Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: FIFA 13 Retail Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    man this game locks up a TON. paused it to take the dogs outside. when i returned its just the field with the camera moving all around and no button i push does anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    man this game locks up a TON. paused it to take the dogs outside. when i returned its just the field with the camera moving all around and no button i push does anything.
    Hmm. I've only seen it twice, like I described above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Steeler, do you look at or use age at all when deciding whether to sell a player? For me, I've been generally looking at selling off a player once he gets to 29 or 30, and starts showing signs of regression in his ratings, opting for someone between 18 and 24 within 5-7 points OVR below him. Just seeing what methods you use in deciding when it's time to cut a player loose and make some money off of him on the transfer market.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Steeler, do you look at or use age at all when deciding whether to sell a player? For me, I've been generally looking at selling off a player once he gets to 29 or 30, and starts showing signs of regression in his ratings, opting for someone between 18 and 24 within 5-7 points OVR below him. Just seeing what methods you use in deciding when it's time to cut a player loose and make some money off of him on the transfer market.
    I'm always looking for players that are under 25 too. Additionally, when they hit 30 I won't give them more than a series of 1-year contracts (makes it easy to get out of). If they are 30ish and not playing (or not playing much), I look to sell them.

I don't sell young players, unless they will never play or will never reach the ability I need them at. The only way I sell a good young player is if my counter is met. I never counter for less than 2x the player's value. If they pay that, fine.

Additionally, when buying, I look for players from England first - so there's not a chance they become unsettled at Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I'm always looking for players that are under 25 too. Additionally, when they hit 30 I won't give them more than a series of 1-year contracts (makes it easy to get out of). If they are 30ish and not playing (or not playing much), I look to sell them.

I don't sell young players, unless they will never play or will never reach the ability I need them at. The only way I sell a good young player is if my counter is met. I never counter for less than 2x the player's value. If they pay that, fine.

Additionally, when buying, I look for players from England first - so there's not a chance they become unsettled at Wolves.

Nice, good stuff there. Yeah, I generally start putting players on my transfer list around 30, looking to move them while still with a couple years left and while still playing well, trying to get as much money for them as I can. Two seasons ago I went on a massive fire sell where I sent something like 6 or 7 players who were routinely at the bottom of my subs list or sitting in the reserves out the door during both transfer periods, making a huge chunk of change in the process, then bringing in 3 or 4 younger and much higher OVR players to replace them.

While I don't stick to just Netherlands, I do try to limit my players to Europe, specifically nearby countries to keep them happy and from becoming unsettled. I'm going through that problem with one player right now.

Also, I would like to add that the board is a bunch of damn idiots! LB Georgiy Schennikov (88 OVR, 27 years old) wants to leave. I transfer listed him, I've been countering back and forth with Chelsea and they accepted my counter of $40 million. Two days later, I get a message saying that the board sold Schennikov to FC Barcelona for $16.5 million? REALLY? Who the hell would willingly sell a player for $23.5 million less than an offer that had already been agreed on between teams and the buying team was working on a contract with the player?
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 03-15-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Well, after refusing to give up such a talented player like Schennikov for only $16.5 million (what a goddamn joke) all because the board wanted to move him as quickly as possible, I reloaded my career a couple times trying to work out a deal with Chelsea to still get at least $36.5 million out of them, and still complete the deal before the board, but Sunday would come, we'd play our match, and the board would always sell him for $20 million or less. Ultimately, I had to say fuck it, give up and accept Chelsea's counter of $34.5 million that I had on the table when I had last saved, just so they could start talking contract with him and get him moved before the board got the in way. It pisses me off losing $5.5 million out of that deal, when Chelsea had agreed to $40 million before, but it's better than freaking $16.5 million at least.

I like that the board will sell a player, if you don't. But I agree that, if you have a deal in the works they should wait for it to resolve itself.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I like that the board will sell a player, if you don't. But I agree that, if you have a deal in the works they should wait for it to resolve itself.

Yeah, I mean I have no problem with the board taking things into their own hands if I don't act. But I transfer-listed Schennikov THE day he said he wanted to transfer out and I knew I had no chance to keep him and was working to get the best deal I could for him.

I had been counter-offering back and forth with Chelsea for 4 or 5 days trying to get the best price I could, and when I finally get the deal done and Chelsea is talking with the player to work out a contract, the board decides to stick their nose in and sell him for a pathetic price and completely undercut my potential profit by over $20 million.

That is something they need to fix for FIFA 14. I realize the board wanted to get him out as soon as possible, I was doing my best to do exactly that, but I had one hell of a sweet deal for him ($40 million), no one in their right mind would undercut that deal and offload him for $16.5 million just because they would have to otherwise wait one or two days longer for the deal with Chelsea to be completed. Any board member or GM that would piss away over $20 million just to move a player a day or two sooner, would have his ass kicked to the curb.

And something is now officially messed up. I can't go into my shortlist anymore. I click on View Shortlist, it locks up the button (everything else still scrolls or moves, briefly) and then my entire system locks up after 5-10 seconds. I've had to completely restart my 360 3 times now. So great, there goes any access to the my shortlist. Fantastic.

Try adding a player to your shortlist.

If that doesn't work, add a player, then save, then reload it and try.

If that fails, try an auto-save file.

Alright, I got back into FIFA after spending the last few days playing Sleeping Dogs. For whatever reason, I can now get into my shortlist, despite not making any changes to it, so that's good. Issue averted there.

I've just hit and passed the deadline for the July/August transfer window in my new season. I've gone on a fire sale this year. Traded away Luciano Narsingh (90 OVR RW) for $45.5 million to Real Madrid, Sergio Busquets (88 OVR CDM) for $20.5 million to Manchester City, Kevin Strootman (85 OVR CM) for $15 million to Manchester United and Mathias Jorgenson (82 OVR CB) for $13 million to Valencia, giving me four of the top 6 Top Deals of the transfer window.

Add in five players recently signed from my youth squad in the lower 60s and upper 50s in OVR sent away on season loans, and my transfer budget has become $100,175,000 million richer in the past two months. I started with a transfer budget of $46 million, I'm currently up to $149,406,999 and $885,500 to be used for new wages.

I haven't decided yet if I'm gonna go on a buying spree in the January/February transfer window or not. I'm actually still in good shape as far as my starters and reserves.

Busquets had been on my list of people to get rid of this transfer window for a year now, since he's currently 31 years old. Narsingh was headed out the door eventually, as he wanted transferred out and the board gave me full power in the decision of either selling him off or keeping him through the end of his contract. I couldn't get rid of him in time in the previous January/February window, but was able to get the job done this time.

Strootman was another on my list of players to try and get rid of, he's a good player and only 29 years old, but he was pretty much regularly on the substitutes list, so he got sent away when I got a good deal. And Jorgensen was actually one of my starters on the defensive line, but Valencia offered a good amount for him, I was able to get them to spend a couple million extra through counter offers, and I have a 25 year old player who is 78 OVR, who is more than ready to step in as a starter.