Thread: Golf clubs?

• Facebook
  • Display

Golf clubs?

I stumbled upon a nice putter today at the local golf store. I'm always in the market for a putter, seems like I have WAY too many but today I found a SeeMore m1w milled putter.

It was very nice, had an offset neck but also a face-balanced head similar to the Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II.

The salesman asked if I knew what the red-dot was for above the heel. I had no clue, he said if you hold the face square the shaft will cover the red dot and then when you swing you should never see the red dot, if you keep the face square. I tried it and made 6 out of 6 putts, I laughed and asked him it was legal? He said yes, there have been a few wins by SeeMore putters on the PGA tour.

They are expensive as all get out though, new they are $300+...so I'm wondering if anyone has used one? If so, any reviews?

I've used/owned several different putters and consider myself to have a decent stroke so I'm not sure if the red-dot is a gimmick. The putters I currently have in my stable enclude: Ping Tess, Ping Anser (original version), Odyssey Rossie II bronze version, Odyssey DF 330, Ping B60 copper beryllium version.

I'm also wondering if anyone has used a SuperStroke putter grip? They look interesting and again, I'm not sure if it's more of a gimmick thing. It's supposed to remove wrist action. I'm wondering how durable they are? Seems like it could get caught up on other grips. Anyone use of of them?

Here's the idea on the red-dot for the alignment aid on these putters: