Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Feedback - May 2010

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    While there's nothing in there, you should be able to click on and view the Podcasts page. I'll keep looking into this. If you eventually get in, let me know.
    OK, tried again and got in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    "When I click on a thread title in the recent activity widget, it takes me to the first post in the tread. Perhaps it would be best if it took me to the most recent one instead? Just a thought."
    I'm looking into that right now. Not sure it's possible, but I'll see what we can do. It's not looking like that is an option, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    OK, tried again and got in.
    ADMINS - All I changed was selecting 'Add to Section Widget' - YES for it to work. I guess being on the navbar isn't enough, but being on the Section Widget keeps people from getting in.

Weird, but thanks for finding that. There's some 'unique' things that go on with vBulletin. I love it, but sometimes it's weird.

Another thing I've noticed is that the writing that displays over top of the banner at the top of the site is really hard to make out when it's in white text.

Site looks really good. I'll have to reserve full comments until I check it out from home since some images and things are blocked at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Another thing I've noticed is that the writing that displays over top of the banner at the top of the site is really hard to make out when it's in white text.
    That image is just a placeholder. The first one I made was just of the Tebow cover so it was all white and you couldn't see any of the text. I then whipped this one up but made sure to put some darker colors on that side. We're looking to get a banner with a legit site image/logo. I think Tommy is going to work on that and maybe down the line we have a contest for site members to try and make one for us. I was wondering what you guys would think of that text, so I appreciate you mentioning that.

One thing I notice (maybe it's my crappy IE6 at work) is the the online green button seems to cover up the last letter of a user's name. Any way to tweak that? cdj looks like cj + green button to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    One thing I notice (maybe it's my crappy IE6 at work) is the the online green button seems to cover up the last letter of a user's name. Any way to tweak that? cdj looks like cj + green button to me.
    Just checked on FF & IE8 and it shows up fine. Let me know how it looks on your home CPU. I'm thinking it's just IE6.

Maybe just IE6, works fine on IE8. The video also plays small for me in IE8, would give me the option to make it full screen but never would.
    Will have to give it a good examination when I get home, too many eyes look around here for me to gander at it all. But looks great so far

Going back to stuff on page 1:

- Registered users can now upload a custom avatar (80 x 80)
    - Sigs are currently disabled (so Kwizzy, don't make any changes or you will lose yours).

We'll let you guys play around a day or two with the current level of access then bump it up and give you more to play with. We want to make sure you've broken this level first.

Yeah, IE6 sucks but it's all I can use at work. I use FF at home.

Yeah, IE6 sucks but it's all I can use at work. I use FF at home.
    Understandable. I think JB uses Netscape at his workplace. :p

Yep it's just IE6 which is what I have at work too. Finally updating to IE8 but not til Oct. There will be a few things you notice that won't look right (i.e. quoted posts).

Is there a way to link your blog comments to the forums? It seems you could have two similar discussions going on at the same time or am I just confused?

Example:
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...20-Ways-to-Win

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...AA-Football-11
    Last edited by Rudy; 05-12-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: example

Is there a way to link your blog comments to the forums? It seems you could have two similar discussions going on at the same time or am I just confused?

Example:
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...20-Ways-to-Win

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...AA-Football-11
    Ahhhh....you found it. The comments on the main page ARE the same as comments in the thread (or should be).

Theoretically, a person can take part in all the NCAA discussion and never leave the front page. That should make the site be more appealing to people who like news, but not necessarily forums.

Isn't that the same conversation just displayed differently?

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I'm looking into that right now. Not sure it's possible, but I'll see what we can do. It's not looking like that is an option, unfortunately.
    For me, on PS3, if I click on the title I go to the first post. If i click on the poster or thread starter's name, I go to their profile. If i click on the little arrows, I go to the last page. That seems good to me.
    Last edited by steelerfan; 05-12-2010 at 12:34 PM.

I stand corrected. The look threw me off.

CDJ I've noticed that the friend's activity widget hasn't updated with any of the posts you guys have made here at all... The recent activity one is working fine but shouldn't the friends activity one display any posts you & JB make? Or does it just do threads you've started?
    Last edited by Kwizzy; 05-12-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    For me, on PS3, if I click on the title I go to the first post. If i click on the poster or thread starter's name, I go to their profile. If i click on the little arrows, I go to the last page. That seems good to me.
    Nice! Yeah that works just fine. I thought there HAD to be a way.