Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: steelerfan's FIFA 13 Career Mode Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    watching the Liverpool/Swansea match is giving me an itch for some FIFA. How is 13 compared to 12? My main complaint from 12 was it was far too offensive of a game/too easy to score.
    I'm secretly tweaking a few sliders again as the scoring has gotten a bit high (3.81) this season. That said, 13 is much better than 12, imo, in Career Mode. However, online is a goal fest unless you play All Manual Controls - which is a headache - as far as I'm concerned.

Offline, you can make it what you want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I'm secretly tweaking a few sliders again as the scoring has gotten a bit high (3.81) this season. That said, 13 is much better than 12, imo, in Career Mode. However, online is a goal fest unless you play All Manual Controls - which is a headache - as far as I'm concerned.

Offline, you can make it what you want.

yeah with no TGT Cup to defend it would be an offline career mode. Saw it on sale at Amazon for like $40 so I'm tempted.

I've been having a blast with it. Especially after moving across the pond and taking a European job. I'd recommend FIFA 13 to anyone.

The Wanderers finally break out of their recent run of bad form with a 2-1 win at Burnley.

Djaniny got things started by burying a shot into the bottom corner from 13 yards just nine minutes in and, five minutes after Burnley pulled level, Leigh Griffiths - who came on for Djaniny at 73' - squeezed a loose ball under the opposing keeper to put Wolves ahead to stay at 78'.

Danny Mantom registered an assist on the Djaniny goal.

The win moves Wolves to eighth in the table at 7-5-4. On Tuesday, they will host eleventh-placed Middlesbrough (7-2-7) and boss Dominic Kinnear is considering returning club captain Ezequiel Munoz to the lineup as he is back in training after suffering a knee sprain.

November 3, 2015

Thirty-year-old Left Back Stephen Ward, with the club since 2007, has officially turned in a transfer request to Dominic Kinnear. Ward has been vocal about his disappointment in his lack of playing time this season.

The Irish national has appeared just 4 times this season - all in league play. Expect the club to honor his request when the transfer window opens in January.

A penalty conversion in stoppage time robbed David De Gea of a clean sheet, but Wolves easily dispatched Middlesbrough on Tuesday night, 3-1.

Jack Sampson returned to the scoresheet after an eight game absence heading in a Djaniny volley at 8' to get the scoring started.

An Elkeson header was inadvertently directed in by Lala for an own goal, just two minutes later, to give Wolves a 2-0 lead.

Djaniny recorded a goal of his own, from 19 yards, after a brilliant thorough ball from Albert Adomah at 35'. Dominic Kinnear's club worked the clock in the second half, holding on for the result.

Next Tuesday night, Wolves will visit Barnsley in the final match ahead of the upcoming international break. Wolves (8-5-4) are currently sixth in the league table, while Barnsley (2-6-9) are entrenched in the relegation zone in 23rd.

Andrea Branzani came off the bench to score a goal on a penalty and added 2 assists as Wolves twice rallied from 1-goal deficits to top Barnsley, 4-2, on Tuesday night.

Branzani, who himself is recovering from an injury, came on at 30' after Jack Sampson exited with an elbow injury. Andrea's presence was immediately felt as he converted from the spot at 36' and assisted Djaniny's first goal at 45'.

Djaniny would score on an impossible strike from the corner of the 6-yard box at 70', again assisted by Branzani.

Branzani came off at 72' for Leigh Griffiths who added Wolves fourth score at 76', from Jamie O'Hara, to secure the points for Wolverhampton.

After the victory, Wolves' boss Dominic Kinnear announced that Jack Sampson, the Championship League's leader in goals, had broken his elbow and would miss about two months for the club.

Going into the upcoming international break, Kinnear has his club in 6th place in the league table at 9-5-4 and trailing the second placed side, Derby County, by just four points.

Kinnear will now head back to South America to continue World Cup Qualifying with his Ecuador squad as they face Argentina and Columbia on Saturday and Wednesday, respectively.

Ecuador is gaining a reputation as the best first half side in South America. Unfortunately, they're also the worst in the second half.

Jefferson Montero's vollied strike at 28' held up at the break as Ecuador looked to stun the recent Copa America winners, Argentina, on Wednesday night. However 5 second half goals, including a hat trick from Lionel Messi broke Ecuador. Only a Christian Noboa narrow angle goal in the match's final minute stopped the barrage as Argentina won easily, to no one's surprise, 5-2.

Ecuador Manager Dominic Kinnear will try to regroup his side, who are 0-1-2 in World Cup Qualifying, for Saturday's clash with Colombia (1-1-1). Through 3 Match Days Ecuador are bottom of the group table, while Columbia are fifth.

Last edited by steelerfan; 02-18-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Ecuador showed all of South America that they really do not have any backline in their squad as, despite registering 5 goals, they lost to Columbia, 6-5, to remain winless in World Cup Qualifying at 0-1-3.

A penalty conversion at 49' by Andrea Branzani and a late goal from substitute Leigh Griffiths at 89' were not enough as Wolves dropped points to Brighton & Hove, 3-2.

Wolves (9-5-5) remain in sixth in the table and will visit thirteenth placed Nottingham Forest (6-6-7) on Saturday.

Saturday's visit to Forest brought a 2-2 result. After conceding twice in the first 31 minutes, Wolves pulled level before the half starting with a brilliant sliding redirection of an Albert Adomah low cross by Elkeson at 33'.

Adomah added to his assist by netting a goal of his own on a through ball from Ezequiel Munoz in first half stoppage time. The sides played the second half to a stalemate, despite numerous chances.

Early on, Wolverhampton lost versatile midfielder Jamie O'Hara to a broken ankle after landing awkwardly following a mid-air collision. Wolves' boss Dominic Kinnear projected a 3-month timeline for O'Hara's return. The injury will likely mean an increase in time for 21-year-old Central Defensive Midfielder Danny Mantom, during O'Hara's absence.

The sixth-placed Wanderers (9-6-5) will host the league leaders, West Bromwich Albion (15-4-1) at Molinuex Stadium on Tuesday night.

Andrea Branzani (7'), Elkeson (68'), and Djaniny (83') all found the back of the net on Tuesday night as Wolves held off league-leading West Brom at Molinuex Stadium, 3-2. For the Albion it was just their second loss in a league match this season (15-4-2).

Elkeson and Djaniny, along with Sebastian Torres, also registered assists as Wolverhampton moved into 5th in the Championship League table with the victory to start the month of December.

Dominic Kinnear's club now have ten days off before resuming league play with a visit to 20th-placed Bournemouth (6-3-12). The Wanderers record currently stands at 10-6-5.

Elkeson and Albert Adomah (twice) served up assists to Djaniny who scored one of the most improbable hat tricks in Wolverhampton history as Wolves rallied from a 2-0 deficit, after going a man down, to upend Bournemouth, 3-2.

Kieran Gibbs was shown a straight red card in the 62nd minute that led to a penalty concession and the two-goal deficit. Djaniny, however, scored at 68', 70', and 71' to stun the opponents and get the result.

Fifth-placed Wolves (11-6-5) will have to host Notts County (2-4-16), who are bottom of the table, without Gibbs next Saturday. Gibbs picked up a 1-match ban for his sending off against Bournemouth.

I have switched to Legendary skill level and Full Manual Controls. I am currently using Orion's sliders from OS. This was my first career match under that setup.

Djaniny registered another hat trick as, along with Andrea Branzani's goal, Wolves took a 4-2 result from bottom-feeders Notts County on Saturday night at Molinuex Stadium.

Albert Adomah recorded a pair of assists and both Elkeson and Adam Hammill found the scoresheet with one helper as the fifth-placed Wanderers improved to 12-6-5 on the league season.

Dominic Kinnear's side will host ninth-placed Huddersfield (10-6-7) on Tuesday night as Kieran Gibbs returns, from his suspension, to Wolves' lineup.

For clarity's sake, the last match I played was on World Class. I didn't notice that I had to change the skill level in my Career, since all sliders are saved in the front menu under Customize FIFA.

That said, going forward all matches are on Legendary with Full Manual Controls.

On Tuesday night, Wolves were soundly beaten by Huddersfield Town, 3-0, at Molinuex Stadium.

The Wanderers (12-6-6) remain in fifth place in the table and will visit eighth-placed Blackpool (11-5-8) on Boxing Day to close out 2015.

Disgruntled Fullback Stephen Ward, 30, is expected to be sold during the January Window and it is believed that boss Dominic Kinnear will be looking to add strength to a backline that has been heavily criticized for it's inconsistent play.

Andrea Branzani headed in an Albert Adomah corner at 8' to get Wolves off to a flying start at Blackpool on Saturday night. However, the Wanderers came apart in the second half, after Blackpool scored the equalizer in first half stoppage time.

The end result was a 4-1 loss to close the calender year for Wolverhampton.

With the transfer window set to open in a few days, Dominic Kinnear's side announced that they have listed Steven Mouyokolo. The 28-year-old center back has not featured with the club this season and has, apparently, fallen out of graces with management.

After falling behind early, Albert Adomah - who Wolves have been approached about by Celtic - scored at 24' and Djaniny added a goal of his own at 59' but the Wanderers conceded at 90' to finish level with Crystal Palace, 2-2.

Adomah assisted Djaniny's score while Richard Stearman was credited on Adomah's goal.

Sources close to Wolves' boss Dominic Kinnear have said that the club is seeking a "much higher" figure for Adomah's services than what Celtic has offered.

On Sunday, the club announced that they have signed 17-year-old CDM Phil Stephens to a 2-year contract as a promotion from their youth academy. The Englishman, Stephens (60 OVR), will be loan listed by Wolverhampton.

Monday afternoon Kinnear announced that England-native Kwesi Hines, 16, had also been signed to a 2-year deal from the Wolverhampton youth academy. Hines (64 OVR), a striker, will also be made available for loan, per Kinnear.

Wolves also announced that Jack Sampson will rejoin the first team's training sessions as he continues to recover from a broken elbow.

Ahead of Tuesday's clash at Ipswich Town, word came that Celtic have rejected Wolverhampton's $11M asking price for the services of Ghana-born wide midfielder Albert Adomah. However, rumors have begun circulating that Athletic Bilbao have submitted a bid for the highly-sought 28-year-old.

Wolves (12-7-7) have earned just one league point in their last 3 matches and have slipped out of a playoff spot and into seventh in the table. Ipswich Town are twelfth in the table at 10-7-9.

"South Bank" was sung throughout Tuesday night's match at Ipswich Town as Wolves' supporters reminded them that the South Bank Terrace at Molinuex was well represented amongst the quiet Ipswich crowd.

Djaniny (54', 68') scored a brace and was joined by Elkeson (21') and Leigh Griffiths (81') on the scoresheet as Wolves, who only conceded on a penalty, won easily, 4-1.

Elkeson also assisted on Djaniny's two goals, while Danny Mantom and Andrea Branzani recorded one assist each.

The win vaults Dominic Kinnear's side into sixth place and back into a playoff spot.

On Saturday, Wolves will host West Ham United in Round 3 Proper of the FA Cup. The Hammers are currently 14th in the Barclays Premier League.