Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead [TV] (May Contain Discussion of Aired Episodes, Enter at Own Risk)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    (sigh) Can't wait to get home and watch TWD...

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    (sigh) Can't wait to get home and watch TWD...
    Sigh because you want to read the spoilers or Sigh because you're growing tired of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Sigh because you want to read the spoilers or Sigh because you're growing tired of the show.
    Definitely growing tired of the show. It really has no idea what direction it wants to go. It's pretty sad that I'm looking more forward to The Killing and Falling Skies to return than to watch TWD.

I realize that the entire TWD show is about the internal struggles of the group and how it handles certain situations, but the characters just make completely illogical choices and it's choices that really don't make any sense within the essence of how a character would operate in real life in a situation like what is being presented to them. Rick is a pussy yet he's bad ass enough to make the decision to do what he did in the bar and to man up and kick Shane's ass for doing what he did. His character doesn't make any damn sense. Be one or the other. Not both. In the situation he was in, it's clear what SHOULD happen, but it's not going to.

As for things to push the group from their current position, there are PLENTY of things that can be introduced that don't require the introduction of what they're doing. At this point, I just don't care what happens anymore. Carl is a fuckin' moron that deserves to die. Rick is a pussy that basically lets his wife make his decisions for him (making her the leader of the group, not Rick). It's really dumb because, the biggest thing is Hershel wouldn't just immediately not care about what they were attempting to do. What total bullshit.

TWD has been ruined by completely awful writing and it's just unwatchable anymore.

So I was just talking to a co-worker about TWD and came to a theory/prediction/what if. I obviously think that the end of this season will see them encounter the other group, probably right at the end of the episode to leave a good cliffhanger until season 3. I'm assuming that the other group will (don't read if you didn't read the huge spoiler
    Spoiler: show
    Kill Shane
    . My kind of off of the wall prediction is that the black guy and his kid from the 1st episode is in that other group and we end with Rick realizing that.

So I was just talking to a co-worker about TWD and came to a theory/prediction/what if. I obviously think that the end of this season will see them encounter the other group, probably right at the end of the episode to leave a good cliffhanger until season 3. I'm assuming that the other group will (don't read if you didn't read the huge spoiler
    Kill Shane
    . My kind of off of the wall prediction is that the black guy and his kid from the 1st episode is in that other group and we end with Rick realizing that.
    Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear what the hell ever happened with Morgan and Duane. They had the first episode, then Rick trying to contact him on radio multiple episodes, only to never have anything further.

Also, plot spoiler regarding a season 3 character I just saw on Wikipedia while looking up something.

David Morrissey as The Governor (Season 3)

I want to read the spoiler, so bad. But I will refrain.

But yeah I have a really good feeling we haven't heard the last of Morgan and Duane.

My kind of off of the wall prediction is that the black guy and his kid from the 1st episode is in that other group and we end with Rick realizing that.
    Hell yea bring back Hawkins aka Lennie James!

Edit: ...and Michael Rooker.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 03-09-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Ha I just went and googled Lennie James and apparently he's just been cast in Gotham for ABC.

I just realized that he was in Snatch

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I want to read the spoiler, so bad. But I will refrain.

But yeah I have a really good feeling we haven't heard the last of Morgan and Duane.
    Without giving anything away for those who don't want to read it, I'll just simply say, from what I've heard about the new guy and about the comics, next season is going to get interesting.

And yeah, after psuexv's prediction, I wouldn't be surprised now to see Morgan and Duane as part of this other group.

And Marlowe's post, I'm still waiting to see Merle Dixon come back. They had the whole thing with the severed hand, the box truck going missing, etc. So still waiting to see him return, I'm guessing most likely as a walker by now.

So do you view Season 2 as a disappointment because it didn't have the action Season 1 did? I don't really, because I liked the pacing of the story in looking for Sophia and dealing with settling in on the farm. I think Season 3 is really going to ramp up the shit though.

So do you view Season 2 as a disappointment because it didn't have the action Season 1 did? I don't really, because I liked the pacing of the story in looking for Sophia and dealing with settling in on the farm. I think Season 3 is really going to ramp up the shit though.
    Nope, I've enjoyed this season. Yeah, it was pretty heavy on character development, but I had no problem with that. It wasn't going to be all run and gun like it was in the first season. I've enjoyed the episodes so far and eagerly look forward to these final episodes of season 2. And yeah, season 3 is really going to ramp shit up, especially based on the new character coming into the fray from what I've read of the summaries of the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Nope, I've enjoyed this season. Yeah, it was pretty heavy on character development, but I had no problem with that. It wasn't going to be all run and gun like it was in the first season. I've enjoyed the episodes so far and eagerly look forward to these final episodes of season 2. And yeah, season 3 is really going to ramp shit up, especially based on the new character coming into the fray from what I've read of the summaries of the comics.
    Except for T-Dog he's gonna die.

At this point, I don't think there's anything that they can do to keep me interested anymore. I'm gonna give it until the end of this set of episodes, but if they don't do something to progress the freakin' survival aspects of it some more, I'm gonna just quit. Character development is nice and all, but give me a break. To waste a whole season looking for Sophia and call it character development is just silly. They did in 12 episodes what good drama does in 3.

Except for T-Dog he's gonna die.
    Yeah, T-Dog's a goner.

TWD

The fucker totally deserved it

Also

That shit is totally airborne, bites don't matter. First the kid, with his neck broken, and now Shane. Some sort of airborne virus or disease that has no effect on living humans.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 03-11-2012 at 09:19 PM.

WTF is going on with these walkers?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    TWD

That shit is totally airborne, bites don't matter. First the kid, with his neck broken, and now Shane. Some sort of airborne virus or disease that has no effect on living humans.
    Something is definitely weird. The 2 cops from a couple of episodes ago and now all of this. Not sure I'm liking that storyline though. It's almost like they just thought of it and are trying to slide it in. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure that other people have been killed and haven't come back as walkers.

Something is definitely weird. The 2 cops from a couple of episodes ago and now all of this. Not sure I'm liking that storyline though. It's almost like they just thought of it and are trying to slide it in. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure that other people have been killed and haven't come back as walkers.
    TWD:
    yea apparently you don't have to be bitten to come back as a walker. Found this interview with Jon Bernthal about last night's ep.: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/11/jo...-dead-shocker/

Dammit, I go to EW.com and they've got three stories on TWD shocker from last night. Ugh I hate not being able to watch it the night of LOL