Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Follow Bowl Season with the 2012-2013 Bowl Blitz Invitational

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    • Player of the Game: Either the player selected by the game or the player's choice.
    • "It was over when...": Which play--or series of plays--directly led to the result of the game.
    • "Game ball goes to...": Recognize an unsung hero who might not have been "eligible" for full Player of the Game honors.
    • "Stat of the Game": An interesting statistic which reveals something that played a key role in the end result of the game.

I know those four summary items very well They've often appeared in my dynasty reports

Lookin' good, Paakaa. Good luck with the project again this year.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 01-19-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I know those four summary items very well They've often appeared in my dynasty reports
    Indeed; much less time to work with this holiday season compared to last year (that's what owning a house will do to your free time) so I wanted to go with something that would be quicker when it comes to putting together the entries this year. I'm sure I'll still get more verbose than that, but hopefully it will cut down on the time spent preparing each game.

Lookin' good, Paakaa. Good luck with the project again this year.
    Thank you sir; we're already off to a pretty incredible start with the sign-ups, so I'm definitely psyched for the results to come.

We are now officially covered for the Bowl Season with the addition of Kotaku's Owen Good to our roster, covering the Music City Bowl between his alma mater--NC State--and Vanderbilt.

We are now officially covered for the Bowl Season with the addition of Kotaku's Owen Good to our roster, covering the Music City Bowl between his alma mater--NC State--and Vanderbilt.
    it'd be awesome if he did a special article on this, Paakaa.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    it'd be awesome if he did a special article on this, Paakaa.
    It would be pretty cool, but I'm catching him at a pretty busy time of the year. If I'd contacted him any later, we might have missed the window of opportunity for him to be able to contribute even just the game write-up.

I'll be playing my game tomorrow.

Awesome idea

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I'll be playing my game tomorrow.
    So, I played my game, winning 44-13 (thanks to forcing 5 TOs and returning 2 pick 6s). I go to get some paper to record the ESPN info and realize I didn't take any notes during the game so I have no story. I'm gonna have to replay it.

The first simulation has been posted at Stat Box Stories:

Gildan New Mexico Bowl
    Arizona def. Nevada 36-33 in 2 OT

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy View Post
    Awesome idea
    Thanks! If you might want to be a part of it, in the event that somebody should not be able to fulfill a game they signed up for, let me know and I can add you to the "reserve list."

So, I played my game, winning 44-13 (thanks to forcing 5 TOs and returning 2 pick 6s). I go to get some paper to record the ESPN info and realize I didn't take any notes during the game so I have no story. I'm gonna have to replay it.
    ?

In all seriousness, though, that sucks horribly. If you grabbed the statistics from your first playthrough, you may still be able to salvage it (provided that you got screens and videos). Check out the first article today for an idea of how the final product comes together to see if you think you can salvage that result.

?

In all seriousness, though, that sucks horribly. If you grabbed the statistics from your first playthrough, you may still be able to salvage it (provided that you got screens and videos). Check out the first article today for an idea of how the final product comes together to see if you think you can salvage that result.
    Nah, I didn't save anything. Once I realized I had no notes, I knew I'd be playing it again. No biggie. I don't mind doing it over.

The between and is open if anybody wants to claim it.

Edit: Nevermind; game has already been claimed.
    Last edited by Paakaa10; 12-19-2012 at 02:29 PM.

i'll try and get mine ( and ) in this weekend.

I played my game. I tried entering in some stats via my phone but it didn't go well. I'll get everything in Thursday.

I played my game. I tried entering in some stats via my phone but it didn't go well. I'll get everything in Thursday.
    Yeah, I wouldn't suggest entering the stats by phone unless you're using the Google Drive app. The web interface doesn't play nice with phones.

Due to a personal situation with the player who signed up for it, the between and has been made available. First chance will be given to somebody who has not signed up for a Bowl Game yet; if nobody fitting that description comes forward, it will be opened up to somebody who is already signed up for the project.