Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (PS3) Cold Dead Hands League

• Facebook
  • Display
    We're ready to roll. Get your games in and good luck. You have 72 hours.

Sorry guys. I recently had a family tragedy and I have had no want to play or really do anything at all. I'm afraid I'm going to have to retire. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ebarws6 View Post
    Sorry guys. I recently had a family tragedy and I have had no want to play or really do anything at all. I'm afraid I'm going to have to retire. Sorry.
    I'm sorry to hear about the tragedy, Ebarws ... my heart goes out to you, buddy. We understand completely.

Quote Originally Posted by ebarws6 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you're going through that. It's completely understandable, buddy.

I'll get a story up in the next 24 hours, but I'm ready to advance to Week 2.

I was the last player. Since ebarws retired, we are ready to advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    I was the last player. Since ebarws retired, we are ready to advance.
    Good deal. We'll advance tonight (Wednesday).

Guys I'm not sure who has Syracuse, but it looks like I have a head to head match up with you this week. Let me know what time works best with you to try and get this game in. Let's try and do it when you haven't had any sleep for a couple days. Seriously I am working all weekend and Sunday is my wife's b-day so if we could try to squeeze it in Thursday or Friday that would be great.

I can play anytime tonight, or on Thursday. Text me at 713-501-9259.

Ready for Week 3 (Bye week for RU). I will get a story put up tomorrow.

BTW, welcome to TGT nwamortie!

What's our status on the user vs user game? Are we going to advance tonight or wait? And what's up with the restarts against Florida, Pig? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    What's our status on the user vs user game? Are we going to advance tonight or wait? And what's up with the restarts against Florida, Pig? Lol.
    I'll check tonight on the user vs. user game and get back to you ... And me? LOL! I was getting my butt kicked at Florida as expected was down 42-7 with about 5 mins to go in the game, my daughter was done with the computer, turns off the power strip to the computer and because it's on the same power strip as the modem connected to my PS3 the game disconnects and I get a DNS server error and I can't reconnect after I restart the modem. I turn off the PS3 ... I restart both the box and the modem, attempt to just sim it and the game won't let me ... it says it doesn't have the proper amount of minutes ... I gave up last night at 11. I'll just sim the game when we advance.

Haha. That's funny. I'm in no hurry, btw, I have a bye next week anyway. I can certainly understand if we need to add a day or 2 when we have user vs user games. Just got quiet here, so I thought I'd ask.

Haha. That's funny. I'm in no hurry, btw, I have a bye next week anyway. I can certainly understand if we need to add a day or 2 when we have user vs user games. Just got quiet here, so I thought I'd ask.
    Yeah, Escobar and mortie are still trying to work out a time to play ... schedules just haven't meshed. They said they'd play it tonight or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by PigSooie View Post
    Yeah, Escobar and mortie are still trying to work out a time to play ... schedules just haven't meshed. They said they'd play it tonight or tomorrow.
    Uh ... I shoulda checked the online dynasty ... they played last night ... LOL ... we'll advance when I get home from work today. Looks like Escobar, mortie and EEHog have games this week, while SF and I can concentrate on recruiting!
    Last edited by PigSooie; 08-24-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Uh ... I shoulda checked the online dynasty ... they played last night ... LOL ... we'll advance when I get home from work today. Looks like Escobar, mortie and EEHog have games this week, while SF and I can concentrate on recruiting!
    Cool! I'll keep my eyes peeled and take care of my recruiting ASAP. Thanks for the update!

I wouldn't actually claim that I played in that game Gene. I sat there and watched as Escobar kicked my butt up and down the field. Is there anyway we could shorten the quarter length? I had to sit there for and hour and half while watching him just tee off on me.

Quote Originally Posted by nwamortie View Post
    I wouldn't actually claim that I played in that game Gene. I sat there and watched as Escobar kicked my butt up and down the field. Is there anyway we could shorten the quarter length? I had to sit there for and hour and half while watching him just tee off on me.
    LOL! Yes Tim ... in fact we're lowering the quarter length over the next few weeks when he plays me (USF) and SteelerFan (Rutgers). We'll call it the "Big East Mercy Rule". LOL! JK!

Wow! 8 turnovers, mortie!? I hope it was the rain!! Ouch, I may want to sim every year against Syracuse, lol.

Any way, my recruiting is done. RU is ready to advance.

PS Pig I saw your comment about losing your story to a glitch. If I can offer any advice on using Story Builder, it would be to type your stories outside of Story Builder and Copy and Paste them into it. That way, if it fails to upload, you don't lose your story. Also, I find IE 7 to be the most reliable for uploading.

Wow! 8 turnovers, mortie!? I hope it was the rain!! Ouch, I may want to sim every year against Syracuse, lol.

Any way, my recruiting is done. RU is ready to advance.

PS Pig I saw your comment about losing your story to a glitch. If I can offer any advice on using Story Builder, it would be to type your stories outside of Story Builder and Copy and Paste them into it. That way, if it fails to upload, you don't lose your story. Also, I find IE 7 to be the most reliable for uploading.
    I will admit that after awhile I really quit trying. Of those 8 turnovers he managed to return 4 or 5 for TD's. He went up 21-0 and the next play I had on offense threw to an outside receiver. He managed to pick off the pass with a LB and score a TD. so after the kickoff my next play on offense, I throw to an outside receiver and he managed to make another more athletic INT with another LB and return it for a TD. I think all of this was still in the first quarter. His LB's had better hands than my WR's.