Thread: NY_Kia31 | Notre Dame Fighting Irish

• Facebook
  • Display

NY_Kia31 | Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Scouting Report for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I'll Scout Myself

Persistent SOB, who advertises what he is doing, and doesnt care

3-3-5 defense, Mixes run and pass good. Likes his TE on about every pattern there is. Will run outs and drags when you are in man. About all I remember from week 2

2015 Season:

Nice. Pretty bad ass to actually have tape on someone in their scouting report.

Loves to throw to his #1 WR and TE. If it's a dire situation where he needs to pick up yards, don't call Cover 1 or Cover 0 unless you have CBs that have 95+ MCV. For whatever reason, 99% of the time with Cover 1, the CB plays way too soft leaving it as an easy throw for the first down.

Also, with his speedy HB, don't go for the big hit. I got caught a few times to where I had the angle on the HB only to attempt a big hit and whiff. If you're in position to make the tackle against his HB, be sure to wrap up.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Loves to throw to his #1 WR and TE. If it's a dire situation where he needs to pick up yards, don't call Cover 1 or Cover 0 unless you have CBs that have 95+ MCV. For whatever reason, 99% of the time with Cover 1, the CB plays way too soft leaving it as an easy throw for the first down.

Also, with his speedy HB, don't go for the big hit. I got caught a few times to where I had the angle on the HB only to attempt a big hit and whiff. If you're in position to make the tackle against his HB, be sure to wrap up.
    I have a true freshman on the other side, who I promised to start.. Ive had so many transfers, I decided it may be wise to keep a Promise for once.

I'm gonna miss Mr. Atkinson when he is gone

Offense -

Very good mix of pass and run. NY does an excellent job of presnap reads and adjustments. I have gotten completely burnt by showing my blitzes way to often. As a person that blitzes and lets his corners on an island I can simply attest that I'm 0-3 against NY thus far and really haven't threatened to beat him yet. I know that I gotta do a better job on defense to counter his very productive offense.

NY will hit the quick hitters and very very rarely forces the ball anywhere. He will check it down all game if that is what you give him. His audible package and hot routes he uses he takes full advantage if you are showing to much. Look for out routes that he will hit right on the cut. This is a deadly weapon against man.

May sound simple, but he likes to keep the chains in his advantage. I'd love to share more but I have yet to rattle him and force him to play from behind.

Defense -

NY has a nice little package and players to play his positions. He has some really active LB'rs that play/played the run nicely. He does a great job of keeping the ball in front of him. He doesn't seem to take an overwhelmingly amount of risks on defense either. Each game I've kind of felt like I had to really work hard at trying to move the chains.

NY will play as a S, LB'r, or DLine, pending on things. He does all three well.