Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: steelerfan's FIFA 13 Career Mode Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    On Saturday, the 15th, Wolves will travel to open the Championship League season at Norwich City.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

The trip to Norwich, considered the club to beat in the Championship League, did not go according to plan. The Canaries scored early, and often, en route to a 4-0 decision.

Wolves were sloppy and unorganized in the back all day and never really looked like a side that could contend this season.

To add injury to insult, Jamie O'Hara sprained a knee in the loss and will miss about a month going forward. With the CAM out, Kinnear is expected to move Elkeson to CAM and plug Jack Sampson into the spot vacated by by the Brazilian Striker.

On Tuesday the 18th, Wolverhampton will visit Reading as the Wanderers try to get the young season headed in the right direction.

Jack Sampson's goal in the 85th minute saved Wolves from a third straight loss to open the season as Wolverhampton drew at Reading on Tuesday. Sampson has both of the Wanderers goals on the young campaign and, once again, his score came from a ball which the opposing keeper failed to parry from danger. Wolves escaped certain defeat to earn a 1-1 result.

Wolves will host Ipswich Town on Saturday at 3:00 PM.

Saturday afternoon brought Ipswich Town into Molinuex Stadium as a club with 3 victories in 3 matches and as a side that had not conceded a goal on the season either. When Ipswich took an early lead, just twelve minutes in, it appeared Wolves were headed for another tough outing.

However, Jack Sampson scored at 53' and again just one minute later to give the Wanderers a 2-1 lead. Sampson's brace meant that he had all 4 of Wolves goals on the young season. That changed when Andrea Branzani, whose play has been a focus for manager Dominic Kinnear in the press, converted a penalty at 81' to put Wolverhampton comfortably ahead as they held on for a 3-1 result - their first win in 4 matches, across all competitions, this year.

Ahead of Tuesday's match at Crystal Palace, Wolves have met the demands of SL Benfica and are in negotiations with 24-year-old striker Djaniny. Additionally, offers for Jack Sampson are pouring into the club as he has 4 goals in 4 matches early in the campaign.

Last edited by steelerfan; 02-08-2013 at 10:04 PM.

On Tuesday at Crystal Palace, Wolverhampton once again faced a deficit and once again Jack Sampson delivered salvation.

After conceding on a penalty at 49', Wolves found themselves in a 2-0 hole, but Sampson's second consecutive brace salvaged a draw for the Wanderers. Sampson scored at 50' and again at 85' to lift his side to the decision. The 22-year-old English frontman has become a hot target in this window from clubs such as Manchester City, Bordeaux and Valencia.

Just ahead of Saturday's league clash with Blackpool, Wolves announced that they had struck a deal with striker Djaniny to complete his move from Benfica. The Wanderers purchased the 24-year-old native of Cape Verde Islands from the Portuguese side for $3.5 M and Kinnear may feature his new forward on Saturday.

Djaniny's deal is said to be 5 years and worth $45k per week.

It was a stellar debut for Djaniny on Saturday as he paced Wolves to a 4-0 win over Blackpool. The new arrival won Man of the Match honors by scoring a hat trick for his new club. Goals at 31', 76', and 90' were the rewards for the numerous chances that Dominic Kinnear's new striker created.

As a whole, it was the Wanderers first complete match of the season. Jack Sampson assisted on 2 of Djaniny's scores while Elkeson converted a penalty (35') and added an assist of his own. Keeper David De Gea kept his first clean sheet for the club and Wolves dominated every phase of the match with an up-tempo style that was not visible in the season's early matches.

Monday's Transfer Deadline saw Wolves sell 19-year-old Goalkeeper David Eardley (57 OVR) to Portsmouth for $300k. Otherwise, the club was not active on the market before the window closed.

Last edited by steelerfan; 02-10-2013 at 06:24 PM.

I've decided to sim all of my International Friendlys, just as I do for my club squads.

I just simmed the latest international break and my Ecuador side got a 2-0 win over New Zealand, followed by a 1-1 draw with Australia.

A 3-2 loss at Huddersfield, out of the international break, was made worse with injuries to Djaniny, Elkeson, and Andrea Branzani.

Before coming off, Djaniny scored at 64' to halve a 2-0 deficit. Jack Sampson got Wolves within one again, after they fell behind 3-1, with his sixth league goal at 84'.

Branzani, who has been relegated to a substitution role since Djaniny's arrival, could not use his opportunity to show that he deserves to be on the pitch as he suffered a hyper extended knee after just 11 minutes on the pitch, after coming on for Djaniny.

Elkeson (sprained knee) will miss about 3 weeks while Djaniny is expected to be out for a month. Branzani should be fit for Tuesday's clash with Bristol City.

Andrea Branzani registered a pair of assists - one to Jack Sampson (28') and the other to Albert Adomah (38') as Wolves earned a 2-1 result over Bristol City.

On Saturday Wolverhampton (3-2-2) visit Cardiff City (5-0-2).

The clash with fourth-place Cardiff City was as exciting as advertised on Saturday as the sides played to a 3-3 draw. Cardiff twice had multi-goal leads (2-0, 3-1) but the Wanderers, behind Jack Sampson's brilliant hat trick, fought back to earn a point.

Sampson, who tops the Championship League with ten goals, scored three times from narrow angles to increase his lead in the race for the Golden Boot. His first came at 37' and halved the Cardiff lead going into the break.

Just three minutes into the second half, Wolves faced another 2-goal deficit. After Dominic Kinnear shored up a floundering back line by bringing on Stephen Ward and Roger Johnson then moving Ezequiel Munoz inside, Sampson provided late heroics at 78' and 82' to pull his club level.

With Elkeson and Djaniny back in training from injury, Wolves (3-3-2) will host Leicester City (3-0-5) Saturday at Molinuex Stadium. Neither of the recovering forwards is expected to be featured by Kinnear.

Goal output from unlikely sources seemed to be the theme of Saturday's 3-2 Championship League win over Leicester City for Wolverhampton.

Jamie O'Hara opened the scoring at 20' and was followed by Albert Adomah (41') and Richard Stearman (67') as Wolves improved to 4-3-2 and into eighth in the table. Among the scorers, only Adomah, who has finished twice this season, had previously scored for the Wanderers on the season.

On Tuesday, Dominic Kinnear's squad will visit Leeds United at Elland Road. The Whites (3-3-3) are currently fifteenth in the league table.

After a late equalizer for the Whites, Andrea Branzani converted from the penalty spot -where he failed earlier in the match - in the final minute of the 90 to lift Wolves to a 2-1 result over Leeds United.

Jamie O'Hara opened the scoring at 45'. For O'Hara, it was his second goal in as many matches which could make for a tough decision for Dominic Kinnear when Elkeson returns from injury. O'Hara has moved forward to the central attacking position in Elkeson's absence and had begun to flourish in his new role.

Sebastian Torres and Jack Sampson were credited with assists in a match that will be remembered as much for officiating as it will for the play on the pitch. A total of twelve fouls (9 to Wolves) and 5 yellow cards (4 to Wolves) were apportioned by match official Derek Milborrow who also awarded three penalties - with only Branzani's second being converted.

The victory moves Wolverhampton (5-3-2) into sixth, a promotion playoff spot, in the league table. Kinnear stated, following the win, that Elkeson would feature in Saturday's league clash with Charlton Athletic at Molinuex Stadium. Kinnear added that Djaniny would be available to him, but will not start. The Addicks are ninth in the table at 4-4-2.

Andrea Branzani scored a first half brace with a 17-yard laser off a through ball from Jack Sampson at 15' and brilliant header at 24' from an Albert Adomah corner as Wolves held off a comeback effort after the break to earn the points with a 2-1 result over Charlton Athletic.

Elkeson returned to the Starting XI and Djaniny came on in the final seven minutes and immediately showed what Wolves have missed in his absence with a pair of good chances created through pace.

Wolves (6-3-2) have lept into 4th in the league table and will visit 5th place Derby County (6-2-3) on Tuesday ahead of a week-long international break. Wanderers' boss Dominic Kinnear said that he will not start Djaniny, who is still not 100%, but that he will not, if needed, wait until the dying embers to bring him on.

Andrea Branzani scored a fourth straight Wolverhampton goal, from the spot, just eleven minutes in but an equalizer for Derby County at 83' meant a 1-1 draw for the clubs on Tuesday night.

For Wolves, the big news coming out of the match were the injuries to Georg Margreitter (knee) and Kieran Gibbs (elbow). While Gibbs should be fit when Wolverhampton gets back to work after the international break, the injury will likely keep him from featuring with England.

For Margreitter, the news is not so pleasant. His injury looks to keep him sidelined for 3 weeks which could mean he will miss matches for Wolves after the break.

Dominic Kinnear's club remain unbeaten in their last six, entering the layoff, and are still 4th in the table at 6-4-2.

While a handful of his players will represent their countries in the upcoming week, Kinnear will head to South America to manage his Ecuador squad as they begin Qualifying for the 2018 World Cup.

Ecuador will face Uruguay and Peru in the first of their eighteen Group Stage matches over the next two years.

Last edited by steelerfan; 02-13-2013 at 12:50 AM.

In Ecuador's World Cup Qualifying opener, a near-perfect first half was followed by a disastrous second half collapse as Dominic Kinnear's squad succumbed at Uruguay, 4-2.

Christian Noboa opened the scoring at 14' and Jefferson Montero gave Ecuador a 2-0 halftime advantage with a goal at 32'.

Uruguay was not bothered with the deficit and caused Kinnear's side to concede four times in the second period to win Saturday's clash.

Ecuador will face Peru on Wednesday.

Another fantastic first half, this time against Peru, was followed by a collapse in the second half as Ecuador conceded twice after the break to draw with the Peruvians, 2-2.

Jefferson Montero netted both of Dominic Kinnear's squad's scores, at 29 and 36 minutes, but Ecuador closed the international break with just 1 point in their opening 2 World Cup Qualifying matches. Those results leave Ecuador in seventh place, among 10 sides, in the group table at 0-1-1.

Kinnear will immediately head back to England as his Wolverhampton club hosts Watford (2-3-7) on Saturday.

Djaniny returned to the Starting XI for Wolves on Saturday and had an immediate impact, with a bottom-corner strike from 18 yards at 14'.

With Kieran Gibbs back in the lineup and Georg Margreitter still out (knee), Wolverhampton's back four had a pair of lapses that allowed Watford to score at 45' and again in first half stoppage time to take a 2-1 lead into the break.

Albert Adomah struck a laser from 17 yards at 56' to draw Wolves even - which is how the match ended - at 2-2.

Wolves (6-5-2), who slipped to sixth in the table with the draw against Watford, will visit fifth placed Hull City (7-3-3) on Tuesday in an important early season clash.

Despite dominating the Tigers, Wolves conceded the match's only goal at 51' after a handball was called against Elkeson in the area.

57% Possession and a 22(10) to 10(5) shot advantage were not enough as Dominic Kinnear's squad displayed extremely poor finishing throughout the match, as the rain poured onto the pitch.

Wolves Captain Ezequiel Munoz was forced from the match in the first half with a knee sprain and is expected to miss upwards of a month.

Wolverhampton (6-5-3), who remain sixth in the table, will host seventh placed Sheffield Wednesday (7-2-5) at Molinuex Stadium on Saturday.

Wolves slump continued on Saturday, and in horrendous fashion. A 6-2 home loss to Sheffield Wednesday brought Dominic Kinnear's club's mark to 0-2-2 over their last 4 matches and dumped them to ninth in the league.

Elkeson converted from the spot at 17' and Roger Johnson headed home a corner at 41', but otherwise a depleted backline continually watched as keeper David De Gea retrieved the ball from his own net.

Striker Andrea Branzani was lost, for up to a month, with an ankle injury that the club is calling a severe sprain.

Georg Margreitter is expected to be fit for next Saturday's league clash at seventeenth placed Burnley (5-3-7). Wolves record now stands at (6-5-4).

watching the Liverpool/Swansea match is giving me an itch for some FIFA. How is 13 compared to 12? My main complaint from 12 was it was far too offensive of a game/too easy to score.