Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Feedback - May 2010

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    CDJ I've noticed that the friend's activity widget hasn't updated with any of the posts you guys have made here at all... The recent activity one is working fine but shouldn't the friends activity one display any posts you & JB make? Or does it just do threads you've started?
    Just changed some settings. LMK what you think now.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Understandable. I think JB uses Netscape at his workplace. :p
    Netscape is pretty close. It might be Prodigy or Compuserve.

Just changed some settings. LMK what you think now.
    shows it now, but still takes you to the first post of the thread. I really like the friend activity feature.

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    shows it now, but still takes you to the first post of the thread. I really like the friend activity feature.
    Instead of clicking on the thread name, click on the little arrow by the user name, it'll take you to the last post.

Like the way that works now cdj, REALLY like that addition!

Instead of clicking on the thread name, click on the little arrow by the user name, it'll take you to the last post.

Like the way that works now cdj, REALLY like that addition!
    unless im clicking something wrong its still not working for me.

What is the community spotlight going to be about?

cdj, when I just tried to edit my signature (which I know you said is off) at the bottom it showed all of the permissions and how they are set. And, unless I misunderstood, as you can see signatures are not off.

unless im clicking something wrong its still not working for me.

Ok yeah, cdj the little arrow works in the recent activity widget but not in the friends widget. It says "go to last post" when you mouse over it, but it still takes you to the first page of the thread.

It will be a place where we have a brief Q&A with members of the community/site, highlight certain Online Dynasties, and maybe even feature special content written by site members.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    cdj, when I just tried to edit my signature (which I know you said is off) at the bottom it showed all of the permissions and how they are set. And, unless I misunderstood, as you can see signatures are not off.
    Weird...I flipped it back to off, so let's see if it stays off.

Ok yeah, cdj the little arrow works in the recent activity widget but not in the friends widget. It says "go to last post" when you mouse over it, but it still takes you to the first page of the thread.
    That may be an error with vB. It says it should go to the last post and the address looks right, but it isn't.

For the record, you have utterly destoryed my productivity at work today! I hope you're happy!

For the record, you have utterly destoryed my productivity at work today! I hope you're happy!
    Tell me about it. I'm unproductive enough as it is.

Ha! Glad to hear it. The feedback has been great and you guys are finding stuff we can't see on our end or wouldn't think of looking at. We really appreciate it.

Yes def. killed what I was doing at work now this will take up all the wifes time tonight and coming days

Posted a comment/question in the assignment AI blog on the front page & at the top of the page it still says 0 comments, even though the comment is there below.

Posted a comment/question in the assignment AI blog on the front page & at the top of the page it still says 0 comments, even though the comment is there below.
    If I remember and I read it correctly, I think that is somewhat intentional. It only updates those counts once every hour... it's designed to save on the server's resources. If you check it now, you'll see that there are two comments (yours and cdj's). Again I might be wrong on how that works but in any case, it will always take you to the comments that are there or you can view them in the thread style view.

gotcha, so it'll update that one at the top of the blog every hour or so?... just noticed it was different & thought i'd point it out.

How often do the widgets update?

gotcha, so it'll update that one at the top of the blog every hour or so?... just noticed it was different & thought i'd point it out.

How often do the widgets update?
    Ah, didn't realize that was the "Comments" you were looking at... I was looking at the home page which says 2. That might be something we need to look at but I'll try and keep and eye on it and see if updates or not.

Not sure about the widgets... are you noticing that they're not instant?

I've noticed that in Chrome the video plays full screen, but in FF it is tiny and leaves some coding underneath the video. It doesn't appear to be 100% compatible on all browsers.
    I'm using IE8 & the video is small & not able to do full-screen. Is that always just gonna be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Ah, didn't realize that was the "Comments" you were looking at... I was looking at the home page which says 2. That might be something we need to look at but I'll try and keep and eye on it and see if updates or not.

Not sure about the widgets... are you noticing that they're not instant?
    Yeah, The friends one seems to be pretty good, but I've noticed a couple times that the recent activity one has taken awhile

Also, is the Off-Topic forum not monitored for the recent activity widget? Our movie discussion hasn't popped up there yet.

For those of you that mentioned the 120 Ways to Win video shrinking down to real small, I've updated the article post to use a different embed code. If you would try it out again and let us know any feedback:
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...20-Ways-to-Win

Works great now for me