Thread: Need Help Advancing Online Dynasty on a computer

• Facebook
  • Display

Need Help Advancing Online Dynasty on a computer

Hey guys thanks for any and all help.

So I'm the commish in my online dynasty and I have purchased the ability to advance an online dynasty from anywhere. Whenever I log on to www.easports.com/dynasty there is a box in the top right that says "Advance Dynasty". When I click the button I get an error message saying " I must purchase this feature in the full retail version of the game or be a EA Sports Season Ticket subscriber " . I've downloaded the advance from anywhere several times. I even deleted it off my HDD and redownloaded it, but I still get that error message. Am I trying to advance the dynasty online wrong? Anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

That's definitely the right way to do it.

Just going to throw out different questions. I've never seen this error so I don't have a good idea. Have you tried different browsers? Are you using any pop-up or ad blockers? Are you using a PC versus a tablet or phone?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I've tried my Mac book Pro, my iPhone and an iPad. Pop up blocker is not a problem I don't think, because when I get the error message from easports.com it is a pop up that tells me. If I had pop ups blocked, I don't think I'd be able to see the error message. I'll try on Safari and see what happens.

I bought the Advance anywhere Dynasty extra on Xbox.com, maybe that's the issue? Maybe I should have purchased it on the system. I bought another upgrade to see if that would work and it worked just fine. I bought it off Xbox.com as well.

When you are in-game, does it recognize you as being an EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscriber? (I think there is an icon in the lower right in menus, but I am not sure.)

EDIT - Meant to say lower right....not sure why I typed left.

If it's one of the internal pop-ups that's part of EA's dynasty site (like the one that I occassionally get that says "internal server error"), that's not a true "pop-up".

Unfortunately, I don't remember the access for my second PSN account, so I can't check to see what it shows if you don't have the Season Ticket purchased.

Just to be clear ... you keep saying Advance Anywhere. You are talking about "Season Ticket", right? I didn't think Advance from the Web was a separate purchase option this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    When you are in-game, does it recognize you as being an EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscriber? (I think there is an icon in the lower left in menus, but I am not sure.)
    I think it's the lower right, actually.

I am not a Season Ticket subscriber. I did purchase an upgrade that says I could "Advance from Anywhere". On the easports.com/dynasty website it says you can advance the dynasty from a computer by being a Season Ticket subscriber OR by purchasing the Advance from Anywhere upgrade from the console version of the game

What is the name of the OD and the commish's (your) gamertag? Let me see if I can find out something.

SniperMikeyOD1 is the name of my dynasty. My Gamertag is Sniper Mikey. And this is for Xbox 360. Thanks again for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by pantherone26 View Post
    I am not a Season Ticket subscriber. I did purchase an upgrade that says I could "Advance from Anywhere".
    You're right. I don't recall seeing that before, but it is also available for PS3. I must have forgotten about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    You're right. I don't recall seeing that before, but it is also available for PS3. I must have forgotten about it.
    I forgot about that as well until he mentioned it.

I just fired off an e-mail. If I hear anything back or need additional info, I will either post here or PM you.

panther - I know you mentioned buying the DLC through xbox.com, but have you downloaded the DLC to/on your console? If not, can you try that?

If the DLC is downloaded from the MS Store, the confirmation doesn’t hit the EA servers. The entitlement must be downloaded from the console. Did you downloaded it from the Microsoft Store, or directly from and onto the console?
    Last edited by cdj; 02-21-2013 at 09:01 AM.

I tried downloading it with my Xbox. If I look at NCAA 13 on my games in the Xbox 360 homepage I can see that I've purchased the "Advance from Anywhere" extra as well as the "Recruiting Advisor" extra. I bought the Recruiting Advisor just to see if I could get an extra to work, which that one does work in all my dynasties now. I tried deleting the "Advance from Anywhere" info from my HDD and downloaded it again on my Xbox but it's still a no go.

Here is a pic of the error message I get on easports.com/dynasty:
    Attached Images Attached Images

panther - One more question for you: Have you downloaded the DLC within (the console game of) NCAA?

No I have not done that. I've attempted to find where I can do that but cannot seem to find anywhere to do that.

I noticed when I go to load the Online Dynasty I can purchase extras by hitting LB, but the "Advance from Anywhere" option is only available there if I purchase an expensive comprehensive upgrade that costs something like 2000 XP. Where can I find the upgrade within the game?

panther - Head into the Online Dynasty on the console and navigate to Coach Central, and at the bottom, it should have an item that reads “Week Advance Anywhere.”

One thing to be aware of though - if it doesn’t show up there it is because after you've purchased it once for the console (with any username), it goes away from the menu items.

I'm there now and I'm not seeing it.

panther - Is it working for you now? On EA's end, it appears the DLC was attained on Sunday.

Yes it works now. I had to delete the download off my drive, then go into Online Dynasty, then Coach Central when downloaded the Advance from Anywhere feature. Thanks for all the help!