Thread: Internet forums

• Facebook
  • Display

Internet forums

Sometimes these things truly amaze me. I sign up for a golf forum to talk about golf. All the posts are topics about how active the place is, yet the "newest" posts are from 2006.

Then when I find 1 from within the last week I attempt to reply but am denied access as I haven't posted 5 original posts of my own. Yet you cannot post more than 1 new post every 24 hours.

WHAT A JOKE!

The application process is a joke too, when you sign up you have to fill out some "magic code" I hate those things as it will be letters and numbers or a word that is clearly not English, then they'll put it in italics or some deranged font where the T, J, I all look identical so no matter how you type it, it's wrong.

What is a joke are the comments sections of ESPN, Joystiq, and local newspapers. Good way to lower your IQ reading those.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    What is a joke are the comments sections of any high traffic website. Good way to lower your IQ reading those.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Fixed it for ya

gigem, pretty much all of the things you mentioned are used to fend off spammers. We've done a few things ourselves to prevent them best we can but some sites seem to have much worse history with it. We still get the occasional human spammer but at least we don't see any bots.