Thread: Small HD camcorder

• Facebook
  • Display

Small HD camcorder

Anyone got some expertise or recommendations on a small HD camcorder?

I'm not an expert or anything, just using it for family vids and sports mainly. Indoors and outdoors.

I have a Sony HDD from several years ago that works nicely, but standard def is dated and looks grainy indoors.

Thus, looking at this one, as the price is reasonable and it is small. A friend has one, and I liked the built-in USB cable, size, and weight. His vids looked pretty good, but I've seen outdoor ones. Not a huge fan that the shutter is manual open/close, but not a big deal since that is one less thing to break/go bad over time.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDR-CX200...EO/ref=lh_ni_t

Thanks for your input.

Looks like you get $100 savings with that one too. For that price you really can't go wrong.

After doing some research and especially in regards to a lot of my filming being indoors for the kids, I wanted good low light performance.

A couple models kept popping up as being great for the price, but they cost more than that Sony. So I ended jumping to the Canon M500, which reviewers said had fantastic low-light performance and produced great images indoors and outdoors. Reviews and ratings kept pointing me at the Canon M5x series and a JVC model which had wider angle capability, but people that know more than me kept saying the M500 had superior indoors performance. The Sony CX200/210 was basically budget level, while the Canon's image sensor is supposedly much higher grade and puts the M5x series at a high-end consumer level performance.
    Both models exceed the image of that Sony, so we'll see how it goes as the Canon should show up this Weds.