Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 - Info

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Emailed Walmart 2 times, both times they sent my tracking info back to me, stating the product showed as shipped.

I called their 800 number for customer support, spoke to a nice guy, he said he will research the issue and call me back by Monday....atleast that's something...right????

The "journey" continues...I may have learned my lesson with pre-order stuff from Walmart. In the past I've always dealt with Gamestop but I liked the pre-order bounus from Walmart.com this time and I bought the bundle pack that has the Skilz Stix.....called Walmart back on Monday, spoke to another trusty customer support rep. I really think they have NO clue what they are doing or what they are talking about.

I had to convince the lady that NO I did not need another disk sent out as this one is just fine, she was confused she said she thought I was telling her that data/information was missing from the disk. I don't know why I have to explain to them what DLC is???? I told her all I need is an activation code, there has to be a master list somewhere that walmart has from EA. Once they give out a code, they cross it off the list and keep going down the line...she said she had no idea where such list or information would and like the guy from Thursday said she is going to move this up the ladder of support and someone should contact me in 24-48 hours. If I don't hear back, call them back....I was kinda annoyed so I explained to her, that is EXACTLY what the guy said on Thursday of last week. She said she had no record of me calling in....WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I asked her if someone could please call me or email me when there is a resolution, she said that shouldn't be a problem. (Imagine that, they are happy to follow up and make sure a customer's issue is resolved....we'll see....) I asked her what would happen if no one can locate these codes...she said worse cause I'd purchase the DLC and they would reimburse me the cost of the course....

In the meantime, on Sunday I did receive an email from Walmart.com asking me to complete a survey, they wanted to know how I was satisfied with their online help division to my recent inquiry....I still haven't receive jack squat from that "division"....

I just don't see how something so simple can be so difficult....all pre-orders from me will be done at Gamestop from here on out. This Walmart "customer support" is a joke.

Sorry for the ranting and raving....I guess most of my working-life I've been somehow in the customer service industry and have been "schooled" on how to provide proper customer support....the older I get the worse it is being taught to our young people.

Other than the DLC issue, I'm really enjoying the game! Played my first round last night in the daily CC 1 day tourney. It had a setting with no putting meter so that was exciting.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 04-02-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Walmart Pre-order journey update:

So, like we all knew they would not call me back or reply to me via email in 24-48 hours that's a pipe dream...so I gave it 1 week.

Called Walmart back this morning, explained the entire situation again. The lady said it showed in the notes that they have been "reseaching" the issue since March 31st. I told her I understand research and that it takes time, but I also explained to her they said they would respond via email or phone call with some sort of follow up in 24-48 hours and I've yet to hear from them other than an automatic email sent to me from walmart.com asking me to fill out a survey for my resolution to my recent inquiry. I told her I have not received any support so I have a hard time filling out the survey with anything that might help them.

I also told her the last lady I spoke to suggested if they can't find a resolution from their research it might be an option for me to purchase the Whistling Straits course from the PS3 store for $5.99 and then Walmart would refund me the $5.99. I told her I'd rather have the code if that is still an option but if worse case scenario I wouldn't mind going this other route.

She put me on hold for a few minutes, came back and apologized, then told me she was going to refund me the cost of shipping which should cover the $5.99 and then a few extra dollars for my trouble. I told her that is ok with me, except I paid the overnight shipping so I didn't think it was fair to refund the entire expedited shipping as it would be more than the cost of the DLC from the PS3 store. She again put me on hold to research some more. The she came back and said since I've had to call in, have not had return calls or emails she was authorized to refund the $27 for the overnight shipping that I paid. I said, ok, fair enough thank you.

In the end, I'm glad there is some sort of a resolution, lord knows what has happened to the other Walmart customers that purchased this game with the DLC, hopefully they don't just do without the code... The lady also told me that in the past when they ship out a game that was pre-order it usually has a card w/ the code on it shipped with it. She said it looks like this time the cards where not shipped w/ the pre-order games. A simple shipping snafu can really throw a wrinkle in the customer service.

I'm glad they worked with me, not 100% sure I like the deal I received as it feels like getting more than my share, I would have been happy with just a refund of the DLC. I guess the morale of the story for me is, (keep in mind I'm coming from the "customer service" mind set of running a company) for all intensive purposes next time I will return to Gamestop. It's nice that in the end Walmart worked with me, and did more than necessary, but if I can go through Gamestop and have no issues, then that's worth more to me in the end. No hassles, no time wasted, a smooth transaction is worth more to me than this silly mickey-mouse repeated calling I had to do.

Hopefully this is an isolated incident with Walmart, some how I kinda think not

I would say it's one of those you get what you pay for lessons in life, the problem is walmart.com was the same price as Gamestop on this pre-order so from the git go I wasn't saving any money.

Off to download some Whistling Straits!

On a sidebar, I signed up over at the Village forums and joined their CC. Haven't received the email from Village yet, it said when I created my account I'd receive an email that I'd need to follow to activate my account. It's probably one of those things that will come through in the next couple of days, until them I'm in the CC and looking to play some golf.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 04-08-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Finally I've found someone else who has shared the same ridiculous struggle with the Walmart pre-order DLC. My requests for assistance are currently lost somewhere in their customer department and I've been waiting over a week for a real response after calls and several emails. Good to see that they finally resolved the issue for you and with a bonus for your struggle, perhaps there is hope if I keep on them about this.