Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smooth Pancakes' Navy Midshipmen Dynasty

• Facebook
  • Display

Smooth Pancakes' Navy Midshipmen Dynasty

Well, it’s time to continue my annual tradition of doing a Navy dynasty with each new game. Perhaps, with luck and a bad enough team, I can keep this dynasty going long term and maybe pull off a Prairie Dogs type dynasty spanning over multiple new game editions and maybe even surpassing that century mark of seasons. I can only hope.

I was planning to use Online Dynasty and just do a single player OD with this, and had been testing it out for a couple nights just making sure things would work how I wanted them to, and they worked great. Then when I went to officially create this dynasty, it refuses to load up when I go on EA's site. I even recreated it to see if it was just the dynasty, but even now, I am still stuck on a perpetual loading screen on EA’s dynasty website looking at a never ending “Retrieving Online Dynasty” screen.

So, I’ve said screw it. I wanted badly to use Online Dynasty for multiple reasons. It’ll keep track of stats for me, instead of having to sit here manually writing them down after every game. I plan on doing a Prairie Dogs type dynasty, so being hired/fired as a coach didn’t matter to me. And Navy will never leave Independent under my reign, so conference invites didn’t matter to me.

But since EA’s dynasty website refuses to work for me anymore (I’ve tried it on Firefox, IE8, and Google Chrome, and all the same thing), I’ve officially created this baby as an offline dynasty and will be going about it that way. Sadly it’ll just mean much more work and slightly less frequent updates in terms of game summaries and stuff as I now have much more I’ll have to write down after games and then put into the proper format to post on here.

With that said, time to get into it…

Dynasty Information

• Xbox 360, NCAA '11
    • Most likely 8 minute quarters
    • All-American difficulty
    • Game Speed: Normal
    • Player Min Speed Threshold: 50
    • Rosters: Will be using Fairdale King’s rosters for 360.
    • Sliders: Will be using Jaymo's Balanced All-American Sliders (tweaked as needed)
    • Offline Dynasty
    • Playbook – Offense: Navy (Triple Option) --- Defense: 3-4
    • Scheduling: Navy Scheduling Restrictions
    • Recruiting: Navy Recruiting Restrictions

Current Sliders (Currently Jaymo's All-American Version)

Background History

The Midshipmen football team represents the United States Naval Academy in NCAA Division I-A college football. They are a Division I Football Bowl Subdivision independent school and coached by Ken Niumatalolo since December 2007. Navy has 19 players and 3 coaches in the College Football Hall of Fame and won the National Championship in 1926 according to the Boand and Houlgate poll systems. The 1910 team also was undefeated and unscored upon at 8-0-1 (the lone tie being a 0–0 tie with Rutgers). Their mascot is Bill the Goat.

The Early Years

Navy football got started in 1879 when they played their first game against the Baltimore Athletic Club, ending in a 0-0 tie. Navy football returned again in 1882, where they experienced their first win, claiming an 8-0 victory against Johns Hopkins. Unfortunately, Johns Hopkins got revenge the next year with a 2-0 win over Navy. Navy and Johns Hopkins continued their impromptu rivalry yearly (playing twice a year for a period of years) up through 1889, with Navy enjoying many successful records as the years went on.

1890 brought about more regular schedules for Navy, including the first ever Army-Navy game, a 24-0 victory of Navy. Along with the more regular schedules, Navy continued their success on the gridiron, experiencing only two losing seasons between 1890 and 1909. 1910 and 1910 took that success to a new high. Navy football experienced it's first perfect season in 1910, finishing the year with a record of 8-0-1, with Rutgers forcing a 0-0 tie to be their only blemish. The next year saw Navy end with a 6-0-3 record.

One of the most impressive of those two years, is the fact of Navy's points given up. Navy was perfect on defense in 1910. The Naval Academy team as a whole outscored opponents 99-0 during the 1910 season. While the defense ultimately surrendered points during the 1911 season, it wasn't many, as Navy outscored their opponents that year 116-11, only giving up 5 points to Johns Hopkins and 6 points to NC State. Navy would continue their winning way, only having one losing season through the rest of the decade.

The His and Lows

The 1920s would see Navy start to pick up more losses, but the team still remained successful, claiming winning seasons multiple times over the decade. It would be 1926 however that Navy would reach the highest point of it's program. It was during this year that Navy claimed their best record, 9-0-1, ending their season in a 21-21 tie with rival Army. It was also this year that Navy would claim their first, and still only, national championship, being declared the national champions by the Boand and Houlgate Polls. Navy would continue to succeed on the field through the end of the 1920s. However, the 1930s were not as nice.

The 1930s brought about many seasons of near .500 or sub-.500 seasons for Navy. The only truly claims of success for Navy in the 1930s were the 1934 and 1936 seasons when Navy claimed 8-1-0 and 6-3-0 records. Navy also saw one of their lowest seasons in 1932 with a 2-6-1 record.

The early 1940s would see a rejuvenated Navy football team, reeling off six straight winning seasons, including ending ranked in the AP Top 10 in four of those years, with a high ranking of #3 in 1945. Unfortunately, the 1940s would quickly turn sour for Navy after 1945, as Navy fell to a funk of losing records every year through 1951, including Navy's worst year to date, a 0-8-1 record in 1948.

Navy would snap out of it however, once again going on a hot streak, rolling out winning seasons every year from 1952 through 1963, ending seven of those years ranking in the Top 10, including three seasons in the AP Top 5, and ending the season #2 in both the AP and United Press polls in 1963.

Unfortunately, Navy slipped into a slew of losing seasons by the mid 1960s, experiencing a winning record only twice between 1964 and 1977. Navy found their winning ways again, fielding winning teams every season between 1978 and 1982 before defeat reared its ugly, hideous head upon the Midshipmen yet again.

From 1983 on, Navy would not see another winning season for their football team until 1996. A second winning record in a row, in 1997, gave Midshipmen fans hope that the program had finally turned around, however their hopes were quickly dashed, as Navy fell back into losing obscurity between 1998 and 2002, with 2001 being their darkest days, the team ending the season with a winless 0-10 record.

The Beginning of a Streak

2003 however, brought about a breath of fresh air for Navy, as Paul Johnson’s triple option offense took root in the Midshipmen ranks and propelled Navy to a 8-5 record, only their third winning season since 1982. Navy then proved they were back to stay to their fans, clinching winning records in every single following year through current day, gaining a 3-4 records in bowls, with wins over New Mexico, Colorado State, and Missouri, while losing close tough games to Boston College, Utah, Wake Forest and failing to keep up with Texas Tech during their 2003 Houston Bowl matchup.

Navy further proved they were relevant again, finishing with no worse than an 8-5 record during their current streak of 7 straight winning seasons. In 2007, Navy proved they were a force to be reckoned with, when they snapped their 43-year losing streak and finally defeated the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 46-44 in triple overtime, only their 4th overtime game in school history, with their first overtime game occurring the year before in a one point loss to Tulsa.

Navy nearly defeated Notre Dame for a second year in a row, as the Midshipmen recovered two onside kicks and scored two touchdowns in the final two minutes of the game. However Notre Dame would ultimately hold on for the 27-21 victory. Navy would only have to wait one year to get revenge, defeating the Irish for the second straight game in South Bend, 23-21. It was also a significant victory as it was the first time an unranked Navy team had defeated a ranked Notre Dame team (ranked 22nd at the time) since 1936.

Navy also has enjoyed extreme success against their follow service academies, owning a perfect 14-0 record against Air Force and Army since 2003 and a 15-1 record since 2002. Navy has also possessed the Commander-in-Chief’s Trophy for the past seven straight years, the longest such streak since the creation of the trophy in 1972. Air Force had owned the longest streak immediately before Navy’s current streak, possessing the trophy six straight years from 1997 through 2002.

The Fall from Grace

After the 2009 season, shocking reports came out about rampant, wide spread issues occurring in the athletic department and specifically the football team, at the Naval Academy. In response to the rumors, the NCAA promptly launched an investigation, and upon finding them true, declared all players on the team no longer eligible for NCAA play, however did not go so far as to officially declare the death penalty for the program. The NCAA also hit the team with a reduction of 10 scholarships for their next three seasons, if and when played.

The Naval Academy, reeling from the sudden upheaval of their program, was forced to resort to random walk-ons from the current students at the academy. Unfortunately, this essentially killed any progress the team had made in the past decade. One college football analyst assigned the overall rating, offense, and defense of the team a grade of F. To truly drive home how much damage has been done, he estimated the scores of the overall rating, offense, and defense of the Naval Academy and compared them to the two worst teams in college football last year, Eastern Michigan and Western Kentucky. His research came up with the following estimates:

The Naval Academy knew that continuing with their severely weakened team would make for some extremely rough seasons ahead, but to simply drop football, even for a year or two, would do irreparable damage, and far, far more damage than continuing on with the program in its current state. Thus begins the trek of Navy into the unknown as they attempt to recover from this sudden upheaval of their program.

May God have mercy on their (and mine) souls.....

Dynasty Note: Even though in the story above all the players were kicked off the team and Navy was forced to resort to random walk-ons, I will be using regular named rosters with the names of the current players. I can’t help my love for playing the game with the real life players currently on Navy’s team.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-21-2010 at 06:19 AM.

Dynasty Requirements

Scheduling

- Navy will automatically play each rival every season. These rivals include:

• Army (primary rival, C-I-C Trophy)
    • Air Force (C-I-C Trophy)
    • Maryland (Crab Bowl Classic)
    • Notre Dame
    • Rutgers
    • SMU (Gansz Trophy)

- Navy will also be required to play two west coast teams (for “recruiting purposes”), and one game per season against a Top 10 team to open their season. The Top 10 team will be chosen by a random number generator.

- The remaining three teams chosen must be from separate conferences, and from different conferences every season (for example, can’t play a MAC opponent two years in a row).

- Besides the rivalry games, Navy will be required to play teams with no worse than a 7-6 (bowl game included) record from the previous season.

Recruiting

- The recruiting slider will be on Heisman difficulty.

- Navy is forced to recruit 1-star recruits, and ONLY 1-star recruits for the first 5 seasons of the dynasty, regardless.

- After the 5 season period has expired, Navy must recruit UNDER their current program prestige ranking.
    - Example 1: A 2-star prestige Navy team may only recruit 1-star players.
    - Example 2: A 3-star prestige Navy team may only recruit 2-star and 1-star players.
    - A 1-star prestige Navy team may only recruit 1-star players.

- Recruiting restrictions will also be directly related to records, and more specifically, winning records.
    - A 5 win or less season, only the prestige based recruiting restrictions will still apply.
    - A 6-7 win season, Navy may only recruit 4-star or lower players, with all prestige based restrictions still applying.
    - An 8-9 win season, Navy may only recruit 3-star or lower players, with all prestige based restrictions still applying.
    - A 10+ win season, Navy may only recruit 2-star or lower players, with all prestige based restrictions still applying.
    - An undefeated season, Navy may only recruit 1-star players, regardless of any prestige based restrictions.

- Due to the “NCAA punishments”, Navy will be docked 10 scholarships each season for the first three seasons of the dynasty.

- Navy can recruit more than two players from only a pipeline state. If a state is NOT a pipeline state, Navy may only sign a maximum of two players in a single season from that state.

- If, after recruiting is completed, Navy happens to have more than 70 players on the team (or a lesser maximum depending on scholarship restrictions), the BEST players on the team will be the ones to be cut.

- The recruiting rules will be evaluated and changed accordingly after season 10 and every 5 seasons thereafter. The scheduling rules are permanent for the entire length of the dynasty.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-21-2010 at 02:35 AM.

School Information

First Season: 1879
    Athletic Director: Chet Gladchuk
    Head Coach: Ken Niumatalolo
    2 Years - 18-10 (.643%)
    Home Stadium: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
    Stadium Capacity: 34,000
    Conference: Independent
    All Time Record: 640–520–57 (.549)
    Post Season Bowl Record: 7-8-1
    Claimed National Titles: 1 (1926)
    Heisman Winners: 2
    Consensus All-Americans: 23
    Colors: Navy Blue and Gold

Rivals

- Army - Commander-in-Chief's Trophy - Navy leads (54–49–7) *Navy currently on an 8 game winning streak

- Air Force - Commander-in-Chief's Trophy - Air Force leads (24-17) *Navy currently on a 7 game winning streak

- Notre Dame - Notre Dame leads (71-11-1)

- Maryland - Crab Bowl Classic - Navy leads (14-6)

- Rutgers - Series tied (11–11–1)

- SMU - Gansz Trophy - Navy leads (1-0)
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-21-2010 at 02:34 AM.

Stadium Info

Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium is an outdoor athletic stadium near the campus of the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. It is the home field of the Navy Midshipmen football team, the men's lacrosse team, and the Chesapeake Bayhawks lacrosse team.

The stadium serves as a memorial to the Navy and Marine Corps; it is dedicated to those who have served (and will serve) as upholders of the traditions and renown of the Navy and Marine Corps of the United States. The thousands of memorial bench-back and wall plaques are a constant reminder, as well as the list of numerous battles involving the Naval and Marine Corps forces since the early 1900s.

The stadium opened on September 26, 1959, when Navy defeated William & Mary in football, 29–2. The current seating capacity is 34,000. The attendance record for the stadium is 37,970, when Navy lost to the Pitt Panthers in football, 42-21, on October 18, 2008. Prior to 1959, Navy played its home games at Thompson Stadium, which seated only 12,000.

In 2004 the stadium underwent a major renovation by 360 Architecture. Among the improvements were an expanded press box, 140 club seats and associated club lounge, private suites, new stadium seating (northwest end zone), ADA enhancements, updated restrooms, concessions and stadium operation facilities, new banquet facilities, and renovated locker room facilities.

The field at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium is named "Jack Stephens Field", for Jackson T. Stephens (Class of 1947), whose gift aided (1) the renovation of the stadium, (2) the Class of 1947 Legacy project to benefit the Academy's Museum, and (3) other Academy projects. For its first 46 years, the stadium's playing field was natural grass. Prior to the 2005 football season, the grass field was replaced with FieldTurf, a next-generation infilled synthetic turf. The field runs northwest to southeast.

The stadium has never hosted the Army–Navy Game; the last game played in Annapolis was in 1942 at Thompson Stadium. The rivalry game is normally played at a neutral site between the campuses on the East Coast; in early December, most often in Philadelphia (with occasional stop-offs in Baltimore and East Rutherford, New Jersey). The same situation exists with the Notre Dame-Navy series.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-21-2010 at 02:34 AM.

Navy Yearly Recaps

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2010 at 10:01 PM.

Navy Football Win-Loss Records

Team Milestones

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Navy Career Win-Loss vs. Opponent

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Navy Rivalries

Commander-in-Chief's Trophy

The Commander-in-Chief's Trophy is awarded to each season's winner of the triangular college football series among the United States Military Academy (Army), the United States Naval Academy (Navy), and the United States Air Force Academy (Air Force). In the event of a tie the award is shared, but the previous winner retains the trophy. Navy has controlled the trophy since 2003, marking the longest time any academy has had possession of the prestigious trophy.

First awarded in 1972. the Commander-in-Chief's trophy was the idea of Air Force General George B. Simler, the commander of Air Training Command and former Air Force Academy athletic director; who felt the need for such a trophy as a means to ensure the Air Force games played against traditional rivals Army and Navy were given some meaning at least slightly more significant than all other normal collegiate opponents that those two storied programs were to play on any given Saturday.

Typically, the Navy–Air Force game is played in early October, the Army–Air Force game is played in mid-November, and the most significant game, between Army and Navy is played in early December, typically in Philadelphia. The game, however, has also been played in such locations as New York, Baltimore, Chicago and Pasadena.

When Navy has possession of the trophy, it is displayed in a glass case in Bancroft Hall, the Midshipmens' dormitory.

Army (Commander-in-Chief's Trophy)

All-Time Series Record: Navy leads 54-49-7

Current Win Streak: Navy 8 straight wins

The Army–Navy Game, an annual game generally played on the last weekend of the college football regular season in early December, pits the football teams of the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York (Army) and United States Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland (Navy) against one another. It is one of the most traditional and enduring rivalries in college football, and is televised every year by CBS. It was in the 1963 Army–Navy game that instant replay made its debut.

Air Force (Commander-in-Chief's Trophy)

All-Time Series Record: Air Force leads 24-17

Current Win Streak: Navy 7 straight wins

Notre Dame

All-Time Series Record: Notre Dame leads 71-11-1

Current Win Streak: Navy (1 win)

Navy has played Notre Dame, also an independent, in 82 annual games without interruption since 1927 with a record of 11–71–1. From 1963, when Navy beat Notre Dame 35–14, to 2006, Notre Dame won 43 consecutive games against Navy, the longest such streak in Division 1-A football. This streak ended on November 3, 2007, when Navy beat Notre Dame 46–44 in triple overtime. Notre Dame plays this game to repay Navy for helping to keep Notre Dame financially afloat during World War II. This series is scheduled to continue indefinitely.

In 2008, while the Midshipmen had the opportunity to pull another victory at the end, however the game ended in a 27-21 victory for Notre Dame. On November 7, 2009 Navy played an inspired game and upset the #22 ranked Irish 23 to 21 in South Bend. This was Navy's 2nd win in 3 years, marking a turning point in the rivalry, whereby Navy is once again competitive with Notre Dame.

When Navy is the home team for this game in even-numbered years, the Midshipmen host the game off-campus at large stadiums used by NFL teams, usually FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland or M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. The Midshipmen have also hosted the Irish at John F. Kennedy Stadium and Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia.

Maryland (Crab Bowl Classic)

All-Time Series Record: Navy leads 14-6

Current Win Streak: Maryland (1 win)

The Crab Bowl Classic, also known as the Crab Bowl or the Maryland–Navy rivalry, is the college football rivalry between the Maryland Terrapins and the Navy Midshipmen. The two institutions, located in close proximity in the state of Maryland, first met for a football game in 1905. Since then, the series has often been marked by controversy, with incidents by players and supporters occurring both on and off the field.

Navy dominated the series early by winning the first eight games, between 1905 and 1930, which remains the longest streak. Maryland secured its first win in 1931 at a neutral site in Washington, D.C. After two more meetings, the series was suspended in 1934 when the Maryland administration protested a play.

The teams met again in 1950 when Navy had a last-minute opening in its schedule. The Terrapins won three consecutive games from 1950 to 1952, and the Midshipmen won three from 1958 to 1963. During the 1964 game, a Maryland player twice flashed an obscene gesture, which prompted Navy to cancel the series again. After contractual obligations were fulfilled with the following year's game, the series was put on hiatus for 40 years. Maryland and Navy finally played again in 2005. Currently, the teams are scheduled to play next in 2010.

Rutgers

All-Time Series Record: Tied 11-11-1

Current Win Streak: Navy (1 win)

This rivalry stems from Navy and Rutgers being two of the only three programs (the third is Army) to come out of the original, informal "Ivy League" that are still members of the top tier of NCAA college football (currently Division I-FBS). Although the two teams only began a regular series relatively recently in 1995, the games between the two schools are often close and sometimes have controversy as in the 2004 and 2007 editions of the series.

The rivalry dates to 1891 making the two schools each others oldest active football rivals. The schools have met 23 times with the series tied at 11–11–1 all time after the 2008 Navy victory. Army is Rutgers' second oldest active rivalry. Navy and Rutgers have played every year since 1995 with the exception of 2002 and are currently scheduled through at least 2014.

SMU (Gansz Trophy)

All-Time Series Record: Tied 7-7

Current Win Streak: Navy 3 straight wins

The Gansz Trophy was created in 2009 through a collaboration between the athletic departments of The United States Naval Academy and Southern Methodist University. The trophy is named for Frank Gansz who played linebacker at the Naval Academy from 1957 through 1959. Gansz later served on the coaching staffs at numerous colleges, including all three service academies and Southern Methodist, as well as several professional teams.

Navy Records

Passing

Rushing

Receiving

Blocking

Defensive

Special Teams

Other Records

Navy Hall of Fame
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-21-2010 at 02:44 AM.

United States Naval Academy Football

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – My how many changes can take place in such a small period of time. It seems like the end of the college bowl season, and Navy’s bowl win over Missouri was just yesterday. Since then, so many changes have shaken up the college landscape. The conference landscape has undergone a major remake, a good team has been rocked by scandal, and a near death penalty decision by the NCAA.

Let’s start with a look at the new college landscape. In a multitude of changes, the world of college football certainly looks different from just 6 months ago. Instead of just saying what teams moved, we're going to give a conference by conference overview.

ACC: No changes were made.

Big East: No changes were made.

Big 12: Nebraska chose to leave the Big 12 for expected greener pastures in the Big Ten. Meanwhile, to keep their conference together, Houston abandoned Conference-USA and accepted an invite to the Big 12. In other Big 12 related news, after a coup d’état in the Pac-10, Colorado’s invitation ended up being revoked. The Buffaloes were only accepted back into the Big 12 after showing their commitment and “love” for Bevo in an executive session of the meeting, which involved ONLY Texas and Colorado.

Big Ten: One of the most active of the conferences in the off-season. Instead of just adding Nebraska, staying at 12 teams, and creating conference championship game, the Big Ten went a rather unconventional method, choosing to instead stay as an 11 team conference. The Big Ten voted 9-2 to jettison their two worst teams from last season, Indiana and Illinois (the 2 votes against were, rather obviously, from Indiana and Illinois).

Showing one team the door was expected, to make room for Nebraska to join the conference after deciding to not expand to 12 teams but instead stay at 11 teams, however, it was the second team to replace the empty spot left by both Indiana and Illinois departing that caused the biggest surprise off-season.

The biggest story of the off-season came only a few weeks after Nebraska announced they were joining the Big Ten, when in a surprise announcement, the Fighting Irish stunned the world, announcing that Notre Dame was leaving its long valued independence and opting instead to join the new and vastly improved Big Ten. Unfortunately for Indiana and Illinois, it was not such a grand off-season like it was for Notre Dame and Nebraska. More to come of the final resting place of those two.

PAC-10: No changes were made.

SEC: No changes were made.

Conference USA: Also one of the most active conferences, C-USA was busy in the offseason. Houston bolted from the conference, opting instead to join the Big 12. UTEP was then kicked out to make room for two “upgrade” teams, though from their standpoints, it was more of a downgrade. With the opening of two spots in the conference, that made perfect room for Big Ten rejects Indiana and Illinois.

To further make room for them, Conference USA moved Southern Miss, UAB, and UCF to the West Division and shifted Tulsa over to the East Division to join their Great Lakes newcomers. With the changes, Conference USA then did away with their East and West Divisions, instead opting for North and South Divisions.

Mid-American: No changes were made.

Mountain West: With Notre Dame joining the Big Ten, Air Force officials chose to leave a tough Mountain West Conference and instead join their fellow service academies Army and Navy as Independents to have freedom of scheduling among other reasons.

The Mountain West Conference was quick to announce Boise State as the replacement for the spot left open by Air Force’s departure.

Sun Belt: No changes were made.

WAC: The departure of Boise State for the Mountain West opened up a spot for UTEP to free fall from their prior Conference-USA affiliation into the WAC. The conference also voted to drop San Jose State (who then officially made the drop to FCS in all sports) and bring in Alaska State. The Kodiak Bears, whom many have never heard of, are making a major jump from Division II clear up to FBS athletics with the move.

Independents: Notre Dame’s surprise departure for the Big Ten opens up a spot to allow Air Force to make the jump from the Mountain West into Independent status, joining their fellow service academies Army and Navy in the process.

With all of the changes that have occurred to the college football landscape, it should make for some interesting games and conference races for this season and seasons to come.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-22-2010 at 07:11 AM.

Ok, I've posted all my pre-dynasty stuff, so this baby is now open for posting.

The Season 1 openers (schedule, pre-season recruiting, etc) will be coming over the next couple hours sometime.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-21-2010 at 06:08 AM.

Navy Announces 2010 Football Schedule

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Naval Academy officials announced their 2010 football schedule earlier today, dropping previously expected opponents from over half of their entire schedule, including: Georgia Southern, Louisiana Tech, Wake Forest, Duke, East Carolina, Central Michigan, and Arkansas State. The only teams that survived the axe were Maryland, Air Force, Notre Dame, SMU and Army.

It was announced that Navy was making changes to their schedule in order to maintain their national following in the days after the upheaval by the NCAA. This including playing nationally ranked and well known teams, playing teams on both the east and west coasts, and playing teams from various conferences in an attempt to keep their national recognition and appeal high, in despite of the many long seasons to come.

2010 Navy Football Schedule

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2010 at 09:58 PM.

Navy Announces 2010 Pre-Season Recruiting Class

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Naval Academy officials officially announced their first list of recruiting prospects, who would make up the first class of players not affected by the scandal in the off-season. Navy officials chose to stick more to home and their pipeline states with this class, hoping to bring in recruits more interested in the academy rather than trying to lure nationally recognized recruits in a possible attempt to reverse the damage immediately.

Below is the list of players making up Navy's initial recruitment list:

Navy's Pipeline States: Florida, Pennsylvania, Texas, North Carolina, California, Georgia, Maryland, Ohio
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2010 at 08:37 PM.

Navy Announces 2010 Depth Chart

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Navy announced today their depth chart for the upcoming season. Realistically, there is not much depth to be had in terms of skill, but the following will be the lineup Navy will be bringing to the gridiron this season.

Offense

Quarterbacks

Halfbacks

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers

Tight Ends

Left Tackle

Left Guard

Center

Right Guard

Right Tackle

Defense

Left Defensive End

Right Defensive End

Defensive Tackle

Left Outside Linebacker

Middle Linebacker

Right Outside Linebacker

Cornerback

Free Safety

Strong Safety

Special Teams

Kicker

Punter

Kick Returner

Punt Returner

Kickoff Specialist

Long Snapper

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-22-2010 at 07:11 AM.

And for the record, yes, I did just set every single rating of every single player on Navy's football team to 40. This team is the worst in history. I for one WELCOME the walk-ons I will be receiving from the game come the next off-season.

Also, in the past, I have always done "pregame" posts before playing my game that week and then posting the results. Yeah, no point. Every week it would read the same: "We're gonna get our asses handed to us!"

Hope to have Texas recap up sometime later today.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-21-2010 at 07:56 AM.

A Texas Shallacking of Epic Proportions

Navy shutout in mega-loss

AUSTIN, Tx. – Well, this one was pretty much over as soon as it started. After Texas received the kickoff, it took two plays and a 52 yard touchdown pass in 21 seconds to officially call this one over. Texas just proceeded to pile it up from there, averaging a touchdown nearly once every minute through the rest of the entire first quarter thanks to an interception and a picked up fumble resulting from a failed flip during a triple option play.

The beginning of the end for Navy, as Tre Newton hauls in a 52 yard touchdown pass 21 seconds into the game.

Texas gets the ball back almost immediately as Mike Stukel fumbles away Navy's hope on their first offensive play of the game.

The most telling stat of how the first quarter alone went down, Total Offense. In a mere 8 minutes, Texas racked up 237 yards of total offense, while holding Navy to -12. Add in punts and kick returns, that number grows to 292 to 14. Even worse is the Time of Possession. Texas did all that damage in a measly 1:24 of possession.

It's hard to gain many yards when there are three Texas defenders breathing down your neck. Andre Byrd found out the hard way on this rush for a 2 yard loss.

Ricky Dobbs gets mobbed by Texas defenders as he tries to run the option. Unfortunately for him, his only option was with his ass flat on the ground during this play for a two yard loss.

Needless to say, the second quarter wasn’t much prettier. Texas decided to not let up on Navy, adding on 35 more points in the second quarter, all while holding Navy to less than 10 yards of offense for the quarter. Add on another 35 points in the third quarter, and another 24 in the fourth quarter, and what you have is a 136-0 ass kicking.

Just to add insult to injury, Texas blitzes, bringing everyone and the kitchen sink, sacking Ricky Dobbs in the process for a 12 yard loss during this 4th quarter play.

This is one that might be best to put out of memory forever with alcohol, and lots of it!

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter

2nd Quarter

3rd Quarter

4th Quarter

Team Stats

Offensive Player of the Game

Defensive Player of the Game

Honorable Mention

Up next: home vs.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2010 at 08:38 PM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    You've got me interested. Will you get a win in the first five seasons of your dynasty? I doubt it.

I hope you turned contracts off (or if you even can) cause you might run into an issue of getting fired for being so terrible the whole way through.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    You've got me interested. Will you get a win in the first five seasons of your dynasty? I doubt it.

I hope you turned contracts off (or if you even can) cause you might run into an issue of getting fired for being so terrible the whole way through.
    Yeah, I wish I'll get a win by season 5. At least by the fifth season, I'll have a team full of game issued walk-ons and whatever players I can manage to sign on Heisman recruiting. With this team I have right now, the only way even possible to go is up.

As for contracts, I have been searching for those for the past week. I'm thinking they took out the option to turn coach contracts off, because I cannot find it anywhere in this game. At least in those regards, it'll be realistic. A coach getting it handed to him 100-0 every game sure isn't going to be kept for very long. Then it would just be a matter of creating a "newly hired" coach for Navy and continuing on from there pretty much.

Thankfully I still have my Week 1 and Recruiting Wrap-Up to type up and post yet. I was debating about whether or not I wanted to play the Maryland game tonight. Luckily those wrap-ups will probably kill off some of my free time, since I don't think I can put myself through THAT much abuse (both Texas and Maryland) in a single day.

And thanks for following man. I've been following your Monarchs dynasty. Looks like I need to start becoming a vocal supporter now that you're stopping by mine.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    As for contracts, I have been searching for those for the past week. I'm thinking they took out the option to turn coach contracts off, because I cannot find it anywhere in this game. At least in those regards, it'll be realistic. A coach getting it handed to him 100-0 every game sure isn't going to be kept for very long. Then it would just be a matter of creating a "newly hired" coach for Navy and continuing on from there pretty much.
    Yeah, I figured that they took out the ability to turn them off because I haven't been able to find a way to turn them off either. It's been so long since I've played an NCAA dynasty where I got fired, I'm not sure what's going to happen in the game when your coach gets fired. Hopefully it lets you continue with a new coach or something. Pretty sure, in '07 or '08 when it happened to me (cupcake team that failed to win more than 3 games in 3 straight seasons) that I was pretty much stuck with starting over and not being able to continue the dynasty at all. Hopefully that doesn't happen here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    And thanks for following man. I've been following your Monarchs dynasty. Looks like I need to start becoming a vocal supporter now that you're stopping by mine.

I need to speed that dynasty up some. It's going to be really tough once I lose my two good WRs cause they have bailed my ass out so many times in games this season.