Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: DriveClub (PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Is his game worth it? Is there multiplayer?

I've downloaded the PS Plus edition. Haven't played it yet. In fact, still have a ton of crap to download. You download the game, then you download something like a 7 or 13 GB application data file then you download a 10 GB update file. Ridiculous. I still have 3-5 GB of the update file waiting to download because I don't feel like having my network speeds dragged down while trying to play MLB The Show and watch videos on my laptop at the same time by having that thing rolling in the background.

I just downloaded it the other night but haven't played it yet. Not sure if the update finished or not. When it does I'll eventually play it. The update was massive!

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Is his game worth it? Is there multiplayer?
    I think it is fun, but not necessarily the most engaging for whatever reason.

I think there is MP? Pretty sure. A few of us here have the game - we should arrange a TGT DC night.

BTW, there's also a TGT group on DriveClub. LMK who wants an invite and I can send one over. IIRC, the XP earned cumulatively as a group unlocks new paint schemes and items so it's worth joining, even if we rarely play as a group.

I downloaded it, like others have said it seems like a massive download, once the large game downloads then there is a large update, seems like it took quite a while to get it all downloaded and then installed.

I played it for about 30 mins, seems like a good racer. I think it would be more fun to race live against other people. I'm pretty sure this is one I wouldn't go out and purchase. I downloaded the PS+ free edition.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I think it is fun, but not necessarily the most engaging for whatever reason.

I think there is MP? Pretty sure. A few of us here have the game - we should arrange a TGT DC night.

BTW, there's also a TGT group on DriveClub. LMK who wants an invite and I can send one over. IIRC, the XP earned cumulatively as a group unlocks new paint schemes and items so it's worth joining, even if we rarely play as a group.
    I'm game just let us know when

Send me over an invite

Hopped on now to add you, Skip - but PSN is down/goofy. I'll try again later.

I think I'm a level 10 or something now. With more in the TGT group, I'll have to fire it back up again, it's been a month or so since I played.
    The dude abides.

I have the download and have been debating on paying the $25 for the full version. Hit me up with an invite too Cdj

Ahh man I thought it was the full version..damn hopefully that isn't needed to play online or to enjoy it fully

This afternoon the game was $20 at Amazon, but now it is back to $47 ($40 digital).

ryby - you got it. Will add you & skip. Anybody else?

EDIT - Invites sent, ryby & skip. The group can only have six members it seems, so two spots remain.
    Last edited by cdj; 07-07-2015 at 10:34 PM.

When I get Internet at my new house id like to join

DriveClub (PS4)

Ok I will splurge and buy it this week. My son will like to play it too.

I'll post when to send invite.

Esp. for the club guys: What is your schedule like the rest of this week? Let's try and play DriveClub some evening/night this week.

Thursday night is probably my only free night.
    The dude abides.

Thursday works for me as well. Around 8 est ish

Thursday night should work for me as well.

Thursday works for cdj, CLW, JB, skip. Anyone else?

CLW - I'll try and get a club invite sent to you later today.

BTW, a new 10 GB update went out yesterday so make sure you have it downloaded before Thursday.

Our 20th update introduces ELITE Driver Levels, new club Leaderboards for every Tour event, updates to Club Challenges, a new 'Random event' feature for quick play, options to tune or disable the camera shake settings, filters for your Garage and Car Select menus, new Photo Mode filters and frames, and many more improvements to the game based on your feedback.

Spoiler: show
    What's included in Update 1.20:
    » ELITE Driver Levels are now available above Level 60. You'll have to prove your skills on the track as well as reach the required number of Tour Stars and Fame Points to earn these ELITE Levels! Every new Driver Level has a reward too.
    » New 'Random Event' in DRIVE lets you quickly get behind the wheel and try something different. It's perfect for creating new Challenges!
    » Club Challenges now show all Club Members participating and individual leaderboard positions to make it more rewarding and competitive for everyone taking part.
    » New Club Leaderboards for every Tour event: go and get your Club ranked in your favourite events as soon as you update the game!
    » Improved camera shake and new Gameplay Settings option to adjust the camera shake intensity - or turn it down completely for a silky smooth drive.
    » New Gameplay Settings option to turn Face-offs on or off, for those of you who prefer the pure thrill of the race without any distractions or extra opportunities for earning Fame.
    » New Garage options to filter the vehicles so that you can more easily find the car you're looking for.
    » Adds new filters and frames to Photo Mode.
    » Adds the ability to toggle ghosts on and off in Time Trial and Drift mode, by using left on the D-Pad.
    » Stunning new #PS4share photo added to the loading screen (Credit: http://bit.ly/1I4UI8V).
    » Updated Credits with personal messages, special thanks and new members of the team!
    » Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.

Update 1.20 Add-ons (available for download from PlayStation®Store on July 28 worldwide):

» Adds support for the Horsepower Expansion Pack (download from PlayStation®Store) - which includes the Horsepower Car Pack and Horsepower Tour Pack.
    » The Horsepower Car Pack includes: Ferrari LaFerrari FXX K, McLaren P1 GTR, Nissan GT-R NISMO, Renault Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R and the Ferrari FXX Evoluzione.
    » The Horsepower Tour includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
    » Collect every star in the Horsepower Tour to earn a new bonus Livery.
    » Adds support for the UniteInSpeed Tour Pack (download from PlayStation®Store).
    » The UniteInSpeed Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
    » Collect every star in the UniteInSpeed Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
    » Adds support for two new livery packs coming to PlayStation®Store. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.

What else we're working on (stuff coming after 1.20):

» Private lobbies! This is our main focus now that the servers are running smoothly and the PS+ Edition of DRIVECLUB is live.
    » DRIVECLUB companion app: We'll have more news on this soon.
    » More free cars: There isn't a new free car coming in July but we've got some awesome cars lined up for you in August and September!
    » More Cars & Tours: The packs coming in July mark the end of the Season Pass but not the end of DRIVECLUB! We have much more coming so stay with us.
    » More Game Updates: We're committed to keeping the game fresh and enjoyable for you, so we will continue to make improvements and add features based on your feedback. Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help us continually evolve the game around you.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Thursday works for cdj, CLW, JB, skip. Anyone else?

CLW - I'll try and get a club invite sent to you later today.

BTW, a new 10 GB update went out yesterday so make sure you have it downloaded before Thursday.

Our 20th update introduces ELITE Driver Levels, new club Leaderboards for every Tour event, updates to Club Challenges, a new 'Random event' feature for quick play, options to tune or disable the camera shake settings, filters for your Garage and Car Select menus, new Photo Mode filters and frames, and many more improvements to the game based on your feedback.

Spoiler: show
    What's included in Update 1.20:
    » ELITE Driver Levels are now available above Level 60. You'll have to prove your skills on the track as well as reach the required number of Tour Stars and Fame Points to earn these ELITE Levels! Every new Driver Level has a reward too.
    » New 'Random Event' in DRIVE lets you quickly get behind the wheel and try something different. It's perfect for creating new Challenges!
    » Club Challenges now show all Club Members participating and individual leaderboard positions to make it more rewarding and competitive for everyone taking part.
    » New Club Leaderboards for every Tour event: go and get your Club ranked in your favourite events as soon as you update the game!
    » Improved camera shake and new Gameplay Settings option to adjust the camera shake intensity - or turn it down completely for a silky smooth drive.
    » New Gameplay Settings option to turn Face-offs on or off, for those of you who prefer the pure thrill of the race without any distractions or extra opportunities for earning Fame.
    » New Garage options to filter the vehicles so that you can more easily find the car you're looking for.
    » Adds new filters and frames to Photo Mode.
    » Adds the ability to toggle ghosts on and off in Time Trial and Drift mode, by using left on the D-Pad.
    » Stunning new #PS4share photo added to the loading screen (Credit: http://bit.ly/1I4UI8V).
    » Updated Credits with personal messages, special thanks and new members of the team!
    » Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.

Update 1.20 Add-ons (available for download from PlayStation®Store on July 28 worldwide):

» Adds support for the Horsepower Expansion Pack (download from PlayStation®Store) - which includes the Horsepower Car Pack and Horsepower Tour Pack.
    » The Horsepower Car Pack includes: Ferrari LaFerrari FXX K, McLaren P1 GTR, Nissan GT-R NISMO, Renault Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R and the Ferrari FXX Evoluzione.
    » The Horsepower Tour includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
    » Collect every star in the Horsepower Tour to earn a new bonus Livery.
    » Adds support for the UniteInSpeed Tour Pack (download from PlayStation®Store).
    » The UniteInSpeed Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
    » Collect every star in the UniteInSpeed Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
    » Adds support for two new livery packs coming to PlayStation®Store. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.

What else we're working on (stuff coming after 1.20):

» Private lobbies! This is our main focus now that the servers are running smoothly and the PS+ Edition of DRIVECLUB is live.
    » DRIVECLUB companion app: We'll have more news on this soon.
    » More free cars: There isn't a new free car coming in July but we've got some awesome cars lined up for you in August and September!
    » More Cars & Tours: The packs coming in July mark the end of the Season Pass but not the end of DRIVECLUB! We have much more coming so stay with us.
    » More Game Updates: We're committed to keeping the game fresh and enjoyable for you, so we will continue to make improvements and add features based on your feedback. Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help us continually evolve the game around you.

Thanks man - I dunno if it matters but I just have PS+ edition right now.

Don't think it matters CLW. I have that version as well and I was able to join.

Though I found out quite a bit of the game isn't unlocked to me when trying to play other modes/vehicles.