Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smooth Pancakes' Navy Midshipmen Dynasty

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Yeah, I figured that they took out the ability to turn them off because I haven't been able to find a way to turn them off either. It's been so long since I've played an NCAA dynasty where I got fired, I'm not sure what's going to happen in the game when your coach gets fired. Hopefully it lets you continue with a new coach or something. Pretty sure, in '07 or '08 when it happened to me (cupcake team that failed to win more than 3 games in 3 straight seasons) that I was pretty much stuck with starting over and not being able to continue the dynasty at all. Hopefully that doesn't happen here as well.
    Hmm, sounds like I might need to do some testing. Since I have a separate roster file saved with my edited Navy roster, and since I won't be even trying Maryland until tomorrow after today's whooping by Texas, I think I might fire up a simulation dynasty just to see what will happen a year or two in when my coach is finally canned. That's really got me wondering now how the game goes about it. I'm the same as you, it's been so long since I've actually be fired (or playing with the option to be fired turned on) that I have no clue how it goes about it this year.

I need to speed that dynasty up some. It's going to be really tough once I lose my two good WRs cause they have bailed my ass out so many times in games this season.
    At least you have two good receivers. I never thought I'd be so heavily looking forward to actually having the game dump walk-ons onto my roster.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-21-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Recruit
    LOL geez... they got the death penalty X10.

I'll be following along.

Holy shit! I am doing a dynasty with Navy and went undefeated year one and went to the eagle bank bowl but year two i went 10-3 i think. Buty jesus this is going to be nearly impossible for you, but good luck big guy, just PLEASE BEAT ARMY!

Yeah, I figured that they took out the ability to turn them off because I haven't been able to find a way to turn them off either. It's been so long since I've played an NCAA dynasty where I got fired, I'm not sure what's going to happen in the game when your coach gets fired. Hopefully it lets you continue with a new coach or something. Pretty sure, in '07 or '08 when it happened to me (cupcake team that failed to win more than 3 games in 3 straight seasons) that I was pretty much stuck with starting over and not being able to continue the dynasty at all. Hopefully that doesn't happen here as well.
    Ok, I created a test Navy dynasty last night and just plain simmed through each season to see what would happen. Season 1, I went 0-12 and my approval rating was non-existent. Season 2, I went 0-12 and my approval rating remained non-existent. Season 3, I went 4-8 (getting wins against rivals Air Force, Army, Rutgers and SMU) and was able to get my approval rating up to around 35-40%. However that wasn't good enough and I was fired.

When I was fired, a screen popped up saying I was fired for *enter reason here* and it gave me an option to find a new job with what was basically a list of 10-12 teams of basically the worst of the worst. It also gives you an option to create a new coach, so in my case at least, I could then go ahead and create a new coach and take over Navy with that coach, and essentially just begin a new coaching reign at Navy and continue on with my dynasty from there.

So we won't have to worry about the game just basically killing our dynasty the second we get fired like potentially was the case in '07 or '08.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    LOL geez... they got the death penalty X10.

I'll be following along.
    Yeah, maybe it would have just been better to just plain give Navy the death penalty and bring in someone else. At least I don't have to worry about hitting that peak of my dynasty and winning the national championship within the first or second or twentieth year.

Quote Originally Posted by jschwa17 View Post
    Holy shit! I am doing a dynasty with Navy and went undefeated year one and went to the eagle bank bowl but year two i went 10-3 i think. Buty jesus this is going to be nearly impossible for you, but good luck big guy, just PLEASE BEAT ARMY!
    Yeah, it's going to be a long, LONG time before I can ever dream or hope of going undefeated with Navy. Maybe by year 25.

Thanks for the luck, I think I'm gonna need it. And I'll try my best. God knows I hate nothing more than losing to Army. Though with as bad as this team is, one of the FCS teams in dynasty could probably beat me 100-0.

Week 1 Wrap-Up and Stats

ESPN Magazine

Not Part of the Plan

The #6 Gators are surprised by Miami University on opening weekend.

Around the NCAA

Upsets
    Miami University 15, #6 Florida 10
    Missouri 43, #9 Nebraska 24
    #23 Utah 31, #16Pittsburgh 21
    Fresno State 24, #24 Cincinnati 19

Shutouts
    #1 Alabama 33, Alaska State 0
    #3 Texas 136, Navy 0
    #10 Iowa 48, FCS West 0
    #13 USC 41, Hawaii 0
    #14 Miami 51, FCS West 0
    Notre Dame 56, FCS Northwest 0
    Boston College 55, FCS Northwest 0
    Stanford 52, FCS West 0
    UCF 40, FCS Southeast 0
    Cal 37, FCS West 0
    Army 37, Eastern Michigan 0
    Auburn 23, Arkansas State 0
    NC State 21, FCS Midwest 0
    Arizona State 20, FCS Southeast 0
    Wyoming 12, FCS Northwest 0

Blowouts
    #1 Alabama 33, Alaska State 0
    #2 Ohio State 49, Marshall 3
    #3 Texas 136, Navy 0
    #5 Boise State 59, FCS East 10
    #10 Iowa 48, FCS West 0
    #11 Wisconsin 61, UNLV 3
    #12 Georgia Tech 42, FCS West 7
    #13 USC 41, Hawaii 0
    #14 Miami 51, FCS West 0
    #15 Oklahoma 48, Utah State 17
    #20 Arkansas 34, FCS West 3
    #21 Florida State 56, FCS West 7
    #25 Houston 59, Western Kentucky 7
    Notre Dame 56, FCS Northwest 0
    Boston College 55, FCS Northwest 0
    Stanford 52, FCS West 0
    Texas A&M 51, FCS Southeast 3
    Washington 45, BYU 3
    UCF 40, FCS Southeast 0
    Illinois 42, FCS Southeast 3
    Clemson 42, North Texas 3
    Kansas 48, FCS West 10
    Cal 37, FCS West 0
    Army 37, Eastern Michigan 0
    Tennessee 38, FCS Southeast 3
    Buffalo 38, FCS East 3
    Central Michigan 38, FCS East 6

Nail Biters
    Miami University 15, #6 Florida 10
    #8 TCU 46, #19 Oregon State 38
    #23 Utah 31, #16Pittsburgh 21
    Fresno State 24, #24 Cincinnati 19
    Georgia 24, UL Lafayette 14
    Oklahoma State 20, Washington State 10
    Louisiana Tech 20, FCS Northwest 10
    Kent State 14, FCS East 7
    Southern Miss 31, East Carolina 24
    Louisville 23, Kentucky 17
    Baylor 28, FCS West 23
    Troy 38, Bowling Green 35
    Vanderbilt 17, Northwestern 14
    Purdue 17, Air Force 15
    Minnsota 21, Middle Tennessee State 19

Rivalry Games
    Missouri 43, #9 Nebraska 24
    Colorado 38, Colorado State 15
    Southern Miss 31, East Carolina 24
    Louisville 23, Kentucky 17

Top 25

Coaches' Poll

Others Receiving Votes:

Dropped Out:

Heisman Watch

Navy Recruiting Update

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Taking a look at Navy's recruiting charts after only one week of play, surprisingly, it does not appear that Texas' 136-0 whooping of Texas had any effect. In fact, it almost seems like the opposite has occurred, actually helping Navy's recruiting efforts.

Going into this season, Navy has drastically changed their recruiting methods. In past years, it was not unusual to see Navy stretching their resources far and wide in an attempt to bring in as many recruits as possible, sometimes attempting to go after as many as 35 recruits at a time, hoping to get at least half of those to sign at some point in the season. However, during the overhaul of the football program, Navy has adopted new recruiting standards.

Now during recruiting, Navy has taken to only targeting a more select group of players, as evidenced by their only targeting 20 players at the beginning of the season. The reason? Fewer players being targeted means more resources can be used towards luring that player to come to the Naval Academy. Another change by Navy has been targeting more and more players from their home state Maryland as well as their pipeline states, instead of trying to go after recruits from any and every state. Navy hopes the promise of being able to play close to home as well as having the ability for their friends and family to easily come to games or watch them on TV will help.

So far, one week into the season, it appears those new methods are working. Before Navy started this season, of the 20 players they were targeting, only one player had Navy listed as his top school. Six players had Navy listed as their second preferred school, while five players had Navy listed third, and eight players had Navy listed fourth. What do those results look like now? An astonishing change, as nine players now list Navy as their top and preferred school, as well as another nine players listing Navy as their second preferred school. The remaining two players have Navy listed in third.

In a single week, and after a 136-0 drubbing by Texas, Navy went from having only 12 out of 20 players listing Navy in their Top 3. This week? ALL 20 players have Navy in their Top 3. Perhaps Navy could see some light at the end of that tunnel as they slowly try to recover and right the ship after the scandal over the off-season.

Navy's Pipeline States: Florida, Pennsylvania, Texas, North Carolina, California, Georgia, Maryland, Ohio
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Good stuff man.

Glad to see you can create a new coach and continue on the same dynasty.

Thanks man. Hopefully the games will eventually become a little bit exciting (maybe Navy will actually get across the 50 yard line for a change) and I can try to spice this baby up.

Oh yes, I was so happy to discover that. Looks like I can suck it up in this dynasty for the next 10-15 years and not have the game screw me out of my dynasty after all.

So I just want to shout out a big, giant I HATE YOU to EA!

Two days after I start this thing, two days after I give up on Online Dynasty and create this as an offline dynasty, I am now able to finally get OD to work for me on EA's website! Two freaking days and this thing could have been an OD like I had planned. If I wasn't already two games into my season, I would probably say screw it, I'm starting over and making this an OD.

However, as I have already played Texas and Maryland, it's too late for that. So a bonus sports fans! Be on the lookout for an Alaska State Kodiak Bears dynasty sometime over the next month or two. It would be at least mid-August before I would even consider trying to do Alaska State alongside this dynasty, so it'll be a while. This Navy dynasty is mainly going to determine if Alaska State will purely be an online dynasty that you can follow as I go along, maybe typing up some small stories here and there on EA's OD site but not posting anything in terms of a conventional dynasty on here, or if I will try to juggle both a Navy and an Alaska State dynasty in conventional methods. Depending on what season I'm in and how this thing is going will probably be the deciding factor.

And with that said, be on the lookout for the Maryland game recap within the next hour or two. The stats are already good to go, just need to transfer the game pictures over to EA and then dump them into photobucket, and then get the game story written up. Hopefully this errand I'm about to run won't take too long and I can get back sooner and get the recap finished.

Damn dude. I will have to try my Nebraska Tech OD then to see if it works. My problem was it wouldn't transfer when I updated anything on the console.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Damn dude. I will have to try my Nebraska Tech OD then to see if it works. My problem was it wouldn't transfer when I updated anything on the console.
    Well, my issue mainly was that I couldn't access my dynasty at all online. I created three different dynasties thinking it was mainly a glitch, and every time, I would sit there looking at a screen saying "Retrieving Online Dynasty..." while trying to load it up. I'd go away from an hour, come back, it'd still be on that screen. Tried it in Firefox, IE8, and Chrome, all the same thing. All of this on Tuesday, after I was able to create 3 different test dynasties to work with OD somewhat on Sunday and Monday before I tried to create my Navy dynasty officially, and have those test dynasties worked without any issue.

I don't know if whatever my issue was, was finally fixed when they took the OD servers offline earlier today for some work/upgrades or what, but apparently I can now access my test dynasty I created Tuesday night with absolutely no issues. But since my Navy dynasty already has the first two games played, may as well put my 1 OD commissioner slot to use at some point in the future, and what better to use it on than my Alaska State teambuilder team.

Maryland Wins Crab Bowl Classic

Navy drubbed for second game in a row

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Another game, another triple digit loss. Yet another blow to Navy’s season as they slowly try to survive this first year after the scandal. Unfortunately for Navy, this game was over as soon as the ball was kicked off. 90 yards and a cloud of dust was all it took for Torrey Smith to put Maryland on the board before either offense would step on the field.

Torrey Smith breaking into the open during his 90 yard opening kickoff return for a touchdown.

Torrey Smith celebrating after his 90 yard kickoff return for a touchdown. He is either claiming Maryland is number 1, or simply stating that this was the first of what would be many touchdowns for Maryland this day.

Maryland signaled their intent to take full advantage of a depleted Navy squad much like Texas had, when after the Terrapin's second touchdown of the game, they attempted to go for a two-point conversion. However, too strong of a throw would force an incomplete pass due to catching the ball with a foot out of bounds, denying Maryland their chance of taking a 15-0 lead.

Maryland defenders had no problem breaking through Navy’s offensive line and harassing those in the backfield. Here Ricky Dobbs gets swarmed for a 2 yard loss during 1st quarter play.

Maryland defenders were also ruthless when tackling Navy ball carriers. Here Vince Murray gets body slammed by Alex Wujciak for a one yard loss.

There was however some promise to be found amongst all the wretched. Navy’s defense actually showed signs of life, holding Maryland to no more than 37 points in a quarter, and even holding the Terrapins to as little as 17 points in the 4th quarter. Navy's defense also managed to reach Maryland's quarterback during the second half and ended the game with three sacks recorded.

Navy’s offense also began to show signs of life this week, ending the game with 120 yards of total offense, 15 of those on the ground and 105 coming in the air. Navy was found very little offensive success during the first half, mustering only 5 yards on the ground and none in the air, but a second half injury to starter Ricky Dobbs, who was sidelined for the rest of the game with a bruised shoulder, allowed Kriss Proctor to bring Navy’s offense alive with a 3rd quarter drive across the 50 yard line for the first time of the season, extending it all the way down to the Maryland 23 yard line.

Ben Pooler intercepting Ricky Dobbs’ only pass attempt of the game.

It looked like Navy might finally find the scoreboard, if not from a touchdown, then surely from a field goal. However, it was not to be as the first play from scrimmage after reaching the 23 yard line, a fumbled carry up the gut by Vince Murray ultimately doomed Navy’s only major offensive drive of the game.

Alex Wujciak bringing down one of Maryland’s two interception off of Kriss Proctor during the second half.

Maryland ball carriers enjoyed wide open holes all day. Here Da Rel Scott blast into an giant hole on his way to a 19 yard touchdown run, one of four times he would find the endzone.

Navy also found some hope in the game by almost holding Maryland to less than 100 points. With less than a minute on the clock and Maryland at only 98 points, Navy had hopes of holding the Terrapins under 100. However, a Kriss Proctor pass from the Navy 20 yard line, intercepted just barely after it had flown past the line of scrimmage, was quickly returned 21 yards for a touchdown, sending the Midshipmen to another 100+ point loss.

Demetrius Hartsfield denied Navy any chance at losing by less than 100 points on this interception, which was promptly returned 21 yards untouched for Maryland’s final touchdown of the game.

Navy hopes to build on this game and maybe find more offensive and defensive success in their next game, but with a tough Stanford Cardinal next in line, a team that has outscored both two opponents thus far by a total of 103-6, that doesn’t appear likely to happen.

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter

2nd Quarter

3rd Quarter

4th Quarter

Team Stats

Offensive Player of the Game

Defensive Player of the Game

Honorable Mention

Injury Update

Up next: at
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Week 2 Wrap-Up and Stats

ESPN Magazine

D-Fence D-Stroys

Tennessee slows down the Ducks offense en route to a 14-7 upset of #4 Oregon.

Around the NCAA

Upsets
    Tennessee 14, #4 Oregon 7
    Virginia 19, #11 USC 9
    Vanderbilt 21, #14 LSU 14

Shutouts
    #6 Virginia Tech 41, FCS West 0
    #17 Arkansas 42, Louisana-Monroe 0
    Middle Tennessee State 59, FCS East 0
    Clemson 50, FCS East 0
    Northwestern 42, FCS Midwest 0
    Kentucky 41, Western Kentucky 0
    Louisville 38, FCS Midwest 0
    Tulsa 34, FCS Northwest 0

Blowouts
    #3 Texas 38, Wyoming 7
    #6 Virginia Tech 41, FCS West 0
    #7 TCU 57, FCS Southeast 7
    #17 Arkansas 42, Louisana-Monroe 0
    #18 Utah 43, UNLV 7
    #20 Missouri 48, FCS Northwest 7
    #22 Pittsburgh 48, FCS Midwest 10
    Middle Tennessee State 59, FCS East 0
    UConn 56, FCS Southeast 3
    Minnesota 54, FCS West 3
    Clemson 50, FCS East 0
    Boston College 52, Kent State 7
    Stanford 51, UCLA 6
    Northwestern 42, FCS Midwest 0
    Mississippi 44, Tulane 3
    Kentucky 41, Western Kentucky 0
    Louisville 38, FCS Midwest 0
    Washington State 48, FCS East 10
    Kansas State 51, FCS West 14
    Texas Tech 44, New Mexico 5
    Cincinnati 40, FCS East 3
    Purdue 45, FCS Northwest 10
    Arizona 42, FCS West 7
    Texas A&M 41, Louisiana Tech 6
    Tulsa 34, FCS Northwest 0
    Central Michigan 40, Temple 10

Nail Biters
    #1 Alabama 28, #15 Penn State 26
    Tennessee 14, #4 Oregon 7
    Virginia 19, #11 USC 9
    Vanderbilt 21, #14 LSU 14
    #21 Florida 16, South Florida 14
    Auburn 20, Mississippi State 10
    Washington 30, Syracuse 20
    San Diego State 17, New Mexico State 7
    Southern Miss 20, Bowling Green 10
    Rice 27, North Texas 17
    Louisiana-Lafayette 17, Arkansas State 7
    South Carolina 27, Georgia 20
    Ball State 13, FCS West 7
    Eastern Michigan 26, Miami University 20 - OT
    Florida Atlantic 36, Michigan State 31
    Toledo 17, Ohio 13
    Hawaii 27, Army 24
    Duke 29, Wake Forest 27

Rivalry Games
    #25 West Virginia 44, Marshall 17
    Maryland 105, Navy 0
    Duke 29, Wake Forest 27
    South Carolina 27, Georgia 20
    Iowa 37, Iowa State 13

Top 25

Coaches' Poll

Others Receiving Votes:

Dropped Out:

Heisman Watch

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-25-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Navy Recruiting Update

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Another drubbing on the football field, and another week of gains by Navy in the recruiting ranks. The biggest news of the week for Navy, was the commitment to the Naval Academy football program by blocking tight end Vincent Rogers. Rogers, standing at 6’3”, 195 pounds, hails from Dillon, South Carolina.

Rogers is rated as the 100th overall tight end in this year’s class and is ranked as only a 1 star player by Scouts, Inc. It was apparent that Rogers desired to attend the Naval Academy from day one as he instantly agreed and accepted Navy’s scholarship offer as soon as it was presented to him.

In signing Rogers, Navy was able to beat out East Carolina, South Florida, Wake Forest, Marshall, and Southern Miss for the commitment of Vincent. Academy officials are looking forward to seeing Rogers step onto the field in a Navy uniform next season and help transform what has been a dismal offense thus far this season.

Navy also had nine more players declare Navy as their top preferred school, bringing the total now up to a new record of 17 recruits that Navy tops the charts for. Of the remaining two players being targeted by Navy, both have Navy listed as their second preferred school, with Navy barely trailing behind rival Army for Sean Townes, and Army with a small, yet uncomfortable lead over Navy for Colin Terry.

Navy's Pipeline States: Florida, Pennsylvania, Texas, North Carolina, California, Georgia, Maryland, Ohio
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2010 at 08:57 PM.

And with that, this baby is officially on hiatus for the next 36-48 hours. I am now entering my weekly period of hell where work becomes an utter, living hell all day Fridays and at least the first half of Saturdays. So it'll be Saturday afternoon at the earliest before I even have a chance to play the Stanford game. If I'm feeling ambitious, I may have the Stanford game played and the Stanford recap, the Week 3 Wrap-up, and Week 3 recruiting update done by sometime Saturday night. Most likely it won't be until Sunday at some point though.

Stanford Claims Easy Victory

Navy holds Cardinal under 100 points, but controversy erupts

STANFORD, Ca. – Another game and another loss. However, Navy can claim some success from this game. For the first time in three games, Navy has finally managed to hold an opponent to less than 100 points. Stanford was hoping to become the third straight team to hit the century mark in points against Navy, however a defense looking more like a junkyard dog showed up on the other side of the line of scrimmage, holding the Cardinal to only three touchdowns in the first and second quarters.

Though Navy’s defense showed up to the game looking to make it a tough fight, when Stanford was able to get their offense rolling, it didn’t take long for them to make the Navy defenders look foolish. On Stanford’s first touchdown of the game, a well time juke and spin move by Jeremy Stewart exposed the bad pursuit route that was taken by Emmett Merchant, as Merchant went flying past Stewart in a diving attempt to make the tackle at the 5 yard line.

Jeremy Stewart jukes and spins out of the way of pursuing Emmett Merchant’s diving tackle attempt at the 5 yard line.

Jeremy Stewart jogs into the end zone to score Stanford’s first touchdown of the game after easily making Emmett Merchant’s desperation dive tackle attempt fail.

While Navy’s defense showed up ready to play and held tough, the Midshipmen offense looked their most sluggish of the season, barely able to even get out of the backfield. Multiple times ball carriers to barely able to get back to the line. Navy was held to negative rushing yards for most of the game before Gee Gee Greene and Aaron Santiago would manage to gain 14 yards on Navy’s final drive as the Mids attempted to kill some of the remaining time on the clock, bringing Navy back into positive numbers, though ending the day with only a total of 8 rushing yards.

Aaron Santiago rushes forward for a 4 yard gain during 4th quarter play, helping Navy to finish with positive rushing yards for the game.

The passing game didn’t look much better, with Ricky Dobbs being forced to dump the ball quickly under pressure from multiple defenders. As a result of this quick attack by the defense and limited time for accurate passes, Navy only managed 28 yards through the air in only two completed passes out of 24 attempts.

Ricky Dobbs gets sacked by Stanford’s Brian Bulcke for a 7 yard loss during 1st quarter action.

Ricky Dobbs barely gets the pass off as Stanford’s Michael Thomas closes in for the attempt sack.

This extreme lack of offensive production would limit Navy to only four first downs for the entire game, and only produce 36 yards of offense. The harassing Cardinal defense also made it a long day for Navy. It seemed at times like the Stanford defense was supposed to be in the backfield rather than the Navy offense as the front line easily pushed past Navy’s much weaker offensive line.

Despite nearly being yet another triple digit blowout, Navy’s players and fans showed plenty of fire in the closing seconds of the game as a nearly sideline clearing controversy occurred. Rather than just simply run down the last couple seconds on the clock, Stanford instead decided to go for one last touchdown, scoring on a 4 yard rush by Stepfan Taylor with only 5 seconds left in the game.

As Stanford was already up 90-0 at this point, and yet another Cardinal touchdown would do nothing but bloat the final score even more, many Navy players and fans become extremely hostile after Taylor dove into the end zone for the final score. It took the entire Navy coaching staff to keep an agitated Navy sideline from erupting into chaos.

Since the end of the game, Navy fans from the across the entire country have voiced very strong opinions against the Cardinal for that last touchdown, many calling it a bush league call by the Stanford coaching staff to simply further run up the score when only mere seconds were left on the clock. Navy fans have held no secrets that they want future blood on the gridiron against the Stanford Cardinal. However, as the two teams currently are not scheduled to play each in the near future beyond this season, it appears Navy fans and players may have to wait for their desired vengeance.

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter

2nd Quarter

3rd Quarter

4th Quarter

Team Stats

Offensive Player of the Game

Defensive Player of the Game

Honorable Mention

Injury Update

Up next: vs. #19
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Week 3 Wrap-Up and Stats

ESPN Magazine

Shootout!

No team likes traveling to Norman, but Boise State makes the best of it

Around the NCAA

Upsets
    Nione

Shutouts
    South Carolina 49, FCS Southeast 0
    Central Michigan 35, Eastern Michigan 0
    UAB 30, New Mexico State 0

Blowouts
    #1 Alabama 48, Duke 3
    #2 Ohio State 48, Ohio 10
    #5 Virginia Tech 35, East Carolina 3
    #8 Wisconsin 48, Arizona State 7
    #11 Oregon 63, FCS West 6
    Alaska State 42, FCS Northwest 3
    #16 Penn State 45, Kent State 7
    #17 Missouri 45, San Diego State 10
    Michigan 44, FCS East 3
    Wake Forest 43, Louisiana Tech 7
    Texas A&M 38, Florida International 6
    Fresno State 47, Utah State 17

Nail Biters
    #4 Boise State 45, #10 Oklahoma 38
    #9 Georgia Tech 21, North Carolina 20
    #18 Tennessee 36, #19 Florida 34
    #22 USC 22, Minnesota 14
    #25 Florida State 37, BYU 27
    Michigan State 31, Air Force 21
    Cincinnati 33, NC State 23
    Army 28, North Texas 19
    Clemson 14, Auburn 10
    Iowa State 17, Kansas State 13
    Connecticut 13, Temple 10 (OT)
    Purdue 29, Ball State 26
    Tulsa 30, Kansas 27
    UCF 18, UCLA 15
    Illinois 17, Buffalo 14
    Akron 15, Kentucky 12

Rivalry Games
    #3 Texas 45, Texas Tech 21
    #6 TCU 37, Baylor 21
    #14 Utah 31, New Mexico 14
    #18 Tennessee 36, #19 Florida 34
    #23 West Virginia 27, Maryland 3
    Central Michigan 35, Eastern Michigan 0
    Ole Miss 36, Vanderbilt 17

Top 25

Coaches' Poll

Others Receiving Votes:

Dropped Out:

Heisman Watch

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-25-2010 at 09:22 PM.

Navy Recruiting Update

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Another drubbing on the football field, and another week of gains by Navy in the recruiting ranks. The biggest news of the week for Navy, was the commitment to the Naval Academy football program by blocking tight end Vincent Rogers. Rogers, standing at 6’3”, 195 pounds, hails from Dillon, South Carolina.

Rogers is rated as the 100th overall tight end in this year’s class and is ranked as only a 1 star player by Scouts, Inc. It was apparent that Rogers desired to attend the Naval Academy from day one as he instantly agreed and accepted Navy’s scholarship offer as soon as it was presented to him.

In signing Rogers, Navy was able to beat out East Carolina, South Florida, Wake Forest, Marshall, and Southern Miss for the commitment of Vincent. Academy officials are looking forward to seeing Rogers step onto the field in a Navy uniform next season and help transform what has been a dismal offense thus far this season.

Navy also had nine more players declare Navy as their top preferred school, bringing the total now up to a new record of 17 recruits that Navy tops the charts for. Of the remaining two players being targeted by Navy, both have Navy listed as their second preferred school, with Navy barely trailing behind rival Army for Sean Townes, and Army with a small, yet uncomfortable lead over Navy for Colin Terry.

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2010 at 09:02 PM.