Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smooth Pancakes' Navy Midshipmen Dynasty

• Facebook
  • Display
    YES! FIRST OPPONENT UNDER 100! That should be a trophy or something from EA! Looks like this is going to take a while to get a win but I will continue to check it out.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Same here. Definitely still keeping an eye on this.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I may be getting my ass kicked, but it's actually the most fun I've had in a while. Looking at the schedule, I still don't really see anyone I can actually win against with this team (maybe I could get lucky against Army with my craptastic Navy team), but after I get past Houston here, I shouldn't have to worry as much about having 100 points dropped on me in a game. Houston could do it pretty easily with their passing game, but the rest I should at least be able to hold to 90 points or less.

Next season is where the fun is really going to begin, especially with the way my recruiting class is beginning to take shape.

Houston Rolls All Over Navy

600+ yards in passing for Cougars

Annapolis, Md. – Another loss, another 100 point loss, another ass kicking, etc, etc, etc. Instead of doing a big giant write-up, I’m just gonna let the pictures doing the talking as I’d be pretty much essentially repeating myself from the past three games.

Devin Mayes takes the opening kickoff 88 yards for a touchdown.

Devin Mayes and Matt Nicholson celebrate after an 88 yard kickoff return on the opening kickoff.

Caleb Lucas is tackled by James Cleveland during a 14 yard punt return.

Kevin Edwards is swarmed by Houston defenders during a 14 yard punt return.

Tyron Carrier takes back a punt return for 17 yards while Navy defenders trying to tackle him.

Aaron Santiago catches a pass before being tackled by George Bamfo for a 4 yard loss.

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter

2nd Quarter

3rd Quarter

4th Quarter

Team Stats

Offensive Player of the Game

Defensive Player of the Game

Honorable Mention

Injury Update

Up next: at
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Week 4 Wrap-Up and Stats

ESPN Magazine

Holding Their Ground

The home field hex is alive and well as Nittany Lions win close one against Temple

Around the NCAA

Upsets
    Indiana 24, #18 Tennessee 6
    LSU 26, #22 West Virginia 16
    UTEP 13, #23 Oregon State 10

Shutouts
    #2 Boise State 34, Wyoming 0
    #4 Texas 33, UCLA 0
    #7 Iowa 52, Ball State 0
    #19 Houston 116, Navy 0
    Michigan State 42, FCS Southeast 0
    Purdue 36, Toledo 0

Blowouts
    #1 Alabama 38, #10 Arkansas 7
    #2 Boise State 34, Wyoming 0
    #3 Ohio State 63, Eastern Michigan 7
    #4 Texas 33, UCLA 0
    #7 Iowa 52, Ball State 0
    #8 Wisconsin 49, FCS Northwest 3
    #11 Oregon 34, Arizona State 3
    #13 Utah 39, Alaska State 6
    #14 Oklahoma 56, Cincinnati 6
    #17 Missouri 55, Miami University 13
    #19 Houston 116, Navy 0
    Michigan State 42, FCS Southeast 0
    Iowa State 40, FCS West 3
    Purdue 36, Toledo 0
    UCF 39, Tulane 3
    Hawaii 49, FCS East 14
    Virginia 43, FCS East 10
    Northwestern 43, Central Michigan 10
    Notre Dame 41, Akron 10
    Kansas 36, New Mexico State 6

Nail Biters
    #16 Penn State 21, Temple 16 (Penn State scored a touchdown with 1:42 left to win the game)
    LSU 26, #22 West Virginia 16
    UTEP 13, #23 Oregon State 10
    Colorado State 30, Idaho 20
    Rice 28, Baylor 21
    Buffalo 24, Connecticut 17
    UNLV 20, New Mexico 13
    Arizona 28, Cal 23
    Nevada 23, BYU 18 (BYU is now 0-4 on the season)
    Marshall 27, Ohio 23
    Western Kentucky 17, South Florida 13
    Fresno State 25, Mississippi 23
    South Carolina 16, Auburn 15 (South Carolina kicked a 21 yard field goal with 14 seconds left)

Rivalry Games
    #5 Virginia Tech 36, Boston College 10
    #6 TCU 24, SMU 3
    Troy 31, Arkansas State 13
    Middle Tennessee State 33, Louisiana-Lafayette 20
    UAB 21, Memphis 12
    Marshall 27, Ohio 23

Top 25

Coaches' Poll

Others Receiving Votes:

Dropped Out:

Heisman Watch

Navy Recruiting Update

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – For one of the first weeks of the season, a recruit has not committed to Navy. However, the Midshipmen made large gains on their opposing teams for all recruits as well has had 10 of the remaining 17 recruits announce that they are ready to make official visits to Navy. The Midshipmen may not be doing pretty on the field, but off the field, this recruiting class is shaping up to be a great haul.

Navy's Pipeline States: Florida, Pennsylvania, Texas, North Carolina, California, Georgia, Maryland, Ohio
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Wow at those pipelines! Get into Alabama and Louisiana and you'll have all the good states locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Wow at those pipelines! Get into Alabama and Louisiana and you'll have all the good states locked up.
    Lol, yeah, that's one thing I LOVE about Navy. They have GREAT pipeline states!

And this dynasty is on hold right now. I was really hoping to have done an update last Wednesday or Thursday, unfortunately, I've been sick as all hell since last Sunday night, and still am sick right now a week later. Haven't even tried to touch my Xbox since Tuesday night, and this is my first time on my laptop since Wednesday evening. Even had to have someone fill in for my morning show on Saturday morning because I wasn't about to put myself through trying to drive for 30 minutes, at 65-70 MPH down US 24, at 3:30 in the morning, while I was feeling as horrible as I was during the week. And since my head is still hurting like a bitch, I'm not even gonna try to do anything on the Xbox for at least a couple more days. So maybe later this week I could get a game up. Otherwise it'll be next weekend or next week sometime.

So I've been thinking. While I've been laying here sick for the past week doing pretty much nothing but sleeping and watching TV now and then, I think I'm gonna change my scheduling rules. I'm still going to leave them intact for the most part so that I have some tough as hell schedules, but I want the ability to schedule series without completely breaking my own rules. With Navy in the past month announcing future games with Penn State, South Carolina, and just last week Southern Miss, I want to do some home and homes with opponents, instead of playing Houston this year and then maybe play them again randomly 7 years down the road.

So I'm going to add a rule to my scheduling recruitments allowing me to schedule series with teams, so I could play against Houston this season and then at Houston next season or two seasons from now or something. Basically have "contractually obligated" games with opponents that I need to fulfill instead of just playing random teams here and there and never play them again for a decade. Maybe in the process of it all I can have some teams sort of grow as "mini-rivals" where playing them every 2 or 3 years, you know you're always going to get a good game, maybe even some controversy, a la this year's Stanford game, instead of playing them every single year where it feels like it's trying to be forced as a rivalry or something.

I'm going to toss it around in my head some and think of how to incorporate it into the dynasty and other scheduling rules I already have and make it work.

Rutgers Leaves Navy in Flames

Scarlet Knights gains almost 1,000 total yards

New Brunswick, NJ – This game almost started off bad for Navy. The Midshipmen have a history of giving up touchdowns off of opening kickoffs, and this game appeared to be no exception. However, a holding penalty on the fullback ultimately doomed an 84 yard kickoff return, forcing Rutgers to start the game from their own 24 yard line.

That would be the only victory for Navy, as the first play from scrimmage saw Joe Martinek take it 76 yards to the house on the ground. Unfortunately after that, there was seemingly nothing Navy could do right. Rutgers proceeded to have a field day against Navy, racking up 76 points in the first half of play.

Joe Martinek breaks loose from Emmitt Merchant and Jerry Hauburger on his way to a 76 yard touchdown run.

After dropping 76 points in the 1st half, Rutgers was thinking about nothing but besting Texas and putting up 137 points or more. Unfortunately for Rutgers, their 3rd string offense was unable to do much, even against the overmatched Midshipmen defense, managing only a mere 17 points in the 4th quarter and 37 points total in the entire 2nd half.

For Navy, it was another triple digit loss in a season that has already seen many, and will most likely continue to see more.

Kordell Young takes a rush around the right end and turns it up field for a 62 yard touchdown.

It was a rough day for Navy’s special teams. On this early 1st quarter kick return, Caleb Lucas only manages 13 yards before being overrun by 10 Rutgers players. The only Rutgers player not involved in the mass tackle was the kicker.

Left defensive end Sorie Bayoh gets pressure on Ricky Dobbs, forcing an incomplete pass during 3rd quarter action.

As has been becoming a regular sight for Navy fans, Ricky Dobbs gets overwhelmed by the defense, resulting in a sack and a 7 yard loss, courtesy of left defensive end Jonathan Freeny, one of 8 sacks by the Rutgers defense.

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter

2nd Quarter

3rd Quarter

4th Quarter

Team Stats

Offensive Player of the Game

Defensive Player of the Game

Honorable Mention

Injury Update

Up next: Bye Week, then
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-02-2010 at 01:14 AM.

Week 5 Wrap-Up and Stats

ESPN Magazine

Oklahoma Rolls Over Texas

Oklahoma is on top of the world after beating rival #4 Texas

Around the NCAA

Upsets
    #13 Oklahoma 41, #4 Texas 20
    #16 Penn State 17, #7 Iowa 13
    Stanford 21, #10 Oregon 14 (Stanford is now 5-0)
    #25 Clemson 22, #14 Miami 17
    Washington 38, #19 USC 17

Shutouts
    #8 Wisconsin 34, Michigan State 0
    #24 Pitt 51, Florida International 0
    Rutgers 113, Navy 0
    SMU 41, Rice 0
    Temple 28, Army 0

Blowouts
    #1 Alabama 39, #22 Florida 9
    #8 Wisconsin 34, Michigan State 0
    #20 Florida State 37, Virginia 3
    #23 Fresno State 54, FSC East 3
    #24 Pitt 51, Florida International 0
    Rutgers 113, Navy 0
    SMU 41, Rice 0
    Auburn 49, UL Monroe 9
    Texas A&M 38, Oklahoma State 3
    Ohio 38, Eastern Michigan 3
    Mississippi State 37, FCS Southeast 3
    Toledo 34, Wyoming 3
    UTEP 43, New Mexico State 13

Nail Biters
    #3 Ohio State 21, #11 Nebraska 18
    #5 Virginia Tech 30, NC State 24
    #6 TCU 17, Colorado State 10
    #16 Penn State 17, #7 Iowa 13
    Stanford 21, #10 Oregon 14 (Stanford is now 5-0)
    #25 Clemson 22, #14 Miami 17
    Northwestern 31, Minnesota 21
    Texas Tech 46, Iowa State 36
    Louisiana-Lafayette 27, North Texas 17
    Arkansas State 26, Louisville 17
    Kansas 14, Baylor 7
    Washington State 31, UCLA 24
    Georgia 17, Colorado 10
    Connecticut 21, Vanderbilt 16
    New Mexico 25, UAB 20
    Louisiana Tech 26, Hawaii 21
    Northern Illinois 24, Akron 20
    Central Michigan 17, Ball State 13
    Tulsa 27, Marshall 24

Rivalry Games
    #1 Alabama 39, #22 Florida 9
    #13 Oklahoma 41, #4 Texas 20
    #20 Florida State 37, Virginia 7
    Rutgers 113, Navy 0
    Michigan 38, Notre Dame 22
    Maryland 31, Duke 10
    Memphis 33, Southern Miss 21
    SMU 41, Rice 0
    BYU 32, Utah State 7 (BYU’s first win of the season)
    Nevada 37, UNLV 26
    UTEP 43, New Mexico State 13

Top 25

Coaches' Poll

Others Receiving Votes:

Dropped Out:

Heisman Watch

Navy Recruiting Update

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Another week of recruiting, a second straight week of no commitments. However, middle linebacker Jeremy Anderson, currently sitting on top of Navy’s recruiting board, has soft committed to the Midshipmen and could officially sign on for next season within the next week.

As for the other rest of the players on Navy’s board, all but two players are either scheduled already for campus visits, or have signaled their readiness to come to campus for official visits.

Navy's Pipeline States: Florida, Pennsylvania, Texas, North Carolina, California, Georgia, Maryland, Ohio