Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (PS3) Cold Dead Hands League

• Facebook
  • Display

(PS3) Cold Dead Hands League

Console & League name - (PS3) Cold Dead Hands League
    * Once a friend asked me, when I was 35, how old I had to get when I’d finally quit playing video games, I told him (thank you, Charleton Heston) "They can have my PlayStation controller when they pry it from my cold, dead hands."

I'm 38 and still kicking and breathing! So yep, so far so good!

Rules
    League Difficulty: All-American
    Quarter Length: 8 minutes
    Teams available/custom conference layout: You can pick any team with 3-star prestige or lower … three humans max per conference … for scheduling purposes, I'm trying to limit the league to eight teams. Teams will be selected on a first come, first serve basis. As OD commish, I will select my team last to allow everyone to have first pick.

Just reply in this thread, state the team you want and I'll sign you up!

Schedule (How quickly will weeks be advanced): Every 72 Hours
    Ice the Kicker: Yes
    Auto-Sprint: No
    Recruiting difficulty: Varsity
    User vs. User Scheduling: Here in this thread on the forums.

Other Gameplay Rules
    Sim style. No-huddle when realistic, onsides when realistic.

We want to have fun (write stories and such), so the rules are going to be minimal, but at the same time lay off the stinkin' cheese. Don’t drop back 20 yards on every play with your QB or don’t sprint roll out from sideline to sideline on every play. And don’t go for it on 4th down when it’s not realistic. Use your common sense and your sense of fair play, if you don’t see it on Saturday, please don’t do it in this league.

Be a good sport! If you’re one of those people who can’t take losing gracefully or can’t win gracefully, DO NOT join this league. We’re all a bunch of friendly guys who just want to play online and have a good time. If you lose, you lose. Accept it, lab some more, strive to win next time and move on! ☺

And finally, play fair! Do not restart CPU games! We will sim you until you lose.

Sliders
    Speed Threshold: 15
    Offense

Defense/Special Teams

Roster

PAC 10
    Cal (EEHog)
    Washington (nwamortie)

Big East
    South Florida - McShamrock (aka PigSooie)
    Rutgers - Steelerfan
    Syracuse - Escobar
    Last edited by PigSooie; 09-22-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Spots are still available ... but they're going fast! LOL!

The only OD I've been in was last year with a buddy from across town. I joined the TGT one this year which is about to start. I think that one will be sloooow moving so I'm keeping an eye here in case I think I have time for a 2nd one. I don't want to commit until I have an idea of how much time the other one will take up. Feel free, of course, to move on without me.

You've got some time, steelerfan. Trying to get the league up to at least six PS3 folks. We'd like to have ya.

Okay men, boys and forum lurkers, we're aiming to start this week come hell or high water ... so if you're gonna get in, now's the time or you'll have to wait until the off-season of Year One. It's gonna be fun and we don't wanna leave ya out in the bitter tundra. So join up.

If you have any questions, concerns over sliders, levels, etc. Don't hesitate to post them here. I'll do my best to address them or answer any questions you might have.

Well I think I'll join. Sign me up for Stanford.

Have we decided on a roster to use?

Also, if allowed, I'd like to change some players in game to another player (Ex. Change the backup FB ingame to the real life backup, as he is not in the game.)

This dynasty looks to be exactly what I was looking for, and it's awesome we got some Pac-10 guys in here, too.

Edit: Pig, I'll send you a friend request on PSN.
    Last edited by ebarws6; 07-26-2010 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ebarws6 View Post
    Well I think I'll join. Sign me up for Stanford.

Have we decided on a roster to use?

Also, if allowed, I'd like to change some players in game to another player (Ex. Change the backup FB ingame to the real life backup, as he is not in the game.)

This dynasty looks to be exactly what I was looking for, and it's awesome we got some Pac-10 guys in here, too.

Edit: Pig, I'll send you a friend request on PSN.
    Thanks E, you're down for Stanford. And the Pac 10 is now closed as a conference as per league rules.

Rosters? We're using steelerfan's rosters. And we'll have to play rosters as they are. I don't want to get into too many roster and stats edits. It gets too complicated and I'm old. Hope that's not a deal-breaker. LOL!

We'll get started next Wednesday evening (Aug. 4) set in stone. I want to give TGT members more time to join (if interested and just waiting) and we've got a few schedule conflicts with league members this week. Me especially, I'm a SID and I've got a conference meeting that's gonna take three days instead of the usual two this year ... not that I'm complaining, we get to check out a Memphis Redbirds game as an add-on on the third day.

I'll select my team on Monday if we get more members ... if not we'll still start on Wednesday with four members.
    Last edited by PigSooie; 07-27-2010 at 01:13 PM.

I'm still considering this OD. The other one I'm in is just once a week and there's little interest in saving your own highlights and writing articles which is something I enjoy.

I do have a couple of suggestions, if I may.

First, since you've waited this long, there is going to be a Tuner set this week that is supposed to address recruiting and progression issues. I'd be in favor of waiting a couple of days to get it before starting.

Second, PigSooie, is there a team you prefer to use? With all 3 of the other members in the Pac-10, I'd be willing to join another BCS Conference with you for scheduling purposes. I'd prefer to not play in the Big 10 (using PSU in my other OD). I have a laundry list of teams I'm willing to take but I think my preference is Rutgers. If you have a preference outside of the Big East, I can adjust.

Lastly, I wouldn't be against using IronDragon's updates to my roster set.

I got a bit of a problem here... I am leaving on Wednesday until the 13th. I don't know how I will be able to work this out.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I'm still considering this OD. The other one I'm in is just once a week and there's little interest in saving your own highlights and writing articles which is something I enjoy.

I do have a couple of suggestions, if I may.

First, since you've waited this long, there is going to be a Tuner set this week that is supposed to address recruiting and progression issues. I'd be in favor of waiting a couple of days to get it before starting.

Second, PigSooie, is there a team you prefer to use? With all 3 of the other members in the Pac-10, I'd be willing to join another BCS Conference with you for scheduling purposes. I'd prefer to not play in the Big 10 (using PSU in my other OD). I have a laundry list of teams I'm willing to take but I think my preference is Rutgers. If you have a preference outside of the Big East, I can adjust.

Lastly, I wouldn't be against using IronDragon's updates to my roster set.
    I'm cool with all of your suggestions, SF ... I'm down with waiting until the tuner sets come out because it'll give ebarws a chance to play and it may address the issues ... we'll use Iron Dragon's roster updates since it seems to clean up some inconsistencies with rosters and positions.

As for what team I would use, I was thinking of using Nevada, Arkansas (Obvious reasons) , Air Force or Navy ( or basically any team with a solid run game and at least two fullbacks on the roster) ... but I'd take any of the remaining 3-stars in the Big East (UConn, Louisville, Wake Forest or USF) just got to check out the rosters to see if they could fit my play style.

I got a bit of a problem here... I am leaving on Wednesday until the 13th. I don't know how I will be able to work this out.
    No problem, we'll hold off a bit for the tuner sets ... When are you coming back?

I've played this series since Bill Walsh and I've never changed a school's playbook. Is that allowed? I'm just curious as to how you guys want to do things. I prefer a Pro Style, Oneback or Multiple offense. I like Ace, I, and Shotgun formations best. Just curious, I wouldn't be upset either way.

Quote Originally Posted by PigSooie View Post
    No problem, we'll hold off a bit for the tuner sets ... When are you coming back?
    The length of my absence may be problematic.

Sorry for double post, but what speed threshold will we be using?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I've played this series since Bill Walsh and I've never changed a school's playbook. Is that allowed? I'm just curious as to how you guys want to do things. I prefer a Pro Style, Oneback or Multiple offense. I like Ace, I, and Shotgun formations best. Just curious, I wouldn't be upset either way.
    Yeah it's allowed ... use any playbook you want.

Sorry for double post, but what speed threshold will we be using?
    I've been using the default settings for speed threshold ... I like them okay, but I'm always looking to improve the play ... any thoughts on this?

The length of my absence may be problematic.
    Nah. We've waited this long. What's a few more days' wait ... doesn't look like anyone else is gonna jump aboard, so I need to keep the guys I got.

Alright so I may be back on the 11th.

A couple things, I got to use the suggested sliders in practice before I left and I suggest reducing CPU pass coverage to 35, because at that point, the aren't jumping routes but are still playing good defense. Also, we should definitely look at luvtotha9s rosters as a viable option. He had the best rosters out there last year, and I think he will also have top notch rosters this year. They may not be out already, but they should be by now. I'll find a link and edit this post.

I will adapt to whatever sliders are used. Personally, I have CPU Pass Coverage at 55, but I wouldn't qualm with whatever is best for the group. Of course, I have INTs on 15, so that makes a difference.

I'm definitely open to most sliders, I don't care that much.

I'm definitely open to most sliders, I don't care that much.
    Was away this weekend. Let me run through a few test runs with the new tweaks before the 11th and I'll see what needs to be done to even things out. I'll definitely consider the suggestions and try them both SF and ebarws ... ready to get this thing started!