Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Possible spoiler for in-game content.
    Spoiler: show
    Watch Conan O'Brien's Clueless Gamer review of Witcher3... it's pretty funny.

I LOVE how choice plays a role in the storyline. Last night I was in a bar. I ended of getting into a fight with soldiers. As a result, later in the mission I arrived at a fort. It was locked and they refused me entrance. I found out online that had I not got into the fight the soldiers would be friendly and the gate would be open. Now I need to explore caves to find a backdoor in.

Also, I must say that the side missions and using Witcher senses are pretty enjoyable. The only downside for me is that I have no clue what I am doing with crafting...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I LOVE how choice plays a role in the storyline. Last night I was in a bar. I ended of getting into a fight with soldiers. As a result, later in the mission I arrived at a fort. It was locked and they refused me entrance. I found out online that had I not got into the fight the soldiers would be friendly and the gate would be open. Now I need to explore caves to find a backdoor in.

Also, I must say that the side missions and using Witcher senses are pretty enjoyable. The only downside for me is that I have no clue what I am doing with crafting...
    That is pretty cool about the bar fight.

Word of warning... werewolves are freaking tough!

This incredibly awesome game can also be highly frustrating at times. Specifically caves are really difficult. The first cave where you encounter a boss... no word of a lie it took me over two hours to complete. I died a million times and got lost with the map and the riddles. Plus by the time I got to the boss my energy was so low that I was no match until I figured things out.

When you go into LONG MISIONS in the caves make sure to:

1. HAVE AN ABUNDANCE OF FOOD!!!!!!!!!!
    * no food means no replenishment of your health
    2. make sure your SILVER sword is sharpened and at 100% effectiveness
    3. make sure you have a back-up or two of a high power silver sword
    4. try to upgrade your armour to the level of the mission
    * I am a level 4 doing a level 5 mission... I got my butt handed to me!!!
    5. have multiple bombs constructed and ready for use
    6. do not rely on strong attack in the caves as you will not have enough room to launch one
    7. if you use a torch it will explode when it meets a gas cloud

I am not good at these types of games so you will all likely do better than me. Take my .02c for what it's worth...

People are saying if you turn down the sensitivity for both person and camera it helps with the movement. Do you find the movement unrealistic or floaty?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    People are saying if you turn down the sensitivity for both person and camera it helps with the movement. Do you find the movement unrealistic or floaty?
    Yes it can be. The two instances... riding your horse (who is called Roach... so annoying!) and when you jump on something and fall and run off way farther than you should. They are awkward but not horrible. The only thing I really dislike is the size of the writing on the screen. It is too small and very, very hard to read. I am playing on my 39' TV upstairs, not the 40' downstairs but it should not matter. The writing is just too small. You literally need to walk up to your TV to read some messages.

Another cool thing about this game.... all the free dlc. I already have 4 in one week.

It's pretty neat to watch your beard growing in this game. I finally made it to civilization and got a trim and a shave. Speaking of cities, they only have a few in the game but man do they pop out when you see them. I took an hour just slowly walking through the biggest one. Very cool IMO!

Edit- never participated in graphic video game sex... until last night! Sadly though, it didn't end well. Knowing what I know now I would have chosen a different outcome. Damn! Some say that in order to win the game you need all the help you can get.

I must say that in most games the Side Missions are often fairly pointless and do not tie into the story. That is NOT the case with Witcher 3. You have:

1. Main Missions
    2. Secondary Missions
    3. Witcher Contracts

All of them feel like they tie together. Last night I did one main mission and about 4 side missions and 2 contracts. I must have taken me across the map and about 2.5 hours to complete. The main quests are crazy long and often involve 7-10 events. Secondary missions are a little shorter but have great storylines. The contracts are quick... haggle for money and then kill a monster or two.

Donwloaded the massive 650mb patch... boom! I can finaly read the writing on the screen. Also the game is a little less glitchy with the running of Roach (your horse).

Getting this for my birthday in a little over two months
    The dude abides.

A big thank you to jaymo. Picked this up based on your review and I'm really enjoying it.

They are patching the movement (an extra option) and adding a better inventory system too.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...welcome-fixes/

A month and a half and I'll be digging into this
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    A big thank you to jaymo. Picked this up based on your review and I'm really enjoying it.
    Nice to hear you like it. It is an awesome game. I think it's my favourite game this year. Once work slows down a bit I will get into this again and try to finish up the main story.

Any updates on this? Still having fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Any updates on this? Still having fun?
    I'm in the process of recruiting people for the final battle versus the hunt. However, I am working a ton this summer ad haven't played more than an hour for the whole month of JUly. Im on vacation in two weeks and my goal is to finish the game before September.

Level 20, just working on side missions etc.....I like it but i like mlb more

The future continues to look bright for this game with what's coming.

Can't wait to get it next month!

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/28/906...s-mode-details
    The dude abides.