Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4, XB1, PC)

While it was rather heavily hinted out when the game was first revealed, today CD Projekt RED confirmed that its upcoming story-driven, open world RPG The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will launch on Sony's PlayStation 4 once the game is released in 2014.

“We were thrilled when asked, several months ago, to be one of the developers who were granted early access to the PlayStation 4," said Adam Badowski, head of CD Projekt RED studio. "It was an exciting moment to be invited to be in the company of other legendary developers like Bethesda, EA, LucasArts, Ubisoft or Activision as one of the teams working on titles shipping early in the PlayStation 4's lifecycle. Of course, we couldn't reveal any specifics about this to our fans, even though many journalists and forum members asked about when and how The Witcher might show up on Sony's console. After yesterday's PlayStation Meeting we can finally promise: The Witcher 3 is coming to the PlayStation 4. The new hardware gives us the opportunity to create something great. We are able to work with the new console from its birth and this allows our in-house REDengine 3 to push the graphical limits of what the PlayStation hardware can display. The console is fresh and has some innovative solutions that we're looking forward to using in our game."

“It’s a real pleasure to cooperate with Sony," said Adam Kiciński, CEO of CD Projekt SA. "Combining CD Projekt RED’s unique artistic vision and tech with the capabilities of PlayStation 4 will make The Witcher 3 a truly next-gen RPG. With Sony's new hardware and our new engine, there are no limits to what we can create in the process of realizing our vision for Geralt's dark fantasy world."

For those that are unfamiliar with the project, here's an official description:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be the most robust and breathtaking game ever created by CD Projekt RED, combining a free-roaming environment with a non-linear story which makes the game a real RPG fan’s dream come true. Open world exploration is an adventure in itself as the player will gallop through war-ravaged lands, sail misty waters, and track down dangerous beasts for money. An improved combat system will allow players to feel like a real monster hunter, a witcher, who uses his superior senses and fighting skills to survive in a dark fantasy world while he embarks on a quest to save his loved ones.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the final episode of the award-winning RPG series and triumphant finish to the legend of Geralt of Rivia. While the Witcher 3 is the pinnacle to the Witcher series, it is also a standalone story that players new and old will love as they have another chance to live the dangerous life of a witcher. With the capabilities of PlayStation 4 and the next-gen ready REDengine 3, The Witcher 3 will be a truly amazing RPG.

Studio head Adam Badowski summed up, “The Witcher 3 will be released in 2014 simultaneously on all high-end platforms available. We know that our fans are looking forward to that date already, but we want to make it clear that this story is a standalone, and we will be sure introduce newcomers fully to the world so that they don't miss a beat. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will start with an breathtaking opening, which will give many insights to the lore. The game design will allow smooth introduction to new characters and encourage players to discover the vast, living open world of this installment of Geralt’s tale."

Link: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...firmed-for-ps4

Now my most anticipated game...

* This is a new video, even though it looks like the one above from December.

Last edited by bdoughty; 06-06-2014 at 06:31 AM.

35 minutes of gameplay.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the.../1100-6424075/

Release date pushed back to May 19, studio confirms.

Game is getting GREAT reviews. Anyone played the previous 2 in the series? Thinking I might pick this up even though open world is typically not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Game is getting GREAT reviews. Anyone played the previous 2 in the series? Thinking I might pick this up even though open world is typically not my thing.
    I have them on PC when they were dirt cheap on Steam. Something I want to do before getting this game. I'm going to wait for it to drop to $30ish though.
    The dude abides.

Seems like a pretty deep/interesting story for the 1st 2. After the move and once I get settled in I'll probably pick this one up.

Looking forward to impressions. Would love to know the differences between this and Dragon Age.

Reading a lot of excellent reviews. People seem to be loving this game although the PC community is bitter about the graphics downgrade. The one complaint I've read is that the crafting and inventory system is complicated and a bit annoying. But many are saying the side stories do a great job of tying into the overall story and world - better than Dragon Age Inquisition. And people also find it more polished with better combat than the previous Witcher games.
    Last edited by Rudy; 05-19-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Q. How do you know you have an awesome wife?

A. You arrive home from work and she gives you a surprise copy of Witcher 3!!!

Freaking awesome!!! Planning to play a bit tonight.

Could only play for two hours tonight... but...

1. Visually stunning
    2. Highly complex
    3. Massive open world

... and... thus far, pretty damn fun! Haven't played Dragon Age but this looks soooo much better. This is less fantasy and more medieval times in a made up realm. I don't need to play this game anymore to say I am going to love it!

Very cool!

If Elder Scrolls Online isn't out in a couple weeks, I'd probably get this right away, but going to wait a little while.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Q. How do you know you have an awesome wife?

A. You arrive home from work and she gives you a surprise copy of Witcher 3!!!

Freaking awesome!!! Planning to play a bit tonight.

Possible spoiler for in-game content.
    Spoiler: show
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud