Thread: does anyone know if this is an option?

• Facebook
  • Display

does anyone know if this is an option?

I thought this was possible in past versions of this game, maybe I'm just getting old and hoping. If this is possible in this years NCAA 13 version please help an old guy out.

So my buddy and I play our darby matches, well we've taken a long break and now are getting back into the games. We want to play the bowl schedule, maybe 1 bowl game per night.

The problem is, is there any way to make it at a neutral site? We are playing online straight up lobby games, we just meet in the lobby and then invite one another to a game, then pick our teams but the home team is always AT HOME, is there a way to change the stadium?

I thought in the past you could do this, or was this only an offline option against the CPU?

If this is NOT an option for NCAA 13 I think it would be a cool add-on option for NCAA 14. They wouldn't even need to make new stadiums, just give us the option to change venues, i.e. orange bowl, sugar bowl, etc... most of those stadiums if they aren't already an NCAA team stadium should be modeled in Madden (i.e. superdome). They don't need the detail of Madden, but to have them in the game would be nice.

I don't think online play has the option of neutral site. In fact, I'm not even sure that option still exists offline.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    (i.e. superdome)
    i.e. Sugar Bowl?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I don't think online play has the option of neutral site. In fact, I'm not even sure that option still exists offline.
    i.e. Sugar Bowl?
    Right, don't they usually play a bowl, wasn't sure if it was always the Sugar Bowl, in the Superdome?

I'm just saying IF they do, it's modeled on Madden for the Saints right? Just saying it wouldn't a lot of extra work to add this feature. It gives us something to do once the season is over.

I'm assuming it's home-field advantage...we both at A&M as our favorite teams, when we start up in the lobby-ranked games it has both of us on A&M. I will be the away team for example and I have B-, B-, B, he will be home also A&M and his is A-,A, B why the differences in rankings if we are using the same teams? Is that home-field advantage?
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 01-08-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Right, don't they usually play a bowl, wasn't sure if it was always the Sugar Bowl, in the Superdome?
    Actually, I forgot that Tulane also plays home games in the Superdome. And the New Orleans bowl is also played there.

I'm just saying IF they do, it's modeled on Madden for the Saints right? Just saying it wouldn't a lot of extra work to add this feature. It gives us something to do once the season is over.
    I'm not sure what you're saying, actually. What does wanting neutral sites have to do with the Superdome and the Saints. Unless you meant if they don't have the stadium in the game. Like with the Bengals stadium or other locales that don't play host to college games or bowls.

I will be the away team for example and I have B-, B-, B, he will be home also A&M and his is A-,A, B why the differences in rankings if we are using the same teams? Is that home-field advantage?
    Home field advantage does not affect your team's ratings in any way. Sounds like something else is going on, though I don't know what, since I don't play Online lobby games.

Actually, I forgot that Tulane also plays home games in the Superdome. And the New Orleans bowl is also played there.

I'm not sure what you're saying, actually. What does wanting neutral sites have to do with the Superdome and the Saints. Unless you meant if they don't have the stadium in the game. Like with the Bengals stadium or other locales that don't play host to college games or bowls.

Home field advantage does not affect your team's ratings in any way. Sounds like something else is going on, though I don't know what, since I don't play Online lobby games.

I'm just saying if this is NOT in the game it doesn't seem like it would be a stretch to add these stadiums, but for the most part I think most are already in the game, no? I'm not sure who plays at Orlando, maybe Central Florida? There was a bowl game at Orlando.

The Capital One (formerly Citrus) bowl is played in Orlando, but UCF no longer plays its home games at that stadium. They have a separate stadium now.

I think there may be a problem with having the rights to those stadiums in the NCAA game. If the stadium has no connection to a college game, or college team, they may not be able to get the rights. I believe that's why some bowl games are still left out or played in generic stadiums. Also, there is the always present problem of having enough space on the DVD (for the 360).

That said, I do agree it should be possible/simple to play offline or online games at existing neutral site stadiums.

The Capital One (formerly Citrus) bowl is played in Orlando, but UCF no longer plays its home games at that stadium. They have a separate stadium now.

I think there may be a problem with having the rights to those stadiums in the NCAA game. If the stadium has no connection to a college game, or college team, they may not be able to get the rights. I believe that's why some bowl games are still left out or played in generic stadiums. Also, there is the always present problem of having enough space on the DVD (for the 360).

That said, I do agree it should be possible/simple to play offline or online games at existing neutral site stadiums.
    Ah yes, I can see what you mean, disk space and money would also be a big over riding factor. I'd just like to have maybe 3 or 4 random stadiums to pick from, I could have sworn this was an option in the past. Or they could just use the stadiums that are already in the game and you could pick a "neutral site" then the home-field would go away. It would just be a nice simple extra feature in my opinion.

Neutral sites were an option in the past, but I'm not sure when.

Neutral sites are definitely an option offline, I'd assume online as well. You can pick each of the bowl stadiums to play at, it'll have the bowl logos and everything. Just scroll through the stadiums.

This is what we do for the Bowl Blitz, play at the specified stadium.

No, you can't choose your stadium online, nor weather through typical measures. There is a convoluted work-around to where you start an offline game, exit out, then go start an online game... I know that gets you weather but not sure if that gets you the stadium as well.

Like psuexv said though, offline, you can choose any stadium as well as weather.

I thought that might be the case, E, it's just been so long since I did Play Now that I couldn't remember

Ok, thank you gents. I figured ya'll would know. Maybe/hopefully this could be something they could add into the next release.