Thread: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Details

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Details

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...date-3-details

Hey Madden fans, I'm Josh Looman, senior designer on Madden NFL 13. I'm here to give you some additional information on another post-release update that is scheduled to be released around October 16th.

We’ve been monitoring the forums, Facebook and Twitter for your feedback and our entire team has worked really hard to deliver what we feel is a pretty substantial update to Madden NFL 13. I hope you agree!

Here are the highlights:

Feature Additions:

Custom Rosters Offline: Added the ability to start an offline career with a custom roster.

Connected Careers Edit Player: Added the ability to edit gear and information for players in a league.

Coach Mode in Connected Careers: Added the ability to use coach mode in Connected Careers.

Changing Schemes in Connected Careers: Added the ability to change offensive and defensive schemes as a coach.

Offline Play Along in Connected Careers: Added the ability for multiple people to join a CCM game. This applies to coaches only.

Draft Clock: Added a draft clock during the draft that is displayed on screen if you leave the draft interface to view rosters, depth charts, etc.

Draft Filter: Added a filter to the draft screen to display players that have been drafted.

Connected Careers Practice XP: Added the ability for user controlled players to earn extra XP in practice mode through the stats they accumulate.

Tuning/Fixes:

Gameplay Tuning:

- Fixed an issue where WRs were dropping too many passes when playing on All Madden difficulty setting.

- Fixed an issue where it was too easy to time the kick meter on FGs and PATs in user vs. user games.

- Fixed an issue where punt returners were moving away from the landing spot if you called a fair catch while letting the CPU control the player.

- Fixed an issue where someone who attempted to bull rush with the R stick once the ball was snapped activated run commit.

Commentary:

- Added over a dozen logic fixes to make our commentary more intelligent.

Presentation:

- Fixed an issue where specific offensive player celebrations were not triggering.

- Fixed an issue where the referee was backwards when calling a penalty.

- Fixed an issue with the Giants away uniforms (missing a sleeve stripe).

Connected Careers:

- Fixed an issue where Offline Gameplay AI/Logic did not match the logic in Play Now.

- Fixed an issue where playing the game on All-Madden is too easy.

- Fixed an issue where changing the camera setting in CCM game works for single player.

- Fixed an issue where League Sliders had limited impact on difficulty.

- Fixed an issue where the Accelerated Clock did not function in an online CCM game when the option was set to On.

- Fixed an issue where you could not turn on/off GameFlow in CCM.

- Fixed an issue where you were unable to sign Free Agents during the season.

- Fixed an issue where 'Starting a League' would reset Player Schemes.

- Fixed an issue where after declining a trade offer, you are no longer able to accept or decline another offer.

- Fixed an issue where you could exploit supersim to run the game clock indefinitely.

- Fixed some spelling and polish issues in the News and Twitter.

- Fixed an issue where a coach could make a contract offer to a user controlled player.

- Fixed an issue where you are forced to select a throwing style for a created player that is not a QB.

- Fixed an issue where turning Auto-Start to off does not save week to week.

- Fixed an issue where you can see rookie overall ratings by accessing the player card of the prospect through Team Needs.

- Fixed an issue where changing Auto-Sub Frequency does not change the correct data.

- Fixed an issue where the profanity filter was preventing offline players from typing in their names.

- Fixed an issue where you can draft a player and then trade down while the draft is paused. The issue resulted in the user keeping both the traded picks and drafted player.

Stability:

- Fixed numerous crashes.

- Fixed an issue with the in-game pause menu disappearing.

Madden Ultimate Team:

- Changed the Packs button to Store Button.

- Condensed Leaderboards and Help menus.

- Implemented the ability to view videos from the hub.

- Implemented Store Panel Changes.

- Moved Auctions/Trades to a separate menu option.

- Fixed several Solo Challenge exploits

Playbooks:

- Fixed an issue where theHail Mary formation in a custom playbook had a blank play that resulted in a broken formation and invisible players if selected.

Well, there you have it. We hope you enjoy this title update and have fun in your Connected Careers!

No defensive improvements whatsoever? Oh, good Lord...

I need to know if they fixed the CPU play calling. If not I'm trading this game in. I need to know what they fixed for sliders too. Pass reaction did nothing. Lots of nice changes but these two big issues for will decide Madden's fate for me.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    No defensive improvements whatsoever? Oh, good Lord...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I need to know if they fixed the CPU play calling. If not I'm trading this game in. I need to know what they fixed for sliders too. Pass reaction did nothing. Lots of nice changes but these two big issues for will decide Madden's fate for me.
    Yeah I haven't even bothered popping in my GameFly rental of it yet and probably won't at this point. I found a decent set of sliders for my offline NCAA carousel and so I'll just roll with it for the rest of the year.

Looks like the following will be neglected until Madden 14 at least:
    Defensive line pass rush
    Defensive zone coverage actually playing to the ZCV ratings
    Defensive Awareness on draws and QB runs
    Realistic sim stats
    Pancakes, 1/2 sacks, and assisted tackles working properly
    Transactions log in Franchise
    End of game AI playcalling
    More true to life AI playcalling and playbooks for their respective teams
    True editing during Franchise (Hgt, Wgt, Positions, and all ratings and traits)
    Oline, TE, and FB blocking ratings actually working (pulling lineman, lead blockers, pass blocking by extra lineman and RB's)
    True no huddle offense like NCAA instead of 2 minute drill
    Actual blocks on FG's and punts
    Poor snaps on special teams and for shotgun formation
    All penalties working (50 on sliders should work for realistic penalties if you up it to 100 they should be called almost every play instead of non-existent like DPI, OPI, Clipping, Intl Grnd, and Offsides)
    Infinity Engine improvements when running into your Oline or FB, Actual wrap up tackles instead of the arcade WWE tackles every other hit
    Player Warping to play out an unrealistic animation, balls going through helmets, hands, and chests, arms and legs flopping all over the place, and dynamite going off on certain collisions

I'm sure there is a ton more I'm forgetting but that's pretty sad off the top of my head I can name all of these issues. Here is a thought EA Tiburon FIX the LEGACY issues in your football games. I will be suprised if even 5 of these issues are addressed in Madden 14 or NCAA 14. I'm not buying an unfinished game EA Tiburon. All these issues that are claimed fixed in Patch #3 are screaming poor development, poor QA, and poor management in order to get the game out the door in time for release. When the true Madden 13 game comes out Oct. 16th maybe.
    Last edited by WolverineJay; 10-03-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Fixed an issue where WRs were dropping too many passes when playing on All Madden difficulty setting.
    ok

I can live with this patch. Not much of it relates to my gaming experience though that I paid attention to anyway.

Too late. I'm already playing the hell out of FIFA, have to try to work free time into my FIFA playing to play NCAA, and Assassin's Creed III and Halo 4 both come out in a month or less. Madden and the team had their chance to somehow win me over during the early release and the first patch. They pissed that chance away. Better luck in Madden '14, though now I'm going to be infinitely more skeptical of Madden and even more unwilling to purchase it unless it blows my socks off and gives me a blowjob at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Better luck in Madden '14, though now I'm going to be infinitely more skeptical of Madden and even more unwilling to purchase it unless it blows my socks off and gives me a blowjob at the same time.
    If Madden 14 could accomplish that it would set a sales record for sure.

If it could do that, it'll be a day one purchase!

I don't get EA's PR sometimes although they are hardly alone in this area. Emmdot and Dewiel were on OS initially posting about the patch and then answering some questions. But then they disappear. Legitimate questions about what is not listed are being asked and not answered. Most of the patch thread has been positive so I don't think it's the negativity keeping them away. Is it job constraints? Family time? You just dropped a bomb on OS, take a few questions and disappear. Why? Just say, "Sorry guys. Have to run but be back in 1-2 days due to XXX reasons."

Sometimes I wish companies would either commit to talking to people on OS consistently or stop communicating altogether. If negative posts are an issue then keep all your dialogue on in-house forums and just ban the crap out of the jerks as you can control it. Either way I'd like to see more transparency IF you choose to use social media. If you can't answer it or don't know the answer just say that. It buys you a lot more time than silence. I see too many companies using hit and run posts on OS just to market something and then disappear. I'll include SCEA in that group as well post-release (the Show). I understand why but it can be frustrating.
    Last edited by Rudy; 10-04-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Well, I give EA credit for patching in so many missing features. I didn't think they had it in them. Like others have said though, for 13 it's too late but I will definitely be excited about Madden 14 if they can build on what they have started. I still am surprised though that they add editing but leave out position switches??? That maskes no sense to me. Also, they will surely need to add the ability to change the cpu's uniform in CCM for 14.

Patching in coach mode is great news for me, especially if it really plays like play now (which allegedly is fixed according to above).

FIFA would still kill it in sales.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    FIFA would still kill it in sales.
    Well of course...more people in the world are playing FIFA than Madden. It is the most popular sport in the world.

On another note hopefully people's complaint's about small things, won't kill their focus towards continuing to improve direct Gameplay features like Physics, adaptive awareness, true pocket creation etc. I'd hate to see Man-lock removed for something non-gameplay related.

Try to appeal to both sides hurts things.