Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DriveClub (PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The dude abides.

I believe that might be my first ever face palm from JB.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I believe that might be my first ever face palm from JB.
    Because you're being an idiot

The $50 pays for itself rather quickly. If I get DriveClub free, and have to pay an extra $20 or $30 to get everything else to make a full game. That's perfectly fine. It's just like me getting Assassins Creed III for Vita for $13 this week in the E3 sale. I got an extra discount from being a + member to only pay that amount. Saved $17 from buying it on Amazon. That's one instance in 52 weeks of deals you get on +.

I guess I just don't see it that way. The way I see it, I'm paying for a service that should give me the full game to try it out. If they only wanted to give me a portion of it, it should just be one of those 1 hour timed trials. They did the same with Uncharted 3 recently. The single player is there, but the online is only the free to play version that is lacking all the content.

They don't seem to do that too often, I just hope it doesn't become a trend. I see the benefits to Plus (duh, been a subscriber since the very first minutes of the service), but this is one that I just don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I guess I just don't see it that way. The way I see it, I'm paying for a service that should give me the full game to try it out. If they only wanted to give me a portion of it, it should just be one of those 1 hour timed trials. They did the same with Uncharted 3 recently. The single player is there, but the online is only the free to play version that is lacking all the content.

They don't seem to do that too often, I just hope it doesn't become a trend. I see the benefits to Plus (duh, been a subscriber since the very first minutes of the service), but this is one that I just don't like.
    But you are getting the full game minus a few tracks and cars. That's basically the equivalent of DLC. It would be different it was an adventure game, and you only get half the levels and have to pay for the other half to finish the game.

I'm pretty stoked for DriveClub since I will be getting the ps4 for sure. The Nissan Skyline R34 better be in it or some of my favorite old cars honda crx or even the dodge neon .

I think they did UC3 like that because they already made the multiplayer free to play for anyone. Why would you include the multiplayer in the + version when it's already there for everyone to play anyway.

It's free to play online until you get a certain level, and then you don't level up anymore. I think you're also restricted on what maps you can play on. Besides, the free to play online is included with the Plus version. It's single player + free to play version of the multiplayer.

Free PS Plus version of Driveclub will be 'missing' a few things

The free, beta version of Driveclub that PlayStation Plus members get when the PS4 launches will be exactly the same as the retail version – except different, Evolution Studios said during a Q&A session recorded by PlayStationer.

"Yes, the PS Plus version will be the exact same as the full version, except that it may be missing a few assets, such as cars or tracks, that will be found in the full version," Evolution said.

The PS Plus edition of Driveclub will include online multiplayer, the singleplayer campaign and asynchronous challenges, and Plus players will be able to purchase any missing content. After trying out the Plus version, players can "pay a sum of money" to convert it to the full retail version, Evolution said.

We got our buttery-smooth driving gloves on Driveclub at E3, and found it more accessible than Gran Turismo 6, with a distinct arcade vibe.

Just exactly how I figured it would be. I'm cool with that.

Can't wait for try club. Should be fun times.