Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead [TV] (May Contain Discussion of Aired Episodes, Enter at Own Risk)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    If anyone wants to watch it all again, or see that episode that they missed when it first aired, AMC is doing a Walking Dead marathon tonight and tomorrow night starting at 8pm. Episodes 1, 2 and 3 on tonight; 4, 5 and 6 on tomorrow starting at 8.
    Looks like the DVD/Blu-Rays are available for pre-order on Amazon. DVD $25.99, Blu-rays $31.99

not clickingclicking not

Frank Darabont leaves Walking Dead in mid production

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...king_dead.html

Shock news: Frank Darabont leaves The Walking Dead

Simon Brew

Major, and massively surprising, news from The Walking Dead: showrunner and series creator Frank Darabont has left the show...

Published on Jul 27, 2011

Now this has to be classed as a massive, massive surprise. Just a few days ago, Frank Darabont was at Comic-Con, promoting the upcoming second season of The Walking Dead, which is set to premiere in October. And now? It looks like he’s quitting the show.

Deadline has broken the news that Darabont is leaving his role as chief writer and producer on the AMC show, and although there’s no formal reason that appears to be being given, the Deadline report suggests that “he never quite adjusted to the daily grind of producing a TV series.”

Darabont was the one that fought for years to get a television show of The Walking Dead off the ground, and he’s been heavily involved in season two of the show. Apparently, there are conversations ongoing to keep him involved in some role on the show.

This won’t affect season two of The Walking Dead, but it does pose some interesting challenges for a third season. More on this story as we get it…

I didn't know they released movie posters for new seasons on TV, nonetheless, this is badass.....

Nice! I was wondering when exactly season 2 was going to start up. I didn't know if it wasn't going to be until right around Halloween or before or after it.

Also, I can't remember, is this going to be a full season now that the series has become a popular hit? Or are they sticking with the 6 or however many episodes per season?

Nice! I was wondering when exactly season 2 was going to start up. I didn't know if it wasn't going to be until right around Halloween or before or after it.

Also, I can't remember, is this going to be a full season now that the series has become a popular hit? Or are they sticking with the 6 or however many episodes per season?
    Last I heard, I believe they're doing 13 episodes, but it takes a break somewhere in the middle and picks back up a couple of months later or something.

Yep...
    As was announced last week, "The Walking Dead" will have some structural changes in its second season. In addition to seeing its episode order rise from six to 13 (kinda 14, if you figure that two episodes were squished together for the premiere), "Walking Dead" will have the sort of segmented season that fans of USA and TNT dramas have come to expect, with seven episodes airing in the fall and then the final six returning in February.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 09-13-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Nice, 13/14 is nice. And while I'm definitely used to segmented seasons, as that was the case every season in the early years of 24, I still hate that they do it. 24 was so much better after they just started airing it in January and ran it straight through without breaks to the season finale. Unless you sit there watching a marathon of all the previously aired episodes the day or days before the season resumes, you're going to have forgotten a bunch of what happened since the end of the first half of the season.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Cool stuff.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Are they not doing the new season anytime soon? Webseries aren't exactly my thing.

The new season kicks off October 16th.

And time for The Walking Dead! Season 1 marathon starting right now on AMC, ending with the season 2 premiere tonight at 9pm eastern. A great day today.

And time for The Walking Dead! Season 1 marathon starting right now on AMC, ending with the season 2 premiere tonight at 9pm eastern. A great day today.

That was quite the ending to tonight's The Walking Dead. More questions than answers. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    That was quite the ending to tonight's The Walking Dead. More questions than answers. I love it!
    Hell yeah it was

Spoiler: show
    I totally didn't see that ending coming. I knew something was going to happen to the deer and I thought someone was going to shoot it but NEVER imagined the kid would take one in the chest too. What's funny is they really didn't even do anything in the episode but it was still really good. The whole drama with Shane and Lori is getting kind of old though.