Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Destiny (PS4, XB1; PS3, 360)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Glad I bought Taken King. Played some Rift last night. That was a lot of fun.

The good thing about Year 2 stuff is it trumps my exotic and legendary gear so I have a ton of goodies for dismantling.
    The dude abides.

Does Xur still deal in Strange Coins? After the upgrade and dismantling a lot of exotic and legendary stuff, I have a boatload.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Does Xur still deal in Strange Coins? After the upgrade and dismantling a lot of exotic and legendary stuff, I have a boatload.
    Yes, he offers a few exotics a generic exotic engram and new to 2.0 he offers something called the "three of coins." It gives you a greater chance of an ultra boss dropping and exotic. You can stack for a greater chance. I bought 5 and stacked them for one of the ultra bosses. Got zilch, not even a rare engram.

Of course it only took a few hours for an exploit. Move over loot caves, three of coins is a far better drop. Bungie knows about this and is going to patch it so you may not get the chance.

I did pretty much everything I wanted in Destiny. If I played multiplayer or raids it would have stayed in the library. Traded it to my neighbor for Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate edition. Hoping the next edition is an actual Destiny 2 with new planets and a greater variety of side-quests. Not just repeating the same 10 or so.

So happy I ended up resisting all the hype and never bought this game.

I play a lot of multi-player so for me it was worth getting.
    The dude abides.

Suhweet. Got The Dealbreaker!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Cool, have to wait till Wed. (Arms Day) to get the Scout Rifle I ordered from the gunsmith for leveling up with him.

Finally found one online mode I actually like. Mayhem! Just a blast and having the Titan Axe is like 3 free kills per use.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Cool, have to wait till Wed. (Arms Day) to get the Scout Rifle I ordered from the gunsmith for leveling up with him.

Finally found one online mode I actually like. Mayhem! Just a blast and having the Titan Axe is like 3 free kills per use.
    I wasted Strange Coins on an exotic engram today didn't get a year 2 weapon. At least you get more strange coins now than before. Already back up to 19.

Got the Dealbreaker when I hit level 40.

The dude abides.

Remember Tess from Special Orders in the tower. She disappeared and now she is coming back.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/...paign=Blogroll

With EMOTES for sale. Microtransactions for Destiny!!! Normally this would not be a big deal since they are not integral to the game but this is Activision and obviously a test to see how much money they can start milking out of their customer base, bit by bit.

In not so evil news.

http://kotaku.com/sources-destiny-wi...-ne-1734800399

And the developers at Bungie will be doling out free story content every few months until next fall.

This is all part of a new plan that could start as early as this month, according to two people familiar with Destiny’s development. Rather than sell big expansion packs like they did last year, Bungie is planning on giving out quests and missions for free, sources say. This will likely involve big drops every few months until the fall of 2016 but could also include trickles of smaller stuff throughout the year.

That means the game’s next paid expansion will be Destiny 2 in the fall of 2016, as has been known for a while now. That’ll be $60.

Okay that is nice for the price of The Taken King.
    The dude abides.

Xur has the Hereafter sniper rifle today. First new gun after Taken King. If someone hops on, tell me the price please

The dude abides.

Strange Coins definitely come to you a lot easier.

Bout TWO things from Xur tonight. There Hereafter and this badass helmet with antlers

The dude abides.

Funny, my son was telling it's harder to get strange coins now. He needs some more to buy that new gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Funny, my son was telling it's harder to get strange coins now. He needs some more to buy that new gun.
    I blew my strange coins right after getting Taken King on a worthless exotic engram. I got a nice bonus after the big update. Since then I've bought three exotics where pre-Taken King, I'd rarely get to buy anything.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I blew my strange coins right after getting Taken King on a worthless exotic engram.

Is this Prison Lingo?

Last edited by Rudy; 10-17-2015 at 12:02 PM.