Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead [TV] (May Contain Discussion of Aired Episodes, Enter at Own Risk)

• Facebook
  • Display
    I need to catch up on episodes 3 and 4 of The Walking Dead lol

Plus Top Gear debuted on History last night....my roommate said it's pretty good. I'm a big fan of Adam Ferrara, so I'll have to check it out.

Just watched episodes 3 & 4 of The Walking Dead....the end of 4 was just WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Just watched the pilot of Walking Dead. That was really good....now I have to find a way to get Ep. 2 and the rest of the season - I don't get AMC and they only plan on showing the premiere episode online.
    wow what a cool new show...I read about the show on here and tried finding the episodes on Hulu. The link was dead though so I had to download the episodes through the PS store.

From Pasta...

http://entertainment.pastapadre.com/...s-ratings-high

Great news that the 5th episode topped the Halloween ratings. I think we're going to see this show for a few years at least.

I hope it's trajectory is more like LOST and less like Heroes.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I hope it's trajectory is more like LOST and less like Heroes.
    Meh, I hope it's neither and just does what they think will keep it good and end it where it should be ended. Lost was GREAT until it kept going and coming up with totally stupid bullshit to keep it going. Lost is the perfect example of a television series that shouldn't have went past season 3.

It's even happening to one of my favorite shows ever, How I Met Your Mother. At first, they had a VERY clear plan of how long the show was going to last, but then they've kept it going for at least an extra season too long (but it's still great and incredibly fuckin' hilarious).

Yeah The Walking Dead could very well be a show that shouldn't go past season three.....but it's hard to tell right now. I can almost guarantee season three is inked after the first five week's performances.
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 11-30-2010 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Meh, I hope it's neither
    Fairly sure he meant ratings trajectory ...

Best show planning ever was Babylon 5, imo. JMS went in with a 5 year plan, and it went 5 years.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Meh, I hope it's neither and just does what they think will keep it good and end it where it should be ended. Lost was GREAT until it kept going and coming up with totally stupid bullshit to keep it going. Lost is the perfect example of a television series that shouldn't have went past season 3.
    I mainly meant in terms of staying constant in numbers & fan loyalty. When Heroes first came out, it was on fire - NBC planned a spin-off along with multiple seasons and people raved. Come a season or two later, the spin-off was axed as the plot of Heroes started to get silly and the show was quickly axed during the midst of the fourth season. I watched the start of S4 but never finished.

The middle of LOST did lose some viewers as they were frustrated with pace (the writers admitted they were frustrated with ABC not helping them get signed off on an end date at that point as well), but I think the everything beyond that point satisfied most fans if they stuck with it.

Season finale of The Walking Dead tonight! Can't wait.

Season finale of The Walking Dead tonight! Can't wait.
    Yep... and for anyone who has missed an episode, they're doing a marathon beginning with Episode 1 at 4:30et/3:30ct.

Found out Dish Network changed AMC to a new tier....won't be able to watch season finale tonight. How tacky.

EDIT - Seems it was a 'free preview' (for three+ weeks?) until Nov. 30. I'll find another way to watch it...I'm not paying for a higher tier.
    Last edited by cdj; 12-05-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Results from people in your social circle for Dish Network AMC - BETA

cdj80‎: @dishnetwork Where did AMC go? Coincidence that it changes tiers the week of @WalkingDead_AMC season finale? Not happy about this...
    Twitter - 1 hour ago
    Chris -
    Apparently Google knows you and I are friends, Chris. I'm not sure how I feel about this

Google knows all and sees all! Scary.

Here's something interesting. Apparently when Walking Dead premiered, Dish Network was pumping out press releases specifically announcing that it was on "AMC with Dish Network". As if you couldn't get it anywhere else. http://www.tv.com/the-walking-dead-p...ws/182912.html

I'm now leaning towards your suggestions of "convenient timing" conspiracy.

Nice find. Dish has done this in the past with other channels. They've bumped CBS College Sports up and down tiers during the football season before. I think they moved or dropped ESPNU HD as well, not sure though on that one.

The ratings for "The Walking Dead's" just-ended first season have been such that perhaps AMC is wishing that it had lasted more than just six weeks.

The anticipation for the season finale garnered six million viewers, according to the network, and it received the highest ratings of any basic cable show, ever, in the all-important 18-49 demographic.

To put those numbers into perspective, October's season finale of "Mad Men" had an audience of 2.44 million, according to TVbytheNumbers.com.

(On the other hand, that 18-49 number is very important, because the New York Post reported in 2007 that a post-"High School Musical 2" episode of "Hannah Montana," with much of its audience under 18, averaged 10.7 million viewers.)

As hot as "The Walking Dead" is, it's not quite to the level of some episodes of "The Sopranos" final season, which on two occasions had around 13 million viewers.

Still, the network says that "The Walking Dead's" average 18-49 viewership of 3.5 million for this season makes it the most watched drama series in basic cable history in the demographic.

The big question is, now that the show has grown beyond its core fanbase, will the "Dead-heads" tune in once again next Halloween (the likely start date for season two), despite the long wait? What do you think? Share your comments below.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12...ecords/?hpt=T2

However, I heard the season two debut was bumped up to this summer...not 100% confirmed though.

Interesting take from the end of the finale.....from EW.com's TV Recap

Spoiler: show
    One cliffhanger to ponder: What did Jenner whisper in Rick’s ear? Topping the list of possibilities: "Lori's pregnant." The daddy? Most likely, Shane.

I was thinking it was more Jenner told Rick something he discovered before that room exploded in episode five....but Lori being pregnant by Shane from the woods romp is more believable.

If anyone wants to watch it all again, or see that episode that they missed when it first aired, AMC is doing a Walking Dead marathon tonight and tomorrow night starting at 8pm. Episodes 1, 2 and 3 on tonight; 4, 5 and 6 on tomorrow starting at 8.