Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rudy and Jaymo's Madden CCM experience

• Facebook
  • Display
    Rudy I forgot to ask, now that you are in season three what is the repetition factor with with regards to twitter stories? Have the tweets become redundant? Also does the commentary still talk about 2012 stats and events even though its 2015? (Eg like pretty much all past maddens). You mentioned the Superbowl immersion was very good so I hope the rest of the Ccm stuff has been enjoyable.

Player specific commentary is still old but there isn't a lot of that anyways. Overall I'm still very disappointed with EA over the terrible replay system. I'd like to see the player highlight packages and studio look-ins NCAA have.

Twitter stories are fine. There is some repetition but there are a lot of personalities in the game with their own set of comments. After I try to re-sign a guy the game will let you know if you we're successful the following week but the news headlines and Mort on twitter usually give it away early. The player of the week stuff definitely gets repetitive but overall it's fine. There is a 28 year old QB at LSU in this years draft stories that has gotten unique tweets. Comments on player moves are good.

The Patriots have Brian Billick who came back to coach them. A rookie QB starts for them and he wasn't very good. I kicked off the new year onThursday night by kicking their butt. In week 2 I played the Bills who are coached by M. Shanahan and I lost 17-10. Their offence was bad but mine was worse. No undefeated season this year!

As far as contracts you have very little control over structure. During the season and free agency you choose the number of years and bonus. Every contract is backloaded. No control over that at all. And street free agents during the year are all 1 year, no bonus and no negotiating. You pay the price or you don't sign him.

Rudy, after reading all this info I had some down time toay so I turned on the Madden 13 demo. I haven't played madden 13 since sept 1st so needless to say I was pretty rusty. I played as SF vs the Giants. Long story short Kaepernick went 7 for 22 for 118 yards and one pic and we LOST 20- 0. Ugly!

I was playing on all madden with fatigue at 70 and injuries at 70. I didn't make any other changes to the sliders. I am pretty good at Madden but man I was rusty and all madden kicked my butt. The game was fun but all the drops by my RECIEVERS was frustrating. I will say though that I LOVE running the ball in madden... So much better than NCAA. I do have a few questions for you though.

Have drops been fixed in retail? I HAD SEVEN DROPS BETWEEN FOUR RECIEVERS
    Is the long ball defended by the safeties? SEEMS LIKE THE SAFTIES DON'T MOVE INTO POSITION
    Is ASK MADDEN improved? SEEMS LIKE IT THE SAME PLAYS OVER AND OVER
    How is the CPU qb accuracy? MANNING WAS ON FIRE IN MY GAME
    Did you switch to all madden and if so is it too tough?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Have drops been fixed in retail? I HAD SEVEN DROPS BETWEEN FOUR RECIEVERS
    Is the long ball defended by the safeties? SEEMS LIKE THE SAFTIES DON'T MOVE INTO POSITION
    Is ASK MADDEN improved? SEEMS LIKE IT THE SAME PLAYS OVER AND OVER
    How is the CPU qb accuracy? MANNING WAS ON FIRE IN MY GAME
    Did you switch to all madden and if so is it too tough?
    1) A lot of people complained about WR drops on All-Madden and that was corrected by a patch although I only think they changed the slider default back up to 50 for the user. It's a simple fix that sliders can handle and the one patch did that. It was only an issue on All-Madden.

2) Safety play has always been a bit of an issue. My problem is the safeties aren't dynamic. They seem to always do the same thing which is cheat to the outside in Cover 2 man. That makes it difficult to hit the deep ball to your alpha WR but the slot or TE deep down the middle are often open because of this. The cpu does play a lot of zone and this doesn't always happen. Honestly the cpu pass defense is a lot better when they aren't blitzing and playing safe. Then you become Joey checkdown which can be frustrating. I'm not a great passer and find it difficult to hit many deep balls at all other than the TE down the middle but speed does help. My WRs aren't fast other than my 2nd year player.

My other beef with pass coverage is you just don't see enough press man coverage. The NFL teams do this much more than they do in Madden imo. Often when you get press coverage in Madden it's a cover 2 zone and if you read it right you can hit your outside WRs down the sideline between the CB and S for a nice gain. That area is open if read properly as the safeties won't get there in time.

3) Ask Madden sucks. Sometimes it only gives you two plays to pick from. I never use it although in NCAA I would use it almost all the time. NCAA's version is a million times better as you can cycle through different pages for many different plays. Madden gives you 2-3 plays period. Don't bother with it. And the recommendations are often stupid and don't give you QB kneel in obvious situations. They should always have at least one pass and one run too but that doesn't happen all the time either.

4) I haven't played enough on All-Madden. I have played a few games but not much. The accuracy sliders work enough to get the job done. On All-Pro I have the cpu accuracy at 65 and they still misfire. Some guys will suck at times and then Peyton will hit over 70%. On All-Madden most people have it below 50 (like 25 to 35) for the cpu and I think you would be able to find a good setting but it takes slider work.

5) I've often thought about jumping to All-Madden just because All-Pro has been too easy. I had a base All-Madden slider set that I was going to work with but it would probably take at least 5-10 games of playing to really get it right. Way too early for me to know if I can handle All-Madden or get it right. I'm just tired of playing with the sliders. The sliders in Madden aren't good. The pass reaction slider is pretty well useless. It may be reversed but I don't think it matters much so you are pretty much playing with default pass coverage. I didn't find All-Madden's pass defense to be too hard though which means for good players it's way too easy to pass on all levels. I was surprised I wasn't horrible. Much like NCAA this year, the All-Pro and All-American default settings got too easy and the cpu QBs too dumb. Run blocking sliders are very watered down. On All-Pro I have my run blocking at 0 and cpu block shedding at 95. That's stupid. I wish Madden had an RBA setting rather than simply broken tackles since the tackle slider can just handle that. The cpu RBs need a speed/moves boost and we can't give them one.

I've gotten All-Pro to be pretty good for me but it's still generally too easy which is easy to see after I had a perfect season. The blocking and tackling sliders can get the cpu running game decent. I can get my running game and passing game decent (I'm not a great passer so it's not overly easy other than the TE streak). But the cpu passing game can be really bad at times and it's the hardest thing to fix. I do think I'm close now but you really don't have many tools to fix it. Cpu QB decision making combined with bad play calling, especially in the red zone, is hard to overcome on All-Pro. A working pass coverage slider would do wonders. Right now the best way to tune the cpu passing game is by boosting their pass protection significantly. The cpu QB needs a lot of time to make a good decision so crank pass protection up and it helps.
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-04-2012 at 05:21 AM.

There are some reports the cpu play calling improves as you get further into your CCM. I don't really believe this but I tried this out in my next game against Tennessee to see for myself.

Ken Wisenhunt was their coach but here was something really stupid. Chris Johnson was the 3rd string RB on the team and he wasn't hurt and rated in the 90s. The starting RB was LeGarette Blount at 70. I see no reason why this happened.

Anyways I tracked their first and second down play calls not inside two minutes. The game was no more than 7 point difference until I scored again with just over 2 minutes left to pull away. Up until that point Tennessee ran 10 times and passed 7 on first down and it was dynamic. They used play action and also came out in shotgun at times. On second down it was 7 runs vs. 9 passes. Overall it was 17 runs vs 16 passes on the first two downs not inside two minutes. I was impressed. I'll keep letting the cpu run their playbooks for a little bit and keep tracking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    There are some reports the cpu play calling improves as you get further into your CCM. I don't really believe this but I tried this out in my next game against Tennessee to see for myself.

Ken Wisenhunt was their coach but here was something really stupid. Chris Johnson was the 3rd string RB on the team and he wasn't hurt and rated in the 90s. The starting RB was LeGarette Blount at 70. I see no reason why this happened.

Anyways I tracked their first and second down play calls not inside two minutes. The game was no more than 7 point difference until I scored again with just over 2 minutes left to pull away. Up until that point Tennessee ran 10 times and passed 7 on first down and it was dynamic. They used play action and also came out in shotgun at times. On second down it was 7 runs vs. 9 passes. Overall it was 17 runs vs 16 passes on the first two downs not inside two minutes. I was impressed. I'll keep letting the cpu run their playbooks for a little bit and keep tracking this.
    alphabetical order ?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    alphabetical order ?
    That would be the only logical explanation lol.

Man am I rusty! I played another two Madden demos last night and lost both. That ALL MADDEN DROP GLITCH is brutal as the Hawks I had 13 drops and 9 drops in the two games. The cpu zone in this game (demo) is just awful... it's not as bad as NCAA but it's close.

I saw over on OS that earlier on you were trying to manually adjust the cpu playbooks. Are you still doing that or have you given up and just accepted that playcalling is what is is???

I saw over on OS that earlier on you were trying to manually adjust the cpu playbooks. Are you still doing that or have you given up and just accepted that playcalling is what is is???
    I've been doing that cpu playbook switch for quite awhile now. I just couldn't take the majority of teams running 80% of the time on first and second down. On the flip side the generic playbooks tend to call too many passes. I think the Legend playbooks (Billick, Gibbs, Vermeil, Madden) are a bit more balanced but I'm not sure. Sometimes those other playbooks call too many screens as well. So I'm going to test the theory that deeper into your CCM the play calling gets more dynamic and depends on the talent. I don't know if that's true as I suspect the star coding on the team playbooks is still screwed up which is what caused this mess in the first place. But there was a tuning file for CCM. Maybe the secretly tweaked something in there. After one game of going back to the team specific books I'm happy but that could be a fluke. Still no general tuning files released for Madden 13.

As far as the drops, Madden lets you change your sliders in the demo Jaymo. Why not put your user catching back up to 50-60 and see how it goes. That should fix it.

Played Buffalo and Fitz was pretty bad. Tannehill was almost as bad. This time I ran a lot better. I like the SF playbook a lot better. I do feel a bit guilty using it out of the Ace-Pairs formation with both TEs on one side of the field. The cpu almost never shifts over to set the edge on an unbalanced formation like this. I've posted pics on this before but I wish they would do a better job. Speedy backs can do too much damage this way. I think I'm just going to have to use a house rule of never running the stretch play out of this formation.

Anyways, Shanny is the coach of Buffalo and on 1st down they had a run-pass ratio of 12-4. Not too bad as some teams have a real strong first down run percentage and second down was 6-6. I'm going to keep on using this.

One complaint is about fatigue. I've tried raising it to 60 and I'm not completely happy with it this high. It's pretty good except for OL. It seems the same as DL when DL usually work harder in the trenches, particularly when rushing the passer. Even with a 40/60 sub pattern (and the auto sub settings may be pointless since some say they don't work) my OL will leave the game. I had two subs in on my OL on one drive.

I've been doing that cpu playbook switch for quite awhile now. I just couldn't take the majority of teams running 80% of the time on first and second down. On the flip side the generic playbooks tend to call too many passes. I think the Legend playbooks (Billick, Gibbs, Vermeil, Madden) are a bit more balanced but I'm not sure. Sometimes those other playbooks call too many screens as well. So I'm going to test the theory that deeper into your CCM the play calling gets more dynamic and depends on the talent. I don't know if that's true as I suspect the star coding on the team playbooks is still screwed up which is what caused this mess in the first place. But there was a tuning file for CCM. Maybe the secretly tweaked something in there. After one game of going back to the team specific books I'm happy but that could be a fluke. Still no general tuning files released for Madden 13.

As far as the drops, Madden lets you change your sliders in the demo Jaymo. Why not put your user catching back up to 50-60 and see how it goes. That should fix it.
    Yeah I played with the sliders a bit last night and I had to put catching to 60 before the drops went away. Most of the sliders (IN THE DEMO) I was pleased with. If memory serves the sldiers in season pass we 100% innefective/broken??? The one slider in the DEMO that really doesn't seem to work well is HUM PASS RUSH. Getting pressure is almost impossible. Many times Manning would have 7-10 seconds to throw. I honestly don't recall it being that bad in season pass.

Playing this game again I may pick up a used copy after Christmas just to play around with it. I have literally stopped playing NCAA 13 altogether as I feel somewhat bored with the gameplay and overall experience. Maybe I will try to get back into it during bowl season?

Maybe you will get back into it but for me the shelf life of football games this generation has been maybe 50% of what it used to be on the old consoles. The magic of football gaming just wasn't captured as well this generation, especially compared to every other sports video game out there imo. I've pretty much quit playing football games every year around Christmas. We'll see if I extend that this year. The Mrs. is getting me NBA 2K13 for Christmas (99% sure) so that may take time away from Madden. I tend to be more of a streak gamer. I play one game for a long period and when I switch I don't go back normally.

As for the blocking sliders, I've always felt there was a 50 point difference in blocking between All-Pro/AA and All-Madden/Heisman. Madden default blocking is most likely like All-Pro but the cpu gets a 50 point boost in pass rush, pass block, run block and run block shedding. Think about it from that perspective. It's also a big reason why the cpu passing game is a lot better on All-Madden. I truly believe the number one thing that affects the cpu passing game is pass blocking. You need to give the cpu extra time so they don't make stupid decisions.
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-07-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Cam Newton got a 6 year, $94 million dollar extension. Jimmy Graham 6 year, $51 million (cheap really) but Sproles got 4 years and $30.5! Crazy!

Cam Newton got a 6 year, $94 million dollar extension. Jimmy Graham 6 year, $51 million (cheap really) but Sproles got 4 years and $30.5! Crazy!
    Wow! I wonder who the Panthers will have to release to keep Newton on the roster? That is a lot of cap space that just got eaten up. I never played versus Carolina on season pass so I don't know how well Newton plays in Madden but that price tag just seems too high.

Rudy,

You know I have never played the NBA 2K series (on PS3). For me the season is just too long. I loved college hoops and NCAA Basketball 10 AND THE NBA 2K series franchise mode looks amazing but I just don't have the time for a full season. What I like about Madden/NCAA is that you play a season and then go away and come back at a later date and continue on. The season length is perfect for me and my career/family life.

I feel you pain with NCAA. I have dreamed of seeing NCAA 06 PS3 version for the longest time. I miss so much of what the game offered back then. Don't get me wrong... a lot of good stuff has been added this gen but there is still a lot of great stuff missing IMO (FCS, home field advantage, matchup stick, etc.).

Rudy,

You know I have never played the NBA 2K series (on PS3). For me the season is just too long. I loved college hoops and NCAA Basketball 10 AND THE NBA 2K series franchise mode looks amazing but I just don't have the time for a full season. What I like about Madden/NCAA is that you play a season and then go away and come back at a later date and continue on. The season length is perfect for me and my career/family life.

I feel you pain with NCAA. I have dreamed of seeing NCAA 06 PS3 version for the longest time. I miss so much of what the game offered back then. Don't get me wrong... a lot of good stuff has been added this gen but there is still a lot of great stuff missing IMO (FCS, home field advantage, matchup stick, etc.).
    Are there no short season options for NBA 2K? The funny thing is when I have played basketball in the past or when I play my baseball games I don't care about the team building aspects. I play mainly for just the gameplay and the stats. I played 140 games in one season this year of the Show. Didn't quite finish it (my longest attempt ever). I love to track the stats in the Show (or MLB 2K when I was playing that) and I try to create as sim a stat environment as I can. I care about getting realistic stats in Madden but not as much. I don't check out other team stats or player stats as much either and it doesn't bother me as much if they are off in football.

The number one thing I miss about the PS2 era is the way the players moved. I've never liked the twitchy and floaty feel of this gen. I was just PMing a guy on OS who I talk with and he had popped in Madden 09 for the PS2 and he said it's the one thing that just stands out as different and better when he plays. He normally plays this gen's football games but still goes back and plays the old ones for some of the fun features. I would LOVE it if EA would offer two momentum systems - the current one (which I don't like at all) and a Classic momentum system where there was a lot more weight to the players.

Got my butt handed to me in San Diego 41-16. My defense was terrible. Ryan Matthews was 25-293 yards and 3 TDs. Been awhile since this happened. I smoked Rivers and SD the last two times I played them. Perhaps it was new coach Lovie Smith's direction lol. I fell behind 24-6 and could never recover. Got to within 8 in the second half but that was as close as I could get it. The cpu is normally terrible in the red zone but they scored 4 TDs in 5 trips in this game.

It appears that one of the last patches may have fixed the breast cancer stuff. It was pink as I started November. Braylon Edwards has truly been Braylon Edwards since I signed him. Makes the tough catch but drops too many easy balls.

I have a decent amount of cap space right now but Tannehill doesn't take up much. Green Bay just signed Aaron Rodgers to a 6 year, $120.5 million dollar extension.

I'm 3-2 now and Tannehill has been terrible. I may look at upgrading QB in the next draft. His accuracy just hasn't improved as much as I would like, especially deep. He has a 50.4 QB rating, 3 TDs, 10 INTs and has only completed 49% of his passes for just over 1000 yards.

I haven't started scouting yet. I've decided to wait more until the end. I have 15000 points to use which gives me 7 full overalls. I may decide to scout QB heavily this year.

One of the draft stories involves a DL who tore his knee up and is out for the college season. Another story features a mauling guard.

Given that this is my 3rd year of scouting I think the letter grades for individual skills and overall follow a basic pattern:
    A = 90s (you will see plenty of these when scouting WR or DB speed, I've never seen an overall grade of A)
    B = 80s (I'm guessing that are maybe 15 overall grades like this in a class)
    C = 70s (most early prospects will have overall grades of C)
    D = 60s
    F = 50s or less (will see LB and S man and zone coverage skills in this area at times)

I can't say for certain there is an overlap to any of these areas but this seems most likely from my experience.
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-08-2012 at 11:35 AM.

I threw 4 INTs and had two fumbles and was trailing the Jets 32-13 in the 4th quarter. A crazy comeback win though at 36-32. Knocked Sanchez out with a broken jaw and Tebow did nothing in his place. I almost lost three straight and would have been 3-4. Instead both myself and the Jets are tied for first at 4-3.

Some things certainly seem harder lately and I wonder if Madden's goofy slider/difficulty rules (if user slider totals are under 300 it switches to All-Madden from All-Pro allegedly) have an effect. Even though I didn't change my sliders at all my second last game tweeted I lost on All-Madden. My EA connection dropped out during my game so I couldn't tell what it would tweet even though my settings still say All-Pro.