Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Feedback - May 2010

• Facebook
  • Display

Forum Feedback - May 2010

Now that we have some guys coming in for feedback, please use this thread to let us know what you like, don't like, what you want to see, etc. That goes for forums and the front page content.

Things are still a work in progress, but don't hesitate to share your thoughts. We'll be adding more each day hopefully, but not everything may be visible to you guys.

Tommy - the OD Tracker widget seems to be logged into or accessing your account. Can you log out then get the source code and update the widget? If not, it defaults to showing 'Oneback's OD for everyone who goes in there at first.

Hey guys,

Love the look and feel of the site. In general, it looks and feels very smooth and easy to navigate.

Really like the Information Central Link right at the top! Like I told CDJ, it took me quite awhile to find that thread on Utopia & when I did it was like, Damn, where have you been all my life?!?!

The recent activity & friends activity widgets are a real nice touch that'll come in handy. Also, the forum navigation bar & poll results on the left side are nice additions.

I'll keep lookin around & leaving feedback but I just thought I'd post my first impression thoughts. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Tommy - the OD Tracker widget seems to be logged into or accessing your account. Can you log out then get the source code and update the widget? If not, it defaults to showing 'Oneback's OD for everyone who goes in there at first.
    I think I have that fixed now... that's weird. I would have never thought it would have used my settings. I thought it was always a local user cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    The recent activity & friends activity widgets are a real nice touch that'll come in handy. Also, the forum navigation bar & poll results on the left side are nice additions.
    Can you tell me what you are seeing in both of those widgets? Any threads from admin forum showing up? One would be called 'People coming in early.'

Also, Kwizzy found something.....I thought I had it so new members couldn't have sigs, but I must not have set that up correctly. You can leave it in, that's the kind of finds we're looking for from you guys.

Make sure to spend a lot of time on the front page (see if you can find what you can do there) and click every button you can. See if you can do something you shouldn't.

Having trouble setting a custom avatar... Only option I have is a preset halmets list

Also, I'm seeing a thread at the top of the forum called "vBCms Comments", not sure what that is but thought I'd say something in case that's supposed to be for mods only.

Not seeing anything in those widgets that looks like I shouldn't be seeing it.

Having trouble setting a custom avatar... Only option I have is a preset halmets list

Also, I'm seeing a thread at the top of the forum called "vBCms Comments", not sure what that is but thought I'd say something in case that's supposed to be for mods only.

Not seeing anything in those widgets that looks like I shouldn't be seeing it.
    Right now, we have it set so new members can have an avatar, but only from the custom list. At 'other sites', new members can't have one period. Do you like or dislike that? I'll look and see at what point a custom avatar can be added. I know those who Donate here can get a custom avatar, but we aren't completely set up for that yet.

vBScomments are where news postings on the front page used to go, but we now have it defaulted to the NCAA News & Announcements and we will move any threads that don't fit. Think we should hide or yank that comments sub-forum so it doesn't confuse people?

Right now, we have it set so new members can have an avatar, but only from the custom list. At 'other sites', new members can't have one period. Do you like or dislike that? I'll look and see at what point a custom avatar can be added. I know those who Donate here can get a custom avatar, but we aren't completely set up for that yet.

vBScomments are where news postings on the front page used to go, but we now have it defaulted to the NCAA News & Announcements and we will move any threads that don't fit. Think we should hide or yank that comments sub-forum so it doesn't confuse people?
    I dunno, I would think if you've got the news and annoucements forum that might be unnecessary. Unless I'm missing something here...
    As far as Avatars, I guess it doesn't really matter to me because I'll be a paid subscriber once you're set up for it. But maybe you could let new users who sign up in the first month or so use one just for being here at the start or something? I don't know if it's possible to distinguish that based on when people register.

Something weird is happening here as I'm trying to reply. when I track my mouse over the comment box it moves the cursor around the text. Dunno if that might be the site or just my comp or what. It's scrolling the window up and down and sometimes changes the cursor location.

I assumed the vBScomments was something I shouldn't see. If it has no functionality, you may want to remove it. I love doing/seeing things I'm not supposed to. Ha! So, I'll keep trying.

I noticed the same thing about the avatars, it's a non-issue to me.

What I'm most pleased with is that the whole site appears to be fully functional on the PS3 browser, which is a big deal to me. I do 98% of my surfing on the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    What I'm most pleased with is that the whole site appears to be fully functional on the PS3 browser, which is a big deal to me. I do 98% of my surfing on the PS3.
    Oh wow, that's great. What about the video in this post: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...20-Ways-to-Win

I'm guessing that may be giving you fits.

But maybe you could let new users who sign up in the first month or so use one just for being here at the start or something? I don't know if it's possible to distinguish that based on when people register.

Something weird is happening here as I'm trying to reply. when I track my mouse over the comment box it moves the cursor around the text. Dunno if that might be the site or just my comp or what. It's scrolling the window up and down and sometimes changes the cursor location.
    That might be a good idea. Let members in the first month have a custom avatar or maybe allow new members to have a custom one, but it will be small in size.

I haven't had that reply issue, but what browser are you using?

That might be a good idea. Let members in the first month have a custom avatar or maybe allow new members to have a custom one, but it will be small in size.

I haven't had that reply issue, but what browser are you using?
    Internet Explorer... it's not doing it now, but I'll keep an eye out for it again.

Yeah and on the Avatar, it's not a big deal... Letting anyone have one might cut down on your subscribers, so you wouldn't wanna do that.

A couple other things i just noticed...

-When I click on podcasts on the top of the home page it says I don't have permisson to access that page. Dunno if that's what you intended or not.

-Also, when I click on a thread title in the recent activity widget, it takes me to the first post in the tread. Perhaps it would be best if it took me to the most recent one instead? Just a thought.
    Last edited by Kwizzy; 05-12-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Oh wow, that's great. What about the video in this post: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...20-Ways-to-Win

I'm guessing that may be giving you fits.
    The video is there and it plays, but it is tiny and doesn't appear to be able to be "full screened".

Also, just FYI, everything I've done so far (registering, posting, editing my profile, accepting friend requests etc.) has been done with my PS3 and/or BlackBerry. Very good news to me!

When I click on "Podcasts" from the "Home" screen, I get a "you don't have permission" message. Thought it may be because there are no Podcasts, but thought I should pass it along in case.

Also, I agree that the widgets are great.

While there's nothing in there, you should be able to click on and view the Podcasts page. I'll keep looking into this. If you eventually get in, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The video is there and it plays, but it is tiny and doesn't appear to be able to be "full screened".
    I've noticed that in Chrome the video plays full screen, but in FF it is tiny and leaves some coding underneath the video. It doesn't appear to be 100% compatible on all browsers.

First thread with multiple pages .... WOOOO!

While there's nothing in there, you should be able to click on and view the Podcasts page. I'll keep looking into this. If you eventually get in, let me know.
    I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Haha NICE! Hey I can get into the podcast page now.

Any thoughts on this? (I wasn't sure if you saw this since i added it to my post using edit)

"When I click on a thread title in the recent activity widget, it takes me to the first post in the tread. Perhaps it would be best if it took me to the most recent one instead? Just a thought."

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    We're burning up the interwebs here! Ha!