Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788
Results 1,741 to 1,756 of 1756

Thread: You Gotta See This (YouTube Video Thread)

• Facebook
  • Display

Mark, who lives in a Van.

Nat Geo does it's own version of the show Cheaters.

You Gotta See This (YouTube Video Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by comprar View Post
    *Robot voice* Does not compute. Does not compute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nm.
    Last edited by steelerfan; 12-03-2016 at 09:20 AM.

At an event in Los Angeles this afternoon, YouTube announced its own streaming TV service. The offering will mix live-streams of broadcast and cable television programming with the wealth of online video found on YouTube. It’s the latest in a surge of over-the-top (OTT) services trying to woo consumers who never bought into traditional cable television.

For $35 a month, subscribers get all four major networks — ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC — and around 30 of the biggest cable channels. That price covers six accounts, so each member of the household can have a personalized account that offers recommendations tuned to their taste. The kids will have to draw short straws, however, as you can watch up to three concurrent streams at a time.

Sadly, like many other streaming bundles, it has gaps. YouTube TV, as it’s called, will be missing channels from Viacom, including big names like Comedy Central and MTV. It also won’t have programming from Turner Broadcasting, meaning you won’t be able to get CNN, TBS, and TNT. AMC Networks, Discovery Communications, and A+E Networks are also missing as of the launch announcement. ShowTime is available as an add on, but HBO is not. No specific date was given for launch, only that it would roll out in the next few months.

Courtesy: The Verge

Robot animal future.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    At an event in Los Angeles this afternoon, YouTube announced its own streaming TV service. The offering will mix live-streams of broadcast and cable television programming with the wealth of online video found on YouTube. It’s the latest in a surge of over-the-top (OTT) services trying to woo consumers who never bought into traditional cable television.

For $35 a month, subscribers get all four major networks — ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC — and around 30 of the biggest cable channels. That price covers six accounts, so each member of the household can have a personalized account that offers recommendations tuned to their taste. The kids will have to draw short straws, however, as you can watch up to three concurrent streams at a time.

Sadly, like many other streaming bundles, it has gaps. YouTube TV, as it’s called, will be missing channels from Viacom, including big names like Comedy Central and MTV. It also won’t have programming from Turner Broadcasting, meaning you won’t be able to get CNN, TBS, and TNT. AMC Networks, Discovery Communications, and A+E Networks are also missing as of the launch announcement. ShowTime is available as an add on, but HBO is not. No specific date was given for launch, only that it would roll out in the next few months.

Courtesy: The Verge
    Stream the major networks and have a DVR? That's interesting at least, though I just got TabloTV for Christmas as a DVR for the antenna. So probably not for me, but I'll keep an eye on it.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Stream the major networks and have a DVR? That's interesting at least, though I just got TabloTV for Christmas as a DVR for the antenna. So probably not for me, but I'll keep an eye on it.
    We have PS Vue and really like it. You don't have a true DVR, rather you favorite shows and from that point going forward, any showing will be available in your library. For example, in only a couple of months, I have every episode of That 70s Show available to watch anytime (I know it's on Netflix too, just an example). There's no limit (that I'm aware of) on what you can favorite so in essence, you could favorite every show you have passing interest in and save every episode that comes on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    We have PS Vue and really like it. You don't have a true DVR, rather you favorite shows and from that point going forward, any showing will be available in your library. For example, in only a couple of months, I have every episode of That 70s Show available to watch anytime (I know it's on Netflix too, just an example). There's no limit (that I'm aware of) on what you can favorite so in essence, you could favorite every show you have passing interest in and save every episode that comes on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Interesting.

I keep threatening to make they switch from cable (U-verse) to PS Vue. I was hung up on not having CBS (AFC games) and Root Sports (Local, Astros) but I think I'm over it. With recent changes to my phone plan (adding a line, 2 new phones and unlimited data) my cable, internet and cell phone (all AT&T) are costing me more than my car and I find that unacceptable, lol.

At this point I think I'm just going to get everything watched on my DVR that I don't want to lose and then cut the cord.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Interesting.

I keep threatening to make they switch from cable (U-verse) to PS Vue. I was hung up on not having CBS (AFC games) and Root Sports (Local, Astros) but I think I'm over it. With recent changes to my phone plan (adding a line, 2 new phones and unlimited data) my cable, internet and cell phone (all AT&T) are costing me more than my car and I find that unacceptable, lol.

At this point I think I'm just going to get everything watched on my DVR that I don't want to lose and then cut the cord.
    I have an HD antenna that works perfectly fine for watching network tv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I have an HD antenna that works perfectly fine for watching network tv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That might be a solution for CBS.