Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DriveClub (PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Also discounted price to update/upgrade from + edition to full blown game.

It would be cool to have a TGT clan when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Tapatalk 4 Beta fixed the tweets and now I can read them.

I'm assuming there will be a DLC package for the rest of the cars & tracks. Probably $20 - $30. I'm down with that, and down with a TGT Clan.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The dude abides.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Tapatalk 4 Beta fixed the tweets and now I can read them.

I'm assuming there will be a DLC package for the rest of the cars & tracks. Probably $20 - $30. I'm down with that, and down with a TGT Clan.

Absolutely. This is the one next gen racing game that I'm looking at and could actually see myself playing for more than a few days without getting bored of it.

I'll say the same thing I said about them including Uncharted 3 without the full online - pure garbage. It's like they've realized they can use Plus to give customers a half-assed experience in hopes that they enjoy it and spend more money to unlock all the content. Reminds me of the biggest rip off in all of gaming - in app purchases.

With that said, the game itself looks great. Too many racers coming out during the same time. This, Forza 5, and The Crew are come out around the same time and all look amazing.

But if it only costs $20 for the full retail game at release, that's no ripoff.

The dude abides.

Where does it say it'll be $20? The only thing I saw was "full game will be available at a discounted price."

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Where does it say it'll be $20? The only thing I saw was "full game will be available at a discounted price."
    We're guessing that it would be $20 or $30.

Look I don't have a problem with this. Its a brand new console and quite honestly giving us even a small portion of a launch title is a BIG deal IMHO. It's probably going to hurt Drive Club's sales too b/c allot of people will have + now and just play the "free" + version.

If the game is decent I'll definite pay for the full upgrade/game assuming its at a fair discount price of $30 or so.

Eh, if they cut content from the free version that I actually want, I'll just buy the disc version. If everything that I would want is there, then I'll happily accept.

I've never been a proponent of in app purchases (which is what this is), and I never will be. I'm already paying for a subscription that should entitle me to all the content of the games I'm offered, I'm sure surely not going to start paying additional fees to unlock content.

Eh, if they cut content from the free version that I actually want, I'll just buy the disc version. If everything that I would want is there, then I'll happily accept.

I've never been a proponent of in app purchases (which is what this is), and I never will be. I'm already paying for a subscription that should entitle me to all the content of the games I'm offered, I'm sure surely not going to start paying additional fees to unlock content.
    Says the guy buying an XB1?

I haven't heard of a game or service yet on Xbox One that supports an in app purchase like system yet. If I pay for Live, I'm getting ALL the content that I paid for. If I pay for a game, I'm getting ALL the content I paid for. With PS4 games, I'll be getting ALL the content I paid for. That's exactly how it should be with Plus, too. If Sony can't give out all the content associated with the regular game, then I'd rather they find something where I'm getting the whole package.

Just like you don't do internet check ins every 24 hours, I don't do in app purchases.

I'm guessing it would be regular DLC from the PSN Store, not an in-app purchase.

The dude abides.

I haven't heard of a game or service yet on Xbox One that supports an in app purchase like system yet. If I pay for Live, I'm getting ALL the content that I paid for. If I pay for a game, I'm getting ALL the content I paid for. With PS4 games, I'll be getting ALL the content I paid for. That's exactly how it should be with Plus, too. If Sony can't give out all the content associated with the regular game, then I'd rather they find something where I'm getting the whole package.

Just like you don't do internet check ins every 24 hours, I don't do in app purchases.
    I don't think I have purchased DLC ever either. However, I might in this limited exception. Sony needed to do something to keep the + customers happy with the free games each month so do you expect them to give away one of their free launch titles away? I think that's asking a bit much.

I still don't know how they do the 1st year of free games. I suppose they could do all indy titles but some people will probably complain about that.

I didn't mean it like that. I mean like this stupid trend on phones where you get a game, and then unlock the rest of it, you have to pay a fee. With the Drive Club Free Edition thing, you're getting PART of the game, and if you want the other part, you have to pay for it. Same sleazy scheme. I just call it an in app purchase because that's the closest thing I could think of to compare it to.

Hell, I don't know which one I despise more - in app purchases or F2P shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I don't think I have purchased DLC ever either. However, I might in this limited exception. Sony needed to do something to keep the + customers happy with the free games each month so do you expect them to give away one of their free launch titles away? I think that's asking a bit much.

I still don't know how they do the 1st year of free games. I suppose they could do all indy titles but some people will probably complain about that.
    This isn't DLC. This is content from the full game that is simply taken away (or at least that's how I'm reading it). I have NO problem whatsoever with a publisher releasing a game, and then a few weeks or months later, they release content and charge for it. I've bought tons of DLC like that.

However, I'm not paying something additional that should be included with the game. Gears of War is probably the most infamous one that does this. Why the hell should I have to pay for additional weapon skins when they were available on launch day and obviously should have been put into the main game? Even worse is the horseshit they pull with Gears 3, having features built in to the game and ON THE DISC and then charging $10 to unlock it.

The Drive Club thing with Plus isn't quite as bad as that simply because you're not paying full retail price, but it's not too far from it.

This isn't DLC. This is content from the full game that is simply taken away (or at least that's how I'm reading it).
    From a game you're getting for FREE. How is that a fuckin' issue?! It's a FREE GAME, that, if you want to play the full game, you'd buy it just like everyone else. It's basically a large demo for PS+ members. How is that an issue?!

How is it free if you have to pay a $50 a year subscription in order to get it?

How is it free if you have to pay a $50 a year subscription in order to get it?
    B/c your paying the $50 to play online now and for the X number of other free games.

Honestly I'm surprised they gave us a full blown launch game (even if it is is only part of it). I fully anticipated getting a ton of indy games for at least the first 18 months.

It's still not free. If you don't pay that $50 a year, you don't get it. Plus, as it is now and as it will be in the future, is a rental service. You're not getting ANYTHING for free. I know the argument is now going to become "well you have to have it now for online," but if it was just for online, it certainly wouldn't be $50 a year. PSN on PS3 doesn't have the kind of features that demands that kind of price tag, and from what I've seen of the PS4 so far, neither does it. Plus is still going to be mainly a rental service.

I suppose you would be okay with Gamefly sending you The Last of Us and only giving you half the game, while charging you an additional fee on top of your subscription to unlock the rest of it, right?