Thread: Practice in Online Dynasty

• Facebook
  • Display

Practice in Online Dynasty

I am in my first year as the Auburn Head Coach in the 4th season of an online dynasty. I am able to use my custom playbook in games, but when I go into the practice mode in the OD, I am stuck with what I assume is Auburn's standard playbook. The load screen comes up for my custom playbook, but then it is not what shows up in the practice.
    Is this a bug in the game, or is there something I am missing?

It's a bug... I haven't figured out how it's triggered but seemingly random in the offseason, if you have your custom playbook selected in your coach philosophy, then that next season it will start working for you. It won't happen every offseason but just make sure you have your CPB selected and you at least have a chance.

I changed to my custom playbook year 1 and am now in year 2. My custom playbook just doesn't even show up in practice mode. Everything is blank, no practice today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tako 715 View Post
    I changed to my custom playbook year 1 and am now in year 2. My custom playbook just doesn't even show up in practice mode. Everything is blank, no practice today.
    That one I've never seen before...

G, I've had a custom PB selected every offseason. That can't be all there is to it.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Thanks for the replies. I've been using the custom playbook, and had it selected in my Coach Philosophy all 4 years of the dynasty. I was the OC at Virginia the first 3 seasons and never tried to use the practice mode. When I got the HC job at Auburn I wanted to use the practice mode to figure out how my new team fit with the playbook. That's when I realized it wasn't working. I've never had any problem with it in the dynasty games.

Besides Practice Mode in Dynasty, the only other problem I've had with custom playbooks is having blank pages show up in games. For example, if I had 4 formations to cycle through, there would be 4 blank formations making me have to cycle through 8. From what I could tell, all my plays where there, it just took longer to get to them.

Tako, you've had that problem this year? Recently? I don't immediately recall seeing that since NCAA 12.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

It happened in a ranked online game a week or so ago.