Thread: Can't get past start screen

• Facebook
  • Display

Can't get past start screen

Yeah, so I'm having an issue right now. I was about to play my dynasty game with Texas State, but it sat there stuck trying to load the uniform screen before I finally said screw it and backed out to the 360 dashboard. Now when I try to load up '13, it gets stuck at the start screen, like the animation can't quite finish loading (the start screen is slanted and partly chopped off by going off the bottom of the screen).

Any ideas on what needs to be done to correct the issue? I'm at this very moment backing up all of my save files and roster files to my Cloud Saved Games storage option, so at least then I'll still have all my saved dynasty files if I have to go the nuclear route and delete everything. But I'm hoping that will not be necessary.

All i can think is that when I brought the disc home back in july it did the same thing the first two times. I pulled out the disk and fully cleaned it with a micro-fibre cloth and I haven't had an issue since.

Ok, maybe that's what the loading screen looks like, since it did finally load. I've never really sat there and stared at the Start Screen before, so wasn't sure if it was supposed to be angled like that or not. However, it took easily 3-5 minutes of sitting on the Start Screen, waiting for it to load up. Now I'm stuck at the Please Wait screen waiting for it to load up (already been over a minute). These loading times are beyond ridiculous. I'm gonna check out the disc and then shut the entire system down and reboot it, see if that doesn't fix or change anything.

Well, after another 3+ minutes of sitting there, it finally loaded up to the main menu, but now I'm stuck staring at the EA servers Connection Lost error message and no matter how many times I press A to say ok, the error message doesn't go away. This is confusing as hell, because just an hour ago, around 6, 6:30, I was sitting there in my dynasty doing all of my week one recruiting, getting it done before I played my week one game. I had no problems then. None of this crap started until I went to go start my game with Texas State, and tried to bring up the uniforms selection window.

Well, it doesn't appear to be my 360. It just took less than 60 seconds to go from the 360 dashboard to sitting at the main menus of FIFA 13 and connected to the EA servers, no hang ups, no lag, no delays, nothing. It's gotta be something with either my NCAA '13 disc or the files that are screwing things up.

Alright, so apparently it seems to be working now. Maybe it was the disc or it was the way the disc was sitting in and being read by the 360. FIFA 13 loaded up instantly and I played one match of my manager career with no problems. Turned off the 360 for a good half hour plus while went to take care of some business in the "office", came back, fired the 360 back up, wiped the disc to make sure it was clear, took out FIFA and put NCAA back in, and while it took slightly over a minute to get through all the loading screens and other garbage, it pretty much loaded right up.

I just loaded up my dynasty, sitting at the matchup screen for Texas State and Tulsa, and the uniform window popped up after only a second or two. So it seems to be working now. Only thing I can think of is it was just some little thing on the disc fucking it all up or the 360 for whatever reason just wasn't quite reading the disc right. Hopefully it only ends up being a one time thing and I don't have that issue again. If it starts to happen again and again in the future, I'm gonna get pissed.

That's what you get for scheduling Texas State.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    That's what you get for scheduling Texas State.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Nah, what I got for scheduling Texas State was my team almost screwing the pooch against them when I actually did play the game.