Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny (PS4, XB1; PS3, 360)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Man I don't even know how to get online
    Play through the single player, then a planet will unlock on the right called The Crucible. Then you can play Control online.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

If anyone still needs a beta code let me know. Apparently I was emailed one for both PS4 and PS3

If anyone still needs a beta code let me know. Apparently I was emailed one for both PS4 and PS3
    If you still have one for PS4, I'll accept it. . I had fun with the Alpha and looking forward to trying the Beta.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    If you still have one for PS4, I'll accept it. . I had fun with the Alpha and looking forward to trying the Beta.

PM'd

PM'd
    Awesome! Thanks!

So guys, I'm an Xbox guy so I'm left behind on Destiny a bit until this Wed. but can those of you who've played it give overall impressions and maybe compare and contrast between games like the Borderlands series which I love and the CoD series which I hate? I know Bungie also did the early Halo stuff so I'm sure it's a lot like that in many ways but I was never really a huge fan of Halo games. I'm hoping they have gone more towards Borderlands than Halo or CoD with this game and it looks like they may have with all the customization, different weapons, loot, exploration and all that but want to hear what you guys think before I get to see for myself Wed.

It definitely feels like Halo, but better.

I think Tommy or someone said it right where it's like Mass Effect and Halo combined.
    The dude abides.

Well Mass Effect is another of my favorite series so if I can get some of that, some Borderlands and some Halo all together sounds like a damn good time to me.

I just got an e-mail from Bungie saying I can play the beta now. I thought it was down til Wednesday?
    The dude abides.

So I played through what I think is all the story missions and then started playing some of the exploration side missions, haven't done the Strike or Crucible yet. So far I gotta say it's pretty amazing and a lot of fun. I'm not a huge FPS guy but as I said before I do love Mass Effect and Borderlands series. This game has a lot of similarity to those and doesn't seem very CoD or Battlefield which I'm not a huge fan of. I love the customization and loot elements of the game. Good stuff for sure, can't want to play more till Sunday and then Sept 9th can't get here soon enough.

I love the MMO-style home base where you can upgrade stuff.
    The dude abides.

Yeah so far really don't find anything I don't like, although proximity chat would be cool in everything other than the Crucible for those random encounters.

My biggest complaint is that the AI for the enemies is awful. The biggest challenge I faced wasn't because of smart AI but rather because of quantity of the enemy. That and the robot spider that is a bullet sponge but even that pretty much stayed in one spot so it was fairly easy to kill.

It seemed to me that the lower level enemies just charge you for sure but some of the higher level stuff seem to use cover, albeit not very well as they seem to go in and out of cover but at least they try and keep moving around. I do understand what you mean though. Hopefully that is something they can tweak between now and when the game goes gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Kernzy View Post
    It seemed to me that the lower level enemies just charge you for sure but some of the higher level stuff seem to use cover, albeit not very well as they seem to go in and out of cover but at least they try and keep moving around. I do understand what you mean though. Hopefully that is something they can tweak between now and when the game goes gold.
    I know those one tall ones with the green eye are one hit deaths. Or if they use their "gun" it's like 2 shots and your gone.

I have found them in the basement of this one area and it's been impossible for me to get even close. Think it's 2-3 down there, not sure haven't gotten close enough to tell lol

I know those one tall ones with the green eye are one hit deaths. Or if they use their "gun" it's like 2 shots and your gone.

I have found them in the basement of this one area and it's been impossible for me to get even close. Think it's 2-3 down there, not sure haven't gotten close enough to tell lol
    Those guys are level 18 skip! Stepped on me like a bug

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Those guys are level 18 skip!
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Those guys are level 18 skip! Stepped on me like a bug
    Haha

I know they hit me with their sword I think it is and it's over. I tried getting up close thinking they were like the others.

When you try to identify them all that shows is ???

As expected with me not being very good at FPS PvP shooter modes I got DESTROYED in the crucible my K/D rate was less than .5 after several rounds. Maybe I'll get a little better or the matchmaking will get better but if not I doubt I play much of the PvP stuff. Of course there are 5 other PvP modes so we'll see what those have to offer come Sept 9
    Still loving the game overall though, I've played on 360 and XB1, cool think I didn't know is you can play characters and progress across both of them. I started on 360 then got onto XB1 figuring I'd have to create a new guy and do all the stuff again from the beginning but nope, can just pickup on the XB1 right where I left off on the 360.
    Any 360 or XB1 guys want to Fireteam-up over the next few days feel free to let me know GT: Coach Kernzy

My k/d is so wild from match to match. There will be times that I'll put up a 0.5 dud, then there are times when I put a 2 or 3. In most shooters my k/d averages right under 1.
    The dude abides.