Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny (PS4, XB1; PS3, 360)

• Facebook
  • Display
    1 for 1 on getting Legendary item from Legendary engram. Should I retire while I am ahead?

Also, starting late tonight (early Tuesday):

An update to Destiny tomorrow will give players a slew of new Bounties made available through a temporary event called The Queen's Wrath.

The Queen, who you should remember from the Reef in the campaign (if you managed to trudge through it), is sending an emissary to the Tower who is "prepared to reward Guardians who extinguish enemies of the Reef." In last week's teaser, Bungie promised new Bounties and "challenging mission modes," but didn't get into any specifics. With The Queen's Wrath beginning tomorrow, we'll keep an eye out for any more details Bungie may share.

The Queen's Wrath begins tomorrow and will run through October 6. Successfully completing these new tasks will reward you with Legendary Gear (HA!) and Rare Gear (more likely).

Over the weekend, Destiny featured a Combined Arms playlist in the Crucible, giving PvP fans a taste of "all out war on a massive scale" with vehicular combat.

Link

When Destiny’s Crucible Hands You a Team of Quitters, Only Dance Can Save You

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/09...-can-save-you/

The dude abides.

FYI, I love Skirmish. 3v3 with the ability and rewarding for revives was a lot of fun.
    The dude abides.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah, they have no problem fixing something like that in a timely manner. Meanwhile, all the actual problems like the unbalances in Crucible which have been present since the Alpha still aren't fixed. Makes sense.

Looking for someone to do the raid with. lvl 27 Titan.

The loss of the cave was bad but they went even further by removing the ability to get shards out of Legendary items the Queen Wrath gives you. So if you get a repeat or unwanted weapon/armor, congrats on the waste of time. I have no issues finding purple stuff, it's anything starting with the word "ascendant" that is a PITA to find.

Well at least Xur will be around in a couple hours.

Well, I guess if you want one of the most overpowered guns in the game and have 23 strange coins, you can join in on the fun. Xur, the weekend vendor, is selling the Suros Regime Auto Rifle. Easily one of the most dominant guns you can get in the game, especially in the Crucible. I'd imagine that this would take an already massively unbalanced mode and make it even worse, so hopefully not too many people get it.

The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience. These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.

Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.

Cryptarch Changes 
    Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.

Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
    Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
    Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

Activity Changes

Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards

Item Changes

Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
    Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already...
    It would've been really nice for Legendary engrams to produce AT LEAST Legendary items at launch (so I didn't waste probably 25 Legendary engrams that turned into blue items), but at least that garbage is finally getting corrected.

Also, very nice giving rewards of blue/purple engrams for completing weekly events. They're much more worthwhile now. Also, this should have been there from the start. Good rewards for completing objectives = people don't have to farm for shit.

Finally, LMAO @ them turning purple engrams people stashed in their inventory into blue ones. That is so ass backwards I don't even know where to begin. I wasn't doing this in the first place, but I know a lot of people were doing that in hopes they would eventually patch Legendary engrams to produce only Legendary or higher items (which they are), so those doing that are getting screwed.

Loot Cave 2: Not exactly a cave but it will do.

Leave it to impatient fucks in this day and age to do nothing but go around from one grind zone to another instead of playing the fucking game the way it was meant to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

Leave it to impatient fucks in this day and age to do nothing but go around from one grind zone to another instead of playing the fucking game the way it was meant to be played.
    With as poorly as this game was designed, you kind of have to. Maybe not for weapon engrams, but for other materials.

Perfect example:

You need certain materials from the world to upgrade Legendary/Exotic items. Lots of them. To fully upgrade my Exotic Rifle, 72 Helium Filaments are needed(among other things, but that's the key one) and the absolutely only ways you can get them is by finding them laying on the ground or in chests on the moon. Therefore, quite literally the ONLY way in the game to get enough to upgrade that ONE weapon, is to farm chests.

Everyone is quick to defend Bungle, but they just don't realize how awfully designed so many mechanics of the game are.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    With as poorly as this game was designed, you kind of have to. Maybe not for weapon engrams, but for other materials.

Perfect example:

You need certain materials from the world to upgrade Legendary/Exotic items. Lots of them. To fully upgrade my Exotic Rifle, 72 Helium Filaments are needed(among other things, but that's the key one) and the absolutely only ways you can get them is by finding them laying on the ground or in chests on the moon. Therefore, quite literally the ONLY way in the game to get enough to upgrade that ONE weapon, is to farm chests.

Everyone is quick to defend Bungle, but they just don't realize how awfully designed so many mechanics of the game are.
    Well, with reading this thread about how many problems there are with this game, I'm glad I never made it up to Gamestop to pick up my pre-order. Had to wait until that Friday for payday and by the time I got done with work and was able to finally just relax for the weekend on Saturday morning, I just never got around to going and picking it up. Probably a good thing at this rate with all these issues with the game.

It's not as bad as Beatn is making it out to be. CDJ and I have put in a shit ton of time into the game and having a blast.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

It's not as bad as Beatn is making it out to be. CDJ and I have put in a shit ton of time into the game and having a blast.
    I find it to be Borderlands 1.5 without the humor and a story that is horrible, not to mention having to go to a website to get more detail on the story with the ever annoying Grimoire cards. I am thankful for Destiny since Gearbox shit the bed by not putting the upcoming Borderlands game on XB1/PS4. What is fun is the gameplay. Just finished the Queens Order by myself and it is was extremely difficult, yet rewarding. Outside of getting a Legendary I already had and had to scrap it for nothing.

As for the farming, if you want to level up your character above 20 it is a necessary evil. The cave shooting works because you get a bunch of blue engrams, along with the occasion legendary engram that help you level up with the Cryptarch, which after each upgrade you get the possibility of more Legenday engrams. It also produces a bunch of coins which come in handy. He is the easiest to level up and get more rewards due to the farming.

There is a ton of stuff wrong with the game. They need more variety in the strikes, which is my big issue but as someone who has put in 50+ hours in the game, I got more than my moneys worth.

Story is weak. I'll agree there.

The dude abides.

You aren't even to the point where you're going to be seeing the issues besides from the garbage story. The garbage design kicks in after level 20 and after you've beaten the game. Or just play the Crucible - the garbage design is visible 24/7 in that mode.

As Doughty said, if you want to level up past 20, you HAVE to farm. There's absolutely no way around it. You need to farm marks/rep with the Vanguard/Crucible Master/Factions in order to buy weapons/gear. To upgrade that Legendary/Exotic gear, you need to farm chests to find the materials needed (I'm talking a couple hours of farming AT LEAST just to fully level one item).

It's truly not well thought it. I should be given these things through regular game play, or better yet, not require materials at all for upgrades. However, with how it is now, you 100% NEED to farm to rank up past 20. You'll see once you get that high. There's truly no way around it and it's a poorly designed game because of it(and many other things).

I'm halfway to 25 right now.

The dude abides.

I'm halfway to 25 right now.

If you've got 1 exotic armor piece and the rest is Legendary, you're about to experience the poor design in regards to the ranking up system. Once you get the exotic + full legendary set, the only way to rank up is to farm for upgrade materials, something I'm not about to do, so I guess I'm stuck at 27.

The game play itself is solid. It's just a pity the rest of the game pretty well sucks. Hopefully they get the stuff patched up. It reminds me an AWFUL lot like how Diablo 3 was at launch. They eventually listened - it'll be interesting to see if Bungie can do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    The game play itself is solid. It's just a pity the rest of the game pretty well sucks. Hopefully they get the stuff patched up. It reminds me an AWFUL lot like how Diablo 3 was at launch. They eventually listened - it'll be interesting to see if Bungie can do the same.

I think Bungie is listening. it's not like the franchise is going to go away anytime soon. They have even made fun of themselves regarding the decisions they have made. It is after all a new IP. Give it some time. Once those expansion packs roll in my money is they pull a Borderlands and start raising the LvL cap.

The only thing holding me back from level 28 and possibly 29 are the lack of ascendent shards. I really wish there was a vendor that sold shards and materials for glimmer.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 09-26-2014 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I think Bungie is listening. it's not like the franchise is going to go away anytime soon. They have even made fun of themselves regarding the decisions they have made. It is after all a new IP. Give it some time. Once those expansion packs roll in my money is they pull a Borderlands and start raising the LvL cap.

The only thing holding me back from level 28 and possibly 29 are the lack of ascendent shards. I really wish there was a vendor that sold shards and materials for glimmer.
    Yeah, the shards are going to be a problem, because you can't farm those. As far as I know, they are completely random. I think you get some for dismantling Legendary/Exotic gear, so people may have to sacrifice stuff to upgrade the gear they like the most. I've currently got 28 and I know most of those is from doing exactly that.

To fully upgrade my Suros Regime, I'm going to need 18 Ascendant Energy, which I have a whopping 5 of.

I do agree with what you said, though, and I'm going to give them time. I am just very disappointed with the end game and how awful the Crucible is.