You need a lot of time. Book off the weekend to really get into the game!
    I know that's why I'm thinking it won't be til the weekend before I start.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I know that's why I'm thinking it won't be til the weekend before I start.
    It's a good game JB. You'd like it.

Just did a 2 hour side mission tonight. Wow! It was a good one.

2 hour side mission? And enjoyable? That sounds cool. Almost all side stuff in DAI was short and eventually repetitive. There were a few keeps, caves and of course dragons to slay that were cool. I still have to go back and kill a bunch of dragons. Those fights would last over 20 minutes and you do have to switch between characters to use the potions to make it happen.

Finished this up last night. Was an excellent game,IMO. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a skyrim type of game that has a super long story.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    Finished this up last night. Was an excellent game,IMO. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a skyrim type of game that has a super long story.
    Outstanding game! I need to get back into it. I have a few hours left of the main story and literally hundreds of other tasks to complete. Last I played I was sailing through Skellige. Personally I think the best parts of the game occur on the Isles. 100% recommend this title for people on the fence.

I barely scratched the surface on this one. Once I get through Fallout 4 I'll probably get back to it.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Outstanding game! I need to get back into it. I have a few hours left of the main story and literally hundreds of other tasks to complete. Last I played I was sailing through Skellige. Personally I think the best parts of the game occur on the Isles. 100% recommend this title for people on the fence.

My only dislike is that the final 3 bosses do exactly the same thing. You can use the same fighting strategy and the fight is over in 3 minutes. I wish there were more caves to explore, more loot to gain and more exotic weapons. Really seemed like every sword had the same perks

I am getting this for Christmas. Have the theme in my ps4 and read this primer. I might go hard difficulty. Mistake?

http://kotaku.com/a-beginner-s-guide...her-1704506152

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I am getting this for Christmas. Have the theme in my ps4 and read this primer. I might go hard difficulty. Mistake?

http://kotaku.com/a-beginner-s-guide...her-1704506152
    That's completely up to you. I will advise you though, to not take on monsters that are higher levels than you. You will die a lot.

Did you play on Normal?

Did you play on Normal?
    Don't know. I just played.

And for the record, that kotaku article is filled with a bunch of useless info. Lol
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 12-11-2015 at 11:10 PM.

I really like the combat from the tutorial early in the game. Not always sure what to do but parrying along with signs is cool. I also really enjoy the cut scenes and story aspect. I can already tell the story and characters are going to be much better than Dragon Age which never impressed me in this area at all.

going to try and kill a griffin. I'm confused a bit about my mini map and exactly what my witcher sense is for other than looting. I'm looting things although the button press isn't always so good here. I do like the alternate controls. No clue about crafting, armour and the other stuff like meditating and sharpening weapons. I guess I will have to buy some food. Hopefully some further tutorials will explain things. I haven't wandered around much or looted a lot. Playing on hard eight now (broken bones).

The game looks really good. Love the fact I got a map, instructions and lore guide with the game.
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-26-2015 at 05:51 AM.

The first griffin took me forever to kill. I probably died like 25 times.

Your witcher sense becomes more important later in the game when you start doing side quests and performing investigations (crime detective work).

I never touched the crafting swords or armor and did just fine. Most of the crafted stuff was underpowered compared to something new I found.

Meditation replenishes health and your potion supply. (More important later on)

Kill wildlife for food. Deer and wolves especially. Dog tallow doesn't help but raw meat and wolf liver help a lot early on

Sharpening weapons increases your attack power for 15 minutes. Your swords don't have an infinite life. Their attack damage decreases if you don't repair them. Make sure to have a few swords with you if you go into a dungeon or long quest.

Parrying is most useful against human groups. Most monsters will be able to stun you even if you parry, then follow it up with another attack which will drain your health quickly. Better off trying the hack and roll method.
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 12-27-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Rudy... the real question... which lady will you choose to spend most of your free time with?

Spoiler if you don't want the images...
    Spoiler: show
    ]
    Last edited by jaymo76; 12-27-2015 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks guys. I haven't met either lady in the game yet. With family in town my gaming has been low. Plus I can't play this game when my kids are awake unless I banish them upstairs which may happen.

Thanks guys. I haven't met either lady in the game yet. With family in town my gaming has been low. Plus I can't play this game when my kids are awake unless I banish them upstairs which may happen.
    You'll need to banish them when you get to either of the brothels. Lol